Which game had better upgrades: the original or frontiers?

For the King!

Which game had better upgrades: the original or frontiers?

by Rush the kingdom » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:35 am

In my personal opinion, the upgrades from the first game are better.

With archers, the upgrade that lets them ignore a bit of armor is not to be underestimated. With the good damage and fire rate, ignoring armor lets them deal with dark knights quickly and easily.

Not much to say about barracks. I will say that increased rally point range is handy.

The slowing curse on the mages is AWESOME. Cutting enemy speed in half, even momentarily, is pretty major. Not to mention the upgrade that lets them destroy armor.

I feel like the lack of cost reduction in frontiers really cut down on potential for artillery. The cost reduction really comes in handy due to the large cost of artillery. The upgrade that makes them do the same amount of damage to all enemies caught in the splash can also let you do tons of damage to the horde.

Most of the upgrades for reinforcements and rain of fire are the same between versions, so I won't talk about them.

What are your opinions?
For the kingdom!
User

Re: Which game had better upgrades: the original or frontier

by Fabio » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:50 am

For me, the original is the best KR of all 3 KRs.
User

by kicorse » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:13 am

On balance, I agree, but Brilliance + Shock and Awe are strong counter-arguments. Gnomish Tinkering isn't bad either.
User

by sunnydaler » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:47 am

kicorse wrote:On balance, I agree, but Brilliance + Shock and Awe are strong counter-arguments. Gnomish Tinkering isn't bad either.

It is bad.
At least on flash and Steam, Gnomish Tinkering does only reduce Core Drill's reload time by 3 seconds. Curiously, it does not reduce cooldowns of Wasp missiles, Waste Disposal, Furnace Blast.
User

by sunnydaler » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:46 pm

I just found out that KRF 'Veteran Squad' star upgrade doesn't reduce the respawn times of all barracks on flash version.

*Veteran Squad (lvl. 4): Soldiers are trained faster and with improved armor. [Respawn -2s]

http://kingdomrushtd.wikia.com/wiki/Upgrades#Barracks_2
User

by sunnydaler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:41 pm

IMO, KRF has better upgrades for barracks.
Defensive Stance & Veteran Squad increase armor by 20% .
Esprit de Corps increases heal rate by 20%.
Courage gives an ability to regenerate in combat.

KR's upgrades for barracks increase armor by 10%, give 20% more health, and grant Spiked Armor.
User