Contest Discussion

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: 2017 Contest Discussion

by The Kingmaker » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:39 pm

I’d be happy with either of these options, a full-on KR Halloween one, or an initial IM one to ease us in to making Iron Marines content (which I don’t think will be viable at all in the long term)

Having the first IM fan fic be a contest would be cute too
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Ruby_Hex » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:37 am

I like the idea of the Iron Marines lore contest, personally.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by GeminiSparkSP » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:34 am

Ruby_Hex wrote:I like the idea of the Iron Marines lore contest, personally.

Seconded
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Ok, I'll whip up something good when I get home from work.
Yes it's me

Re: Contest Discussion

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:42 pm

If on the odd chance there is anyone still interested in Kingdom Rush contests, I have an idea for one. Let me know.
Yes it's me

by AerisDraco » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm

I'd be down, if testing doesn't get in the way.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Harkmen » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:51 am

As someone who's pretty new to these forum contests, they sound interesting.

Quick question: are previously posted ideas allowed for these contests? Or are completely new ideas required/recommended?
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:39 am

New required, I believe. Old can be acceptable if modified sufficiently.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:04 am

Harkmen wrote:As someone who's pretty new to these forum contests, they sound interesting.

Quick question: are previously posted ideas allowed for these contests? Or are completely new ideas required/recommended?

They really should be new. Reusing your old content means youve had longer to work on the entry than other people.

This contest in my head would be part Hero design part Lore, based on an old drawing I came across in my folders.
Yes it's me

by Harkmen » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:36 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Harkmen wrote:As someone who's pretty new to these forum contests, they sound interesting.

They really should be new. Reusing your old content means youve had longer to work on the entry than other people.

This contest in my head would be part Hero design part Lore, based on an old drawing I came across in my folders.

I thought as much. So suppose I come up with a Hero for the sake of the contest, yet is also a part of a grander idea I had previously shared in the forums. Would I have to do a lot of explanation for you guys to trust that it was a new idea?
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:54 am

Harkmen wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:

I thought as much. So suppose I come up with a Hero for the sake of the contest, yet is also a part of a grander idea I had previously shared in the forums. Would I have to do a lot of explanation for you guys to trust that it was a new idea?

That's fine, stuff made for contests has gone on to be developed into fully fledged creations many a time.
Yes it's me

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:23 pm

With increased forum activity due to the announcement of Kingdom Rush Vengeance, I feel a similarly themed contest could be successfully. Is there enough interest for a decent contest, one that would maybe have an after discussion instead of ending when the winner is announced like the past few?
Yes it's me

by Ninja » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:20 am

I would definitely try to participate, as I have been itching for a new contest lately and thought of even making one myself. And I know I’m bad at keeping my promises about after discussion a lot of the time, but again, I would certainly try. :)
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:53 pm

Sure. I have more free time in college than I expected, so I can work on something. However, with the new Iron Marines update about to be released, I feel like a contest related to that game would be more appropriate at this time. ;)
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:49 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Sure. I have more free time in college than I expected, so I can work on something. However, with the new Iron Marines update about to be released, I feel like a contest related to that game would be more appropriate at this time. ;)

The last Iron Marines cont st had entries, but after the voting it just ended. There was no feedback from anyone, and there hasn't been any interest in it since. I did have a crossover IM/KR contest but I never had a means to use it given that forum activity between the two was not enough.
Yes it's me

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:25 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Sure. I have more free time in college than I expected, so I can work on something. However, with the new Iron Marines update about to be released, I feel like a contest related to that game would be more appropriate at this time. ;)

The last Iron Marines cont st had entries, but after the voting it just ended. There was no feedback from anyone, and there hasn't been any interest in it since. I did have a crossover IM/KR contest but I never had a means to use it given that forum activity between the two was not enough.

After the expansion for Iron Marines is released, I’m anticipating increased activity and interest in the game. Beta testing alone has inspired me with a plethora of hero ideas. However, if I’m wrong, no big deal. I’d be happy for any kind of contest, really. :)
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:27 pm

In a day or two...

'xciting!
Yes it's me

Previous