Mass teleport

For the King!

Mass teleport

by SHlSEID0 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:33 pm

Did the game incorporate some kind of 'button detection' when you try to nuke a group of enemies, they mass teleport right after you tap the nuke button? (In my very kind words, it's 'similar' to arcade style fighting game AI cheat - press light kick and Ryu may perform Shoryuken instantly).

If I nuke right after they teleport, they can repeat the same feat again. It no longer seems to be a coincidence or timing problem to me.

I know this is similar to Gulaemon. But at least that was the enemy's description: to hop if player troops appear in front of them. I don't think 'nuke' would appear in the teleporter guy's description.

As much as I love good AI, this is not the type I'm looking for :P
Last edited by SHlSEID0 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Re: Mass teleport

by Santiago » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:24 pm

OMG I noticed this many times but just thought I had bad luck..

In any case it makes sense for the mage to use his teleport when a soul impact is coming, it's smart.
User

Re: Mass teleport

by SHlSEID0 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:32 pm

It also does this with Asra's nuke too. I can accept if it happens a split second ~ 0.25s later. Atm it's as if you're the one casting the Mass Teleport --- button detection, reading my input as part of the enemy's script.

An example of good AI would be in StarCraft, the frontline of enemy troops getting damaged by you, retreats to the back of the army. KR series also have many instances of good AI, without resorting to button detection.

What would you feel if a Bluegale always cast thunderstorm right at your invisible Assassins? Good AI or cheating AI, using info that the AI is not supposed to touch? At the end of the day, AI is supposed to simulate a real player, albeit one with fast reaction. It's ok if enemies react in split second, but not at 0.0 sec.
User