Your Go To Towers

For the King!

Re: Your Go To Towers

by SHlSEID0 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:34 am

Blue Vex wrote:If one enemy breaks through my defense, artillery towers will typically shoot their projectile on that single enemy instead of the bunch of enemies still being blocked by my troops

Used to be a problem for me. I now place my troops at the furthest end downstream of such typical artillery, unless these troops are already my last line of defence.

But still a problem, especially in KRV, where there are roads with 2-way traffic :lol: Just avoid using standard artillery at such roads.
User

by Sir Toddalot » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:16 pm

Rotten Forest
Specters Mausoleum
Elite Harrasors
Bone Flingers
Shadow Archers
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”

-The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss
User

by Blue Vex » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:52 am

Sir Toddalot wrote:Rotten Forest
Specters Mausoleum
Elite Harrasors
Bone Flingers
Shadow Archers

Had to update my go-to towers, and now my list is actually almost identical to yours.. I think we might have a connection.. ;)
User

by ironcommando » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:17 am

Bone Flingers (Archer)
Elite Harassers (Barracks)
Specters Mausoleum (Magic)
Melting Furnace (Artillery)
Either Shadow Archers or Blazing Gem as my fifth slot.
User

by Sir Toddalot » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:25 am

Blue Vex wrote: Had to update my go-to towers, and now my list is actually almost identical to yours.. I think we might have a connection.. ;)

Nice to know it works for someone else too.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”

-The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss
User

by KREN » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:22 am

Meh, I use Infernal Mage, Goblin Rocket Riders and Orc Shaman, and throw one Dark Knight down by the exits.
I max out all the towers except the knights.
I am set, for every level. I can practically walk away.

I got through this way too easy. :(
User

by Shakhtar » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:29 pm

Now I use "arty" strategy with

Rotten Forrest
Melting Furnace
Bone Flingers
Elite Harassers
Orc Shaman

I've found that RF and MF have a wonderful synergy. Harassers do a LOT of damage, they even outdamage Shadow Archers, so there's no need for classic archer towers. I've finally seen the true power of BFs. They all together are capable to create chokes that with constant damage output inside the killzone. And Orc Shamans are for the later stages and bigger dudes, however, as I've said earlier, they themselves act as artillery after upgrades, destroying anything inside the choke. And their healing roots are helpful to seal it with hero (I use Margosa), Harassers and Tridents. The main downside is that you always should watch to not leak the flying enemies.
User

by EpicPhantom999 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:05 am

I don't think the Vez'nan tower on the last level counts, so:
5.) Shadow Archers
Shadow Archers seem terrible on the first couple of levels because you don't really have enough gold to max it out. Once it is maxed out, it one of the best towers. Not only does it have a fast fire rate, it can wreck almost wreck any enemy. This is like the Blazing Gem except it doesn't cost money.
4.) Spectors Mausoleum
Spectors Mausoleum does decent damage, and it's a good tower to have at a choke point, because it can spawn Gargoyles (Which I find extremely OP because they have 300 health). Besides, this tower costs very little gold to build and upgrade.
3.) Elite Harassers
At first I thought I needed a good barrack tower so I wanted to buy the Grim Cemetery. But then, I realized the best barrack in the game was right here, unlocked on stage 13! :P It spawns the best soldiers ever! I thought it was going to be a sucky version of the Twilight Harassers from Origins, but it turns out to be better than some heroes! This tower was very helpful on the level City of Lozagon.
2.) Orc Shaman
The Elder Shaman sitting on tower ravages every enemy that dares to come into its wrath. The only reason it doesn't sit on the #1 throne right now is because it doesn't spawn anything as one of its abilities. :(
1.) Rotten Forest
I don't know if its really powerful or not, but every once in a while I have a huge pile of dead enemies with their head on the ground near this tower.
0.) Blazing Gem
I won't really explain this one, but every enemy that comes near this tower dies in like 10 seconds-including High Sorcerers. It shoots an inferno that annihilates every single enemy. This is just way better than Wicked Sisters in my opinion.
User

by Knight_Artorias » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:19 pm

This game seriously has a lot of towers that can summon their own troops..
1) Bone flingers- my fav archer tower and they're also really cheap to upgrade...the skellys sure too swarm the map after u have a few flingers upgraded...the bonem is usually the last thing I upgrade
2) Blazing gem- magic resistance??? Yea right,I don't care..imma burn you irrespective
3)Mausoleum- A very good support tower.. this strat may be flawed but I place a mauso right at the entrance to posses and watch the duel without any obstruction...other than that, the gargoyles are really tanky coz of their med armour..didn't really care for the additional spectre upgrade coz of the limited time u have to get all spectres formed
4)Grim cemetery- I found this to be my favorite tower in the entire game...6*390 HP zombies forms quite a wall..relatively cheap to upgrade and they have a slow spell which is quite handy. U can't control their rally points yes but the meat they give is very satisfying for the price.
5)Dark knights- they sure do eat a lot of gold but they do a good job keep the Nanoq warbears occupied..I only upgrade the shield and leave the other two skills alone( is that a mistake? The instakill n DMG reflection)
I didn't like any artillery in this game...melting furnace wasn't too bad nor was the zepellin but the teslas and mechas have spoiled me for life.
User

by EpicPhantom999 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:34 pm

The Grim Cemetery does seem to be quite powerful. I mean, this is technically an Orc Barrack that spawns, I dunno, 5-20 units! Not to mention that the zombies they spawn are extremely powerful and ravenous when you have a Blazing Gem close to it.
I'll mention the two towers I think are total rip-offs. The Melting Furnace. This was like the DWAARP artillery tower from Frontiers. I didn't like that one too much... Especially since enemies in Kingdom Rush Vengeance have very little magic resistance (prior to the the fact that there aren't any enemy spiders in the game) and a lot of armor. That's why I have Wicked Sisters and Blazing Gem on every Kingdom of Linirea level, plus a Grim Cemetary, since its a deadly combo.
The Dark Knights didn't seem to be too bad, other than the fact that the Grim Cemetary and the Elite Harassers made it seem like trash. Elite Harassers is the only tower that I think makes every other melee tower (other than the OP Grim Cemetery) look like garbage.
User

by Knight_Artorias » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:32 am

True...melting furnance is too similar to the DWAARP...even if dark knights aren't as good,the devs knew the fans wud love it coz of the nostalgic factor...isn't 6 the max zombies the GM can spawn? I haven't realized it spawned more than tat..it does spawn a unique zombie from bigger enemy units. I've seen the true power of elite harassers but they seem like the only barracks where u have to upgrade them and get the arrow skill asap otherwise they aren't good. As u said, haven't really been troubled by magic resistance in this game,the blazing gem takes care of tat..the infernal mage attacks so slow tho and the shaman's 21-221 DMG is..............
User

by EpicPhantom999 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:46 am

Knight_Artorias wrote:True...melting furnance is too similar to the DWAARP...even if dark knights aren't as good,the devs knew the fans wud love it coz of the nostalgic factor...isn't 6 the max zombies the GM can spawn? I haven't realized it spawned more than tat..it does spawn a unique zombie from bigger enemy units. I've seen the true power of elite harassers but they seem like the only barracks where u have to upgrade them and get the arrow skill asap otherwise they aren't good. As u said, haven't really been troubled by magic resistance in this game,the blazing gem takes care of tat..the infernal mage attacks so slow tho and the shaman's 21-221 DMG is..............

Harassers do huge damage too! Yes, you are right, but the harassers an handle troops that are high in helth no problem. Besides, they are the only unit that has the ranged skill without having to upgrade it or anything, like you said. I just find it to be powerful. And no, there isn't really a max or minimum amount of zombies the Grim Cemetery can spawn (maybe I'm wrong, but I've never really seen a limit in my gameplay).
Last edited by EpicPhantom999 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
User

by EpicPhantom999 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:20 am

I wonder why everyone uses Melting Furnace. I would rather use Goblinrangs.
User

by Ninja » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:38 am

Is the wiki incorrect then? It states that there is a limit of 5 zombies per GC (which is my experience).

@RaZoR
:hero:
User

by Knight_Artorias » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:46 am

The most I counted was 6...i also realized they spawn zombies even when enemy troops don't die
User

by sunnydaler » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:32 am

Max 5 in the game codes.
Yes, it is 5. I just checked in the game.
Upon build, the cemetery spawns 1 zombie every 12 seconds (15 sec for level 4) until the number reaches 5. And after that, the tower maintains it. Thus it spawns a new zombie only when the number isnt 5.
User

by EpicPhantom999 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:20 pm

Maybe not... The wiki is a site that can be edited almost by anyone.
Last edited by EpicPhantom999 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:54 am

EpicPhantom999 wrote:Maybe not... The wiki is a site that can be edited almost by anyone. Do you know that feeling when you first sign up and you really want to post something?
Besides, Kingdom Rush is not the most popular game you can think of. Not everyone checks the code before they post something on the wiki...

Which is why people like Sunndayler do check the code, or test it, to make sure. Then they fix the errors that other people have posted.
Yes it's me

by EpicPhantom999 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:20 pm

My mistake.
User

Previous