Kingdom Rush Struggles

For the King!

Kingdom Rush Struggles

by Dacamster » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:58 am

Hey all :D

I've been a big fan of the series for years and decided to replay the whole thing recently so I bought it on steam and started playing the games chronologically. I have been having significantly more trouble than I remember having perfecting the game. Genuinely spend days trying to break through difficult missions and wondering if the balancing is different on the steam version or if I am just not as good as I used to be.

To get some help I even looked up the Kingdom Rush official guides and I am legitimately losing even following the guides. It seems things have changed as the guides are from (what appears to be) the browser version I played years ago on Armor Games and not everything is the same. Notable differences were mainly that the sunray tower on the 9th map is missing and in the rotton forest guide I couldnt help but notice that it was completed using 3 reinforcements because of the premium but steam seems to be limited to 2, also the premium let's you start with more gold so I literally cannot match the starting turret placements of the strategy guide.

Am I going crazy or are the guides outdated? I'm using them more to help with my general layout then changing things up till it eventually works but each map takes multiple tries.

This isn't just on Rotten Forest, I've been getting stuck on campaign maps (which i finally finished today) and multiple dlc ones which seem geared towards the premium gold boost.

- Dac

p.s. I still love this game so much.
User

Re: Kingdom Rush Struggles

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:53 am

The guides are super outdated. The mobile and steam games potentially have different waves (Sarelgaz' Lair as a prime example that does) to the Flash original, and definitely different mechanics due to the absence of the premium content. You do have the Shop as a added feature though, so you can use items in the levels to make up for it. The Sunday Tower being absent is a pity, but that's just how it is :( I think there are a few balancing issues with Steam, there seem to be a lot of inconsistencies between it and mobile.

If you need to check anything, be sure to visit our Kingdom Rush wiki:
https://kingdomrushtd.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Rush_Wiki

It doesn’t have direct guides, but it will give you all the stats you need and tips on beating particular enemies, or using heroes. And obviously we can help here at the forums. We're all used to playing without premium content so have already adapted to overcome the losses.
Yes it's me

by sunnydaler » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:07 am

Rain of Fire is weaker on Steam version of KR original.
It isn't very noticeable though.
I think that playing on PC makes it easier for you to control units and to manage gameplay overall.
And you get super awesome heroes like Elora, Hacksaw, Thor, and Oni for free.
User

by Dacamster » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:14 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:The guides are super outdated. The mobile and steam games potentially have different waves (Sarelgaz' Lair as a prime example that does) to the Flash original, and definitely different mechanics due to the absence of the premium content. You do have the Shop as a added feature though, so you can use items in the levels to make up for it. The Sunday Tower being absent is a pity, but that's just how it is :( I think there are a few balancing issues with Steam, there seem to be a lot of inconsistencies between it and mobile.

If you need to check anything, be sure to visit our Kingdom Rush wiki:
https://kingdomrushtd.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Rush_Wiki

It doesn’t have direct guides, but it will give you all the stats you need and tips on beating particular enemies, or using heroes. And obviously we can help here at the forums. We're all used to playing without premium content so have already adapted to overcome the losses.

Where is this Shop in steam that makes it easier? I genuinely don't see a shop anywhere.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Oh maybe it’s not in Steam. Sorry my bad, I thought it was there. I guess having all the Heroes makes up for it
Yes it's me

by AerisDraco » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:50 pm

The Gnome Shop is absent on Steam, and unfortunately so are the Endless Stages.
However, you do get all heroes included for a cheaper price, so there's that.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Dacamster » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:17 am

T minus 12 days for what? Also... there is an endless mode? NANI!!!!

I finally beat it, used this youtube video for anyone else stuck on the rotten forest xD Turns out you dont need premium gold if you have good placement lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hx0-UGlLoI
User

by tja » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:58 pm

Dacamster, I had similar experiences:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29533

I spend a whole day in trying to replay the micromanagement from a video to finally beat a level.

But that was on OS, i nearly do not start my PC anymore :D
And, i only play on casual.
This is often hard enough.
User

by Dacamster » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:59 pm

I was playing on hard haha :P Yeah i needed videos to do some difficult maps. I see what you mean in your thread, when i finished the campaign I still struggled to finish some of the heroic and iron modes for them and without those i struggled in all the extra maps which seem to be set up for you having maxed out points (the ability buffs). I ended up getting around it by shuffling my points to maxing out certain tower types or reinforcements/meteor shower buffs and then focused my gameplay on the maxed out things and avoided the unlevelled towers. Still sucked until i eventually got enough stars to max it all out.
User