Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

For the King!

Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by tja » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Hello,
I greatly love Kingdom Rush HD and also bought all other HD versions.

But after the main missions in the Campaign mode, I only have 36 from 130 possible stars.
All the the other missions recommend to have 50 stars at least.

But how to get them?
This is a major riddle to me, as I already have 3 stars for all other missions.

I would add a Screenshot, but this forum does not seem to allow this, will is very strange.
User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:07 am

3 stars for beating Campaign
1 star for beating Iron
1 star for beating Heroic

12 levels, 5 stars each. 160 stars total.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by tja » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:21 am

Uhhh, thanks,
This is quite frustrating then.

I do not think that I can beat any level at higher than Casual difficulty.
I like to experience games, but I hate to have to work hard to beat a level.
It should easily be beaten, in casual mode.

As I could not beat any of the levels outside of the main path, I started to try the other games, but there, I cannot continue the campaign, as I am simply unable to beat Crimson Valley in Frontier, or Redwood Stand in Origins.

So, my love was only right for the main levels of Kingdom Rush HD and the rest of the game(s) is just way to difficult for me.
You need to be extremely fast in reacting and also at best already knows which towers to create and which to level.
This can only be reached by many, many trial games and much effort.
This is not, what I seek in games, it is too much work, costs to much time and requires to fast reactions.
I just wanted to experience the game, experience the story and have fun.
Very, very sad.
User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:45 am

I beat the games in Casual the first time around. If you just want to bat the level without any effort, then you should go and find a flash hack that lets you cheat. Games are meant to be a challenge that you work at and learn from, and not have you give up because they’re too hard for you.

In fact this is how you do anything in life. You can’t give up because something is challenging you. Did you learn how to speak, or did you give up when you had trouble pronouncing a word correctly? No, you tried again until you got it right. Don’t give up because you are struggling, learn from your mistakes.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by tja » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:40 am

Now, it is simply so, that I greatly love the main levels from Kingdom Rush HD!
I could play them as I like to play games, casual, just to experience the game.

I tried several of the non-main levels and just could not beat them.
And I tried often, 10 or 20 times.

I did only play on casual and did not use anything I could buy with gems.
This should it be needed on casual, and if it would be needed, it would be a hint that players should be "forced" to buy more gems.
I would not like to do this.

And as written elsewhere, I normally would like to play all levels of one game on Casual bevor starting the next game.
But now I jumped from one game to the next, only to be forced-stopped much, much earlier already.

For me, it seems that the newer games are way too difficult.
And the same is true for the non-main levels of Kingdom Rush HD.

Sorry, but I was so happy to find those games - and now, I am mostly frustrated.
Last edited by tja on Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by tja » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:01 am

I now started to play the main levels on Heroic, still Casual, to get more stars and will check, if that helps with the levels I am yet missing.

Thanks!
User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by Shakhtar » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:54 am

That's the right approach. Game will be easier as you'll get more stars and do right upgrades. So try and focus on beating every earlier missions with 3 stars (18-20 lives by the end of it) and then do Heroic and Iron challenges of it for 1 stars each (5 stats total per mission). And then do upgrades on the things you use the most.

That being said, the main campaign is quite easy on casual. Think and premeditate on your tower strategy, placements and upgrading sequence, it's TD strategy with some micro after all. But additional missions after you beat the main campaign can be very hard even on casual for a new player. So really focus on getting maximum stars from the main thing first. Also, feel free to use shop items if you're struggling without.

PS: I hope you're not trolling and just really struggling.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by tja » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:20 pm

I surely did not register to troll, i registered to state my frustration!
As you wrote, the main campaign is easy on Casual - and it should be that way!

But already the other maps are too difficult, as are all maps of the newer games!

I strongly hope, that future games will get more easy again!
We are talking “casual” here and it is not casual anymore, when you can’t beat a level after more than a few tries!
User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:37 pm

tja wrote:I surely did not register to troll, i registered to state my frustration!
As you wrote, the main campaign is easy on Casual - and it should be that way!

But already the other maps are too difficult, as are all maps of the newer games!

I strongly hope, that future games will get more easy again!
We are talking “casual” here and it is not casual anymore, when you can’t beat a level after more than a few tries!


Vengeance is a lot easier than previous KR games, so much so that it has a fourth difficulty setting "Impossible" where the enemy health is almost one and a half times higher than it is on Normal mode. So if you are struggling with it, then again I have to point out, that it is not the game that is too difficult, it's that you are not good enough. Sorry to put it bluntly like that, but you are quite simply having a little "it's not fair" tantrum and expecting everything to be made simpler and dumbed-down for you.

I spent a week trying to beat a level on Iron Marines on casual and I couldn't do it. So I swapped everything I thought would work for what I thought in my head wouldn't work, and guess what? I beat the level straight away because my initial set up was wrong and not effective for beating the level. That's the key to beating Tower Defence games. Strategy. You can't just build anything wherever you want and expect to beat the level. You have to strategise, and the games make it very clear what tower strengths and enemy weaknesses are. I'm honestly at an impasse as to what you are doing in the levels if you are continuing to lose. You must be doing something so massively wrong to still be losing early campaign levels.

So you have to help us if you want us to help you. All you are doing is complaining. Give us information and we can help you. Otherwise, you're just going to have to accept you've wasted your money, and go play something easier, perhaps from the pre-teen section of the app store.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by tja » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:50 pm

[quote="RaZoR LeAf"]
I spent a week trying to beat a level on Iron Marines on casual and I couldn't do it.
[/quite]

For me, this sounds like you agree with me, that the "Casual" mode is too hard to be named like this.
Or the word is just wrong.

A "casual" difficulty should allow to beat the levels with casually playing them, without knowing much, without trying often, and so on.
So, we can agree that the name was chosen badly.

My problem with that, is only that the main levels of Kingdom Rush HD where just perfect for me!
And I am frustrated to see that the other levels and the other games are just so much more difficult, they are not "casual", as the name implies.

What I am finally saying is just, that I would like to see the difficulty of the main levels of Kingdom Rush HD again!
Or that there should be an additional level that is less hard to beat.

But we can close this topic, as I am going to try to get more stars over "Heroic" and then will see if I can beat any of the non-main levels.
I did not expect that I needed to play more difficult modes to be able to play all levels in "Casual" mode and so was confused about the recommendation of 50 stars.

Thanks
User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:08 pm

tja wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:I spent a week trying to beat a level on Iron Marines on casual and I couldn't do it.
[/quite]

For me, this sounds like you agree with me, that the "Casual" mode is too hard to be named like this.
Or the word is just wrong.


Actually I realised I was playing the game wrong. I'd never played an RTS game before do I didn’t understand the concept. Once I learnt how to play it properly, I beat it on Casual and went on to be it on other difficulties too.

A "casual" difficulty should allow to beat the levels with casually playing them, without knowing much, without trying often, and so on.
So, we can agree that the name was chosen badly.


Perhaps 'Easy' would have been better, but a mode where you don’t have to put in any effort? What’s the point? Just watch videos of it on YouTube for the same effect.

My problem with that, is only that the main levels of Kingdom Rush HD where just perfect for me!
And I am frustrated to see that the other levels and the other games are just so much more difficult, they are not "casual", as the name implies.


Frontiers is a sequel. It's presumed that you have played the first game and understand the basics of how to play.

What I am finally saying is just, that I would like to see the difficulty of the main levels of Kingdom Rush HD again!
Or that there should be an additional level that is less hard to beat.


Games are meant to be a challenge though. If the games were this simple to beat on Casual, how easy would they be on the next settings up to keep the balance? Hard mode would be too easy and there'd be no challenge and nobody would play.

But we can close this topic, as I am going to try to get more stars over "Heroic" and then will see if I can beat any of the non-main levels.
I did not expect that I needed to play more difficult modes to be able to play all levels in "Casual" mode and so was confused about the recommendation of 50 stars.

Thanks


Ok, good luck.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by tja » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:02 am

I finally got as such far:

Image

I am not sure that I can beat the remaining levels with 3 stars or more.
In summary, I still find that "Casual" is too difficult!

This should maybe be the "normal" level, but casual should have - for example - less hitpoints for the enemies.
It should be more easy!

Or an "Easy" mode could be added ;-)

Anyway, from my former tries, I believe that the newer games are even harder.

I think, you are loosing real "casual" gamers with this!
For them, the difficulty is simply too high.

But I think that nobody here will want to hear that, or even change that.
This is sad - for the games and for the potential players.

Realy!
User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:42 am

Everyone is a casual gamer when they start a game they’ve never played before. Most of them improve over time. I did.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by tja » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:56 pm

You may misunderstand the term "Casual".
That means, that they don't play often, not a long time, and mostly out of fun.
Such a casual gamer cannot improve as much.
The main levels from KR have the right difficulty for casual gamers.
The other levels are too hard.
That's what I am trying to get through.
User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by Ninja » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:53 pm

tja wrote:You may misunderstand the term "Casual".
That means, that they don't play often, not a long time, and mostly out of fun.
Such a casual gamer cannot improve as much.
The main levels from KR have the right difficulty for casual gamers.
The other levels are too hard.
That's what I am trying to get through.


To be fair, the other levels say that they are "elite levels of extreme difficulty" before you start them, so you know what you're getting into. ;)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4809
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:38 pm

tja wrote:You may misunderstand the term "Casual".
That means, that they don't play often, not a long time, and mostly out of fun.
Such a casual gamer cannot improve as much.
The main levels from KR have the right difficulty for casual gamers.
The other levels are too hard.
That's what I am trying to get through.


I don’t misunderstand the meaning, but I do understand context.

When Casual, is followed by Normal and then Hard, I understand that it is a progression of difficulty, with it being he lowest in the list it is the lowest level of difficulty. Just as I understand that the Impossible mode in Vengeance is just very difficult, and not "Why bother having this mode, as it is not possible to beat it lol, every enemy has a million HP"

Kingdom Rush is a strategy game. It is not designed for a 'casual gamer' to dip in and out of, skipping through the levels with no effort.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by tja » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:31 am

The only answer I would have expected is "yes, you are right - casual gamers were an oversight and that should be corrected".

Again, the main levels of KR are totally OK on casual, the others are not!

Denying or ignoring does not change that.

But as I said, I was already expecting to find closed ears.
It's still a sad thing.
User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:41 pm

tja wrote:The only answer I would have expected is "yes, you are right - casual gamers were an oversight and that should be corrected".

Again, the main levels of KR are totally OK on casual, the others are not!

Denying or ignoring does not change that.

But as I said, I was already expecting to find closed ears.
It's still a sad thing.


Excuse me? Pot calling the Kettle black much? You are as much at fault here for denying the fact that strategy games, hell ANY games, are designed with a learning curve. Yes the later levels are harder, that’s the damn point. You've played the game and learnt how to play it, now here’s a challenge.

They’ve been doing it since computer games started and nobody had any problems back in 1985 when Bowser went from being an easy boss you could run under to stab an axe, to a fire breathing, hammer throwing moving platform boss.

Your entire argument is resting on the definition of the word Casual meaning "without effort". If Ironhide change day it to say Easy, then your argument would collapse, as compared to Veteran mode. It IS easy. Pandemonium on Veteran is almost unanimously considered the hardest level in the entire series, and yes, whilst it is difficult on Casual, I would expect it to be as one of the last Post-game levels.

Missing out the 'so called' Casual gamer is not an oversight. Kingdom Rush is not designed with casual gaming in mind so It shouldn’t have to adapt for a market that would otherwise have no interest in it. Is there a Casual mode for Dark Souls 3? No? Why not? Because it's a massive 80 adventure game that’s not design to have people skip around with infinite health and 1 hit kills, and if you went on a DS3 forum and had this discussion with them, you would be trolled mercilessly.

Because YOU can’t beat the game on it’s easiest setting, where millions of others can, does not put the game at fault. If you want a casual ga,e, then go find a casual game. Stop trying to force your agenda onto a series that’s been perfectly fine for nine years.
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by tja » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:44 pm

You did reply?

There was no need.

As i said, denying or ignoring does not help.
But you don’t want to accept that the game(s) have levels that are not well balanced.
I can live with that fact.
Also, what i wanted to say was meant for the developers, which i believe you do not belong to.
So, let’s forget about this.

Meanwhile, i managed to get all stars for KR, KRF and KRO, all only on Casual.
It still have lots of achievements open, that i may go hunting for.

And as i said, there were several levels, where on one of the three level types (regular, heroic, iron) i could not manage to beat the level, even after days of trying.

In those cases, i finally gave up and watched a video, which then helped to finish the level.
There were some levels, where the required micromanagement and it’s timing was so tidy, that i even need a day when trying to replicate the video.

In summary, as i said, there are casual regular levels that are just too hard!
The same is true for some heroic and iron levels!

But the other turn around, several heroic and iron levels were laughingly easy.
So this is also true.

I love all the games and now will start with KRV.
Last edited by tja on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Re: Kingdom Rush HD: 50 stars required?!?

by Ninja » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:47 pm

KRV is definitely easier, so I’ll think you’ll be happier with the difficulty. :)
"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~ Richard Chenevix Trench

"You don't have good grammar when you type with your fists." ~ C. F. Payne
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4809
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:57 pm
Location: Sagan-1

Next

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests