27%
Creature
36%
Construct
36%

Total votes : 11

Re: Kingdom Rush: Sorrows

by Flamechar33 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Uranato wrote:Crawlers are great shock troops, and now that I've understood them, Hemomancers seem a bit too powerful.

Hey, I noticed that all the Footless Undead give too much bounty, which makes the levels quite easy. I would suggest halving the gold of the Undead. Also, I noticed that you haven't designed any 'super-strong' Undead enemy (like Saurian Brute or Twilight Golem). Was that on purpose?

For the first point I might half the gold of some. Blood Brutes might give out 75 instead, maybe 60. For the second point, I thought that the Blood Brute would be enough of a threat with Hemomancers and Drummers, but I’ll see if anything comes up as an idea.
Time to get a new signature, and to replace my avatar.
User

by Uranato » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:49 am

By a 'super-strong' enemy I meant an enemy with somewhere between 2000-5000 HP and Gold worth 100-200, like Shadow Champions or Forest Trolls. Blood Brutes in Sorrows are somewhat weak compared to these enemies. You can try buffing them heavily or creating a new enemy.
User

by Flamechar33 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Small Update before I start releasing the last campaign levels:
Blood Brute's HP significantly increased
2 New enemies introduced in levels 3 and 11 respectively - the Wolfkin Raider and the Iron General
User

by Flamechar33 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm back, Vengeance has given me ideas so I'm getting through this game so I can eventually move on to a second game with:
- Better Designed Levels that don't have major flaws/17 spaces for towers
- Hopefully No pre-existing enemies showing up
- A fusion of the original tower system and vengeance system in a way I will not disclose
- Enemies not thought off the top of my head during level creation and maybe better balancing?
- Maybe larger maps?
Anyways that is not this game, so back on topic.

Levels 12 & 13 are released, with the reason why they took so long being I'm kind of using existing enemies
I am altering them slightly, for instance Demon Imps now have Infernal Combustion, and the new Infernal Mages and some of the reinforcements are added also. Now I'm going to spend ages till I post level 14 as it is a very unconventional level, and once I finish the main campaign, I have the mini campaign to draw out, I need to get permission from Razor about said mini campaign containing, then decide what I actually want for the post campaign levels... and do premium heroes, draw out all the heroes (awfully and then see if that create a hero poll will actually finish.

Did I mention I have exams this year? That might stop me releasing more content.
User

by Flamechar33 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:11 pm

After over a year, I have finally finished the main campaign. Now I will look towards the rest of the game, starting by actually planning out the enemies introduced and design levels a little better so we do not have another level 14.
I would also like to mention that I will be taking in suggestions for tower/hero quotes, plots for the endless levels as well as any criticisms/reviews.
I would also like to say thank you to the whole forum. This is a really great community, so I just want to say thank you.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:05 pm

Flamechar33 wrote:After over a year, I have finally finished the main campaign. Now I will look towards the rest of the game, starting by actually planning out the enemies introduced and design levels a little better so we do not have another level 14.
I would also like to mention that I will be taking in suggestions for tower/hero quotes, plots for the endless levels as well as any criticisms/reviews.
I would also like to say thank you to the whole forum. This is a really great community, so I just want to say thank you.

Good job on getting it finished! You did it a lot quicker than I did mine :) As soon as I have some free time I'll have a long look over your campaign and give you some feedback on it.
Yes it's me

by Flamechar33 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:37 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Flamechar33 wrote:After over a year, I have finally finished the main campaign. Now I will look towards the rest of the game, starting by actually planning out the enemies introduced and design levels a little better so we do not have another level 14.

Good job on getting it finished! You did it a lot quicker than I did mine :) As soon as I have some free time I'll have a long look over your campaign and give you some feedback on it.

I am looking forward to your feedback!

Anyways, I have added a map, passives to the heroes, some quotes, and images for Lyo and Ilphas (Yuki is coming soon but spiky hair is hard to draw in microsoft paint.)I have also added a third skill for the archer, mage and druid towers. I will generally try and neaten things out, so nothing new will be added for a while.
I look at my comments and wonder if I am saying things the best way I can.
User

by Sirsquier » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:28 am

You should have a monitor boss that lives on a mountain. Maybe named Silvas. He could use a giant horn spear as a weapon. Maybe he could command armys of those wolf people. Also love your ideas and artwork. :hero: :hero: :hero: :hero: :hero: :hero: :star: :star: :star:
User

by Sirsquier » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:33 am

Tower: White wizard.
Level 4 mage tower.

100-300 true damage
2.0s fire rate
Cost: 500g

Abilities:
Goodbye fool.
Teleport a group of enemies back to the entrance

A wizard is never late.
Stops a group of enemies for 10/20/30s

All powerful.
Every shot has a 25%/50%/75% chance of instant kill. :skull:
User

by AerisDraco » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:13 am

That’s a nice thematic tower but incredibly broken in all respects.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Sirsquier » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:51 pm

:o I had the same idea hero upgrades! :hero:
User

by Flamechar33 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:48 pm

Wow, I guess time flies. Looking back, I could have made this quite a bit better: some towers I feel don’t exactly fit as an upgrade, some levels might be a bit hectic, and I never really had any plants in the levels. So, it is a shame to say that this shall be the official end of updates...

...because I am announcing the all new revamped Kingdom Rush Sorrows! I’ve already started on revising the towers and heroes, and soon I’ll be looking at levels and the campaign as a whole. I hope you all will enjoy it once I release the main campaign.

For now, here are some fun/interesting facts and plans about both old and new sorrows:

Old:
- The first fourth level barracks was going to be the Gryphon Guard, the tower originally being orange before being made green.
- The mini campaign would have had two parts, and unlocked 2 towers in each part. The first two were of the Wolfkin faction, and the next two were of Razor’s Hawcara faction. Both would also have a new free hero.
- As such, the total 4th level towers factions are: 3 Elven Towers; 3 Twilight Towers; 1 Kitsune Tower; 1 Ghost Tower; 2 Wolfkin Towers; and 2 Hawcara Towers.
- Potential premium heroes included a disco dancer, a prisoner, and a fallen undead raised with their conscience intact

New:
- I am trying too keep as much intact as I can, but revised to a better standard. Expect skills to have changed or been moved.
- Since Vengeance kindly had more than one tower for each type, I can confirm there will be 16 base towers max, with 8 you start with.
- On a similar note, I am considering splitting up levels into Day levels and Night levels. This basically would split the useable towers in half to 2 of each type, while the final part of the campaign you could use them all. I may not do this in the end, but I will talk about this in case anyone wants to take it for themselves.
- There will be more twilight elf towers, I feel I did not give them enough love.
- There will be more plants.
- Total number of campaign levels currently Will be between 45-70. I will not explain further.
- As you can tell, I am going to be breaking so many rules.
User

Previous