Fanmade Spell Contest

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Fanmade Spell Contest

by TheHallMonitor » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:33 am

You heard it folks! The fanmade contests are back!

Going crazy is not advised, but it is recommended.

And as you people who read may have guessed, this one is about spells. No not the kind of spell like "You spelled "flower" wrong fool; go away, we don't serve your kind here!" we're talking about the spells in Kingdom Rush. Reinforcement, Rain of Fire, what else do you think would be good to add in Kingdom Rush?

Whatever it is, post it here!

Applying for the contest ends on the 15th, if we don't have 8 entries by that date we will continue on to the 25th.

So here's how this contest (not the voting, this thread) thing works:

Step 1: Make spell. Oh and in this contest, we're only pretending Reinforcements and Rain of Fire exist, not the sequel spells.

Step 2: Make description of spell (what it does).

Step 3: Make upgrade path of spell.

Step 4: Post it.

Step 5: Engage in discussions on how to improve the contest, talk to other people, see what they think of your spell and make any corrections you think you need, before the voting begins, obviously.

Now I'm just going to tell you beforehand, if you post a spell, and when the voting comes, you DON'T vote. Then you will be automatically disqualified.

'
So yeah, get your behinds over here and start posting! :D
ded

Re: Fanmade Spell Contest

by Julian » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:26 am

Vortex
Create a twirling air current that pulls your enemies to its center.

Duration: 4 seconds
Cooldown: 50 seconds

Level 1: Cyclone (2)
Increases both duration and radius by 50%.

Level 2: Sandstorm (2)
Strengthens the vortex, tearing loose small bits of the environment that slightly damage all enemies inside its radius.

Level 3: Tempest (2)
Lowers resistance of all enemies in reach, making them more vulnerable to tower attacks and increases the radius by another 50%.

Level 4: Hurricane (3)
Intensifies the Sandstorm, so the vortex can tear loose whole objects to damage enemies even more and reduces cooldown by 10 seconds.

Level 5: Black Hole (3)
Darkens the area of effect to blind all enemies inside it, temporarily removing their ranged abilities.

First I thought about spells like Blizzard or Time Freeze. My problem with these was the spells basically being too similar to Rain of Fire in terms of moment of use. Although they are for slowing down and not for damaging, you would still use them at the same moment: when really needed or at a great opportunity. Then I thought of this spell, which adds a great deal of strategy because it does not only pull enemies backwards on the path, but also pulls enemies forwards on the path. This way you would use it more to move enemies to choke points... or to a melee encounter with your soldiers. It could also be used in collaboration with Rain of Fire: move all enemies in a certain area close to eachother and then burn death from above. An important note is that this spell is meant for Crowd Control and not for damage. The damage per second upgrade 2 and upgrade 4 do will therefore be very low. Criticism is welcome :D
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Finwer » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Nintendo
Give a Nintendo to an enemy to distract him.
Duration:25 seconds
Cooldown:40 seconds

Level 1:Stonger Batteries 2Stars
Increases Duration(Duration:30 seconds)

Level 2:I have a Nintendo too! 3Stars
Got two Nindendo

Level 3:Charger 3Stars
The Nintendo loading faster(Cooldown 30 seconds)

Level 4:A better Nintendo 3Stars
Duration:33
Cooldown:28 seconds

Level 5:A really hard game 4Stars
Sometimes,the Nintendo can instantly kill the enemy.
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Epicazeroth » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:55 pm

Spell: Ætherial Sands

Full Description (in tips menu): After calling all their magical knowledge together, the High Council of Magi has been able to translate an ancient Azsarahan spellbook and recreate a powerful spell allowing them to summon all kinds of powerful beings and bind them to the will of the caster. The spell gives the knowledge of the desert nomads, and also lays waste to part of a battlefield, even if no spirits make it through the portal. They may also learn more if some of our magic Stars empower them.

Description when moused over: Call on the Sands of Spirits to smite your enemies!

Effect: All enemies in selected area are set on fire and lose 5 h/s. Lasts for 10s, Cooldown 60s. AoE is about 1.5 times the size of RoF.

Tree: (Spirits last until dead; they don’t disappear with the spell.)
1: Giants of Myth) 33% chance to summon 3 Nephilim. Duration 12s. 2 Stars.
2: Sunburn) Does 10 damage immediately, then DoT. 2 Stars.
3: Burning Storm) 33% chance to summon one Djinn and Ifrit. 3 Stars.
4: Scimitars) All soldiers now deal 125% damage. 2 Stars.
5: Sea of Power) 25% chance to summon a Marid. 4 Stars.

Nephilim:
Description: Legendary warriors and heroes - half-divine, half-human, half-demonic – the Nephilim are the perfect fighting force, and obey orders without question.
Looks: Celestials in full black body armor, with double curved swords.
Health: 200 with Med Armor
Attack: 20-30
Fire Rate: 1s (both swords used at once)
Abilities:
Rally Point: Unlike the other Spirits, the Nephilim have a Rally Point with the same range as a fully upgraded Barracks.

Djinn/Ifrit:
Description: Two of the most common types of Spirit. Djinn are spirits of air, so are typically more versatile, while Ifrits are more powerful - belonging to fire.
Looks: Djinn look like the stereotypical, blue genie, with mist swirling about them. Ifrits look like red Djinn with bull horns and flaming hands. The Djinn floats above, while the Ifrit is on the ground.
Health: 170 with Low Armor
Attack: Djinn 10-17; Ifrit 15-22
Fire Rate: 1.5s for Ifrit
Abilities:
Enemies being engaged lose 5 h/s.
Ranged: Same as Sylvan Elves. Djinn shoot air with crackling electricity in it, and Ifrits shoot flames.

Marid:
Description: Spirits of water, the Marid harnesses the power of the ocean, and breaks its enemy upon the waves of its power.
Looks: A humanoid made of water, wearing a loincloth and holding a trident and shield.
Health: 180 with Low Armor
Attack: 25-50
Fire Rate: 1.5s
Abilities:
Inter-Planar: Ignores Magical Resistance
--
I wanted to make a balanced, all-around Spell that can be used anytime, and is not specially for any purpose. I think I did pretty well, but constructive criticism is very welcome. What do you think?
Please be specific in criticism (not just "Too OP." Say what is OP, UP, or whatever.
Last edited by Epicazeroth on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:36 am, edited 8 times in total.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by TheHallMonitor » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:59 pm

Gaaah can't think of an interesting spell. I know which type I want though, either tower buff spell, or enemy debuff spell.

Basically a spell that doesn't deal (much) damage to differentiate it from Rain of Fire and Reinforcements.

EDIT: Good news! The contest will have a poll! :D
ded

by REDBULL » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:03 am

AGH! Epic you so took my original idea for a Djinn like spell! I was even going to include Marids and Ifrits! Gah now I need to think of a new one!

On another note lets figure out our judges. Lich is one for sure...
I used to be a person......then i took a sword to the chest and was reborn as
these guys^^!
Click my Dragons! They love you so why not love them back?
ImageImageImageImageImage
User

by TheHallMonitor » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:04 am

REDBULL wrote:On another note lets figure out our judges. Lich is one for sure...

Again that was for story contest...

For this, it's community voting. With a poll :D
ded

by REDBULL » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:10 am

TheHallMonitor wrote:
REDBULL wrote:On another note lets figure out our judges. Lich is one for sure...

Oh lol I could have sworn you were talking about the Spell Contest.
Polls for the win!
these guys^^!
User

by Epicazeroth » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:12 am

LOL. Sorry RED. I wasn't expecting anyone would come up with those. I can just change the names, if you want.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by REDBULL » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:17 am

Epicazeroth wrote:LOL. Sorry RED. I wasn't expecting anyone would come up with those. I can just change the names, if you want.

Its OK. What'dya mean not expect anyone to come up with it? I literally brought the idea to the table in the last contest LOL. I mean its fine you can keep the idea you did a great job with it :D ! Like your spell a lot! Anyway I found an idea that I really love so I'll edit this post with the spell soon.

The Coven of Isis
The Divine Queen of Magic favors your mighty army. She has had an army of Godly and well deserved Mortal Archmages since the Dawn of Time. Only her children have the magical potency to be truly trained to the become as mighty as the stories tell. But it is said the most legendary proven Human Wizards have been ascended by Isis and given the vast store of magic that her children enjoy. She has agreed to every so often gather her Coven of Godly Archmages to unleash wrath upon your enemies.

NOTE: At first the spell unleashes flurry of spears made of light on a certain small area for 5 seconds with a reload time of 15 seconds.The spells grow as the upgrades go on.

Level 1: Invocation of Horus
Isis calls upon the Power of her son~Horus God of The Sun~to imbue her Coven's bolts with a bit more bite.
(The bolts get stronger and it gains a 4 second extra duration.)

Level 2: Scorching Judgement
Isis calls on a debt with an Ancient Fire God. He has taught her Coven Pyromantic skills to rage upon the enemy.
(Instead of bolts now a vortex of fire swirls around a slightly larger area. It does 25% more damage then the last skill. Cooldown goes down to 13 seconds.)

Level 3: Call of The Tomb
Anubis assists the Coven in learning the secrets of Death. The ingenuity of the Coven has allowed them to infuse it in their fire.
(The fire now has a slight damage buff and has turned black.It even has chattering skulls jumping around in it! How can you not love that! The skulls do nothing though. They're just for kicks :P )

Level 4: Children of Sorcery
Isis puts her Coven into intensive Sorcery Training. She bestowed upon them more of her Divine Art.
(This is basically a buffer upgrade. 15% more damage, 2 second extra duration, 10 second cooldown)

Level 5: The Omega Bleeder
Isis has created a spell of mass destruction capable of such terror that she has taught it to only the most trusted and powerful of her Coven. It can create a Dome of Vampiric Energy that slowly sucks away the life of those trapped in it. Then when it withers away there is a rumor it can create a creature that only the darkest beings dare whisper about.
(It makes a Red Dome slightly larger than the last spell. All the enemies trapped inside will be drained of their life slowly.It's basically twice as much damage as the last spell but administered more slowly. Any other enemies outside will have to walk around it. When it runs out for every enemy killed in it your units will gain a small portion of their health back. If any enemies didn't die inside it then they will just move on. There is a 10% chance it will create a Giant Vampire with the same health and damage as a Demon Lord instead of giving your units health.)
Last edited by REDBULL on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
these guys^^!
User

by Finwer » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:06 am

TheHallMonitor wrote:

I vote for Julian,Epic and........me!
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by kilele » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:49 am

Spirit Bomb

Do you know the "Spirit Bomb" attack in Dragon Ball ?
The player can manually lay a spirit bomb on the ground as well as in the air, which concentrates attack direction of every tower in range on one single spot. Arrows, balls, rockets..thrown by all of the towers within range are swallowed/trapped while the spell is active. However the affected towers deal less damage because the spirit bomb absorbs part of their energy attacks.

Appearance:

The Spirit Bomb attracts weapons thrown from all nearby towers and conduct them into a translucent sphere of energy which grows in size.
The absorbed energy takes the visual form of sparkling, spinning weapons when they are added to the mass.
It is quite dim and see-through unless the energy is released.

Watch these two videos to see it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPJTrPZgOYk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pSPzYzt3tU

Upgrade Path:

Level 1
Duration: 2 seconds
Cooldown: 45 seconds

Level 2
Duration: 3 seconds
Cooldown: 45 seconds
Increases 45% radius

Level 3
Duration: 3 seconds
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Increases 20% radius
Vanishes in explosion returning 40% of the absorbed energy (damage removed from tower attacks) released as splash/true damage.

Level 4
Cooldown: 35 seconds
Increases 15% radius
Vanishes in explosion returning 80% of the absorbed energy

Level 5
Cooldown: 35 seconds
When towers get back to their normal state, the spirit bomb remains for an extra time of 3 seconds waiting for the player to click it to be detonated returning 120% of the absorbed energy. If not activated by the user, vanishes in explosion returning only 30% of the absorbed energy.
Last edited by kilele on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:50 am, edited 9 times in total.
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by Epicazeroth » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:17 pm

RED, your spell looks awesome, with one exception: "Omega Demon" is a pretty weak name compared to the other names.
-
My spell has way too much, I'm gonna change it to make it Middle-Eastern/Arabic themed.
Image Image
User

by TheHallMonitor » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Curse of the Dead

Calls upon the wrath of the dead to plague your enemies.

Description: Basically a large green circle appears, and within in that circle are a couple of random wandering spirits (visual effect, they don't do anything); the animation lasts for about 2 seconds. Every enemy that had walked over the green circle while it was active gets cursed, reducing their damage and damage resistance by 25% (which basically means enemies take more damage, and deal less damage). Affected enemies have a green aura around them. The effect radius of the spell is about 3x Rain of Fire. Duration of the debuff is 10 seconds, and the cooldown is 40 seconds.

Upgrade Path:

Vicious Spirits
Effect Change: Enemies now have a 35% decrease in damage and damage reduction.
Visual Change: Spirits now carry scythes.
Star Cost: 2 stars

Mindless Fear
Effect Change: Enemies affected by the debuff get a 25% speed reduction as well.
Visual Change: The circle and the spirits become darker and more black.
Star Cost: 2 stars

Chaos
Effect Change: Cooldown decreases by 5 seconds, and duration of the debuff increases by 5 seconds, speed reduction increases to 35%.
Visual Change: None
Star Cost: 3 stars

Plague
Effect Change: Enemies receive DoT*, and slowly lose their armor over time**.
Visual Change: The spell now has a big green cloud surrounding it.
Star Cost: 3 stars

Death's Curse
Effect Change: All debuffs are increased to 40%, plague damage is doubled, and the duration of the of the circle is increased by 1 second.
Visual Change: All the spirits become much more menacing, with completely black clothing and hoods.
Star Cost: 4 stars

* DoT damage is 2 DPS and 4 DPS respectively
** Armor loss is 1% per second

Well there it is, a debuff spell.
ded

by REDBULL » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:RED, your spell looks awesome, with one exception: "Omega Demon" is a pretty weak name compared to the other names.
-
My spell has way too much, I'm gonna change it to make it Middle-Eastern/Arabic themed.

Ya your right. I was tired when I tried to figure out a name for it. Which do you like the most out of these?:
Incantation of Doom
Vampiric Overlord
Primal Awakening
Corrupted Divinity
Curse of The Beast

Also yea Epic yours was REALLY complicated. I think an Arabian theme would be nice!
these guys^^!
User

by maverixk » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:23 pm

REDBULL wrote:Ya your right. I was tired when I tried to figure out a name for it. Which do you like the most out of these?:
Incantation of Doom
Vampiric Overlord
Primal Awakening
Corrupted Divinity
Curse of The Beast

Also yea Epic yours was REALLY complicated. I think an Arabian theme would be nice!

Personally, I like Omega Demon.
But if you're going to change it...my personal favorite is Corrupted Divinity

Well, here's mine:
Trench Warfare- A team of dwarves quickly digs a trench across a specified part of the track(always perpendicular to, or, at right angles to, both edges of the track at that point. At an intersection the game will pause and let you select between options, however, you cannot cancel the spell once you get there.) enemies who walk across the trench will fall in and be trapped for 4-6 seconds, after which they will crawl out. However, if the trench fills up too quickly, other enemies will walk one them, causing a very small amount of damage per trample to whichever enemy is walked on. Once there are no more enemies walking on that section of the trench, enemies will start crawling out again. After fifteen seconds, the trench will begin to fill up, forcing the enemies out. If your units get in a position where they would fall in the trench, they will, except they will gain a boost in attack. 35 second cool down.

Better shovels(2 stars): The dwarves dig a deeper trench, increasing the time to 5-7 seconds as well as the trenches capacity slightly.

Wooden supports(2 stars): The dwarves put in wooden support beams, allowing the trench to stay up longer before collapsing. (20 seconds until it collapses)

Coffee Breaks(3 stars): The dwarves get a coffee break in between dig sites, reducing the cool down to 30 seconds as well as increasing the support time to 24 seconds.

Zigzag tunneling(3 stars): Now, at intersections, the trench will, instead of choosing one of possible options, it will randomly choose two of them.

True Trench Warfare( 5 stars): When the trench is dug, two rifledwarves will stay behind and aid your cause, as well as a row of spikes being out in front if the trench, dealing small damage to any enemy who passes it.

Rifledwarf: They are very similar in appearance to Bolin, and fire 4 shots before reloading. They will get trampled just like enemies; when the trench begins to collaps and units start climbing out they will scurry out as well, continue attacking for a few seconds, and then disappear like the reinforcements do.
Hp-200
Attack-Rng(12-18) Melee(10-15)
Armor-Low
Last edited by maverixk on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an. Mand'alore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
User

by kilele » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:05 pm

Omega Bleeder ? ^^
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by REDBULL » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Hmmm you know what I kinda like that! Omega Bleeder it is~Lemme go edit that...DONE! Any other suggestions and critique for mine? Also Mav i REALLY like yours!
these guys^^!
User

by maverixk » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:39 pm

REDBULL wrote:Hmmm you know what I kinda like that! Omega Bleeder it is~Lemme go edit that...DONE! Any other suggestions and critique for mine? Also Mav i REALLY like yours!

Thanks!
I don't much like the actual Omega Demon ability. It seems a bit...much to me. Personally, I would prefer the last upgrade to be something different from the rest, like buffing nearby towers and units instead of straight damage. Sorry for my lack of detailed criticism, but there I go.
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an. Mand'alore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
User

by REDBULL » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:51 pm

maverixk wrote:
REDBULL wrote:Hmmm you know what I kinda like that! Omega Bleeder it is~Lemme go edit that...DONE! Any other suggestions and critique for mine? Also Mav i REALLY like yours!

Thanks!
I don't much like the actual Omega Demon ability. It seems a bit...much to me. Personally, I would prefer the last upgrade to be something different from the rest, like buffing nearby towers and units instead of straight damage. Sorry for my lack of detailed criticism, but there I go.

OK OK...Hmmmm I'll think it out see what could be new and exciting and maybe today I'll be able to edit it!
For yours I mean I'm not so sure about the last skill. Its again like on of those things again where I messed up last contest. A spell should be a spell not a barracks sort of thing. I mean that is what Reinforcements is for. Something different could add a nice dimension to it!
these guys^^!
User

Next