24%
Trench Warfare
15%
Time Out!
2%

Total votes : 41

Fanmade Spell Contest- Voting

by TheHallMonitor » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:12 pm

I actually forgot about this for the last two days...

Anyways, let's get started!

Rules:
I don't see how you can't understand how this works but I'll explain it anyway.
  • You check the three spells that you would best like to be in the sequel.
  • You click submit.
  • People who submitted entries must leave a post as proof that they voted, or else.
  • Any of those cool awesome people (like me) that want to post their reasons, criticisms, and stuff, may do that.

(finally figured how List BBCode works :D)

For the people who aren't going to post solely based on the names, look below for the spells.

(Keep in mind that I just copy-pasted the actual posts, if the inconsistency bothers you, too bad)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vortex
Create a twirling air current that pulls your enemies to its center.

Duration: 4 seconds
Cooldown: 50 seconds

Level 1: Cyclone (2)
Increases both duration and radius by 50%.

Level 2: Sandstorm (2)
Strengthens the vortex, tearing loose small bits of the environment that slightly damage all enemies inside its radius.

Level 3: Tempest (2)
Lowers resistance of all enemies in reach, making them more vulnerable to tower attacks and increases the radius by another 50%.

Level 4: Hurricane (3)
Intensifies the Sandstorm, so the vortex can tear loose whole objects to damage enemies even more and reduces cooldown by 10 seconds.

Level 5: Black Hole (3)
Darkens the area of effect to blind all enemies inside it, temporarily removing their ranged abilities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nintendo
Give a Nintendo to an enemy to distract him.
Duration:25 seconds
Cooldown:40 seconds

Level 1:Stonger Batteries 2Stars
Increases Duration(Duration:30 seconds)

Level 2:I have a Nintendo too! 3Stars
Got two Nindendo

Level 3:Charger 3Stars
The Nintendo loading faster(Cooldown 30 seconds)

Level 4:A better Nintendo 3Stars
Duration:33
Cooldown:28 seconds

Level 5:A really hard game 4Stars
Sometimes,the Nintendo can instantly kill the enemy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spell: Ætherial Sands

Full Description (in tips menu): After calling all their magical knowledge together, the High Council of Magi has been able to translate an ancient Azsarahan spellbook and recreate a powerful spell allowing them to summon all kinds of powerful beings and bind them to the will of the caster. The spell gives the knowledge of the desert nomads, and also lays waste to part of a battlefield, even if no spirits make it through the portal. They may also learn more if some of our magic Stars empower them.

Description when moused over: Call on the Sands of Spirits to smite your enemies!

Effect: All enemies in selected area are set on fire and lose 5 h/s. Lasts for 10s, Cooldown 60s. AoE is about 1.5 times the size of RoF.

Tree: (Spirits last until dead; they don’t disappear with the spell.)
1: Giants of Myth) 33% chance to summon 3 Nephilim. Duration 12s. 2 Stars.
2: Sunburn) Does 10 damage immediately, then DoT. 2 Stars.
3: Burning Storm) 33% chance to summon one Djinn and Ifrit. 3 Stars.
4: Scimitars) All soldiers now deal 125% damage. 2 Stars.
5: Sea of Power) 25% chance to summon a Marid. 4 Stars.

Nephilim:
Description: Legendary warriors and heroes - half-divine, half-human, half-demonic – the Nephilim are the perfect fighting force, and obey orders without question.
Looks: Celestials in full black body armor, with double curved swords.
Health: 200 with Med Armor
Attack: 20-30
Fire Rate: 1s (both swords used at once)
Abilities:
Rally Point: Unlike the other Spirits, the Nephilim have a Rally Point with the same range as a fully upgraded Barracks.

Djinn/Ifrit:
Description: Two of the most common types of Spirit. Djinn are spirits of air, so are typically more versatile, while Ifrits are more powerful - belonging to fire.
Looks: Djinn look like the stereotypical, blue genie, with mist swirling about them. Ifrits look like red Djinn with bull horns and flaming hands. The Djinn floats above, while the Ifrit is on the ground.
Health: 170 with Low Armor
Attack: Djinn 10-17; Ifrit 15-22
Fire Rate: 1.5s for Ifrit
Abilities:
Enemies being engaged lose 5 h/s.
Ranged: Same as Sylvan Elves. Djinn shoot air with crackling electricity in it, and Ifrits shoot flames.

Marid:
Description: Spirits of water, the Marid harnesses the power of the ocean, and breaks its enemy upon the waves of its power.
Looks: A humanoid made of water, wearing a loincloth and holding a trident and shield.
Health: 180 with Low Armor
Attack: 25-50
Fire Rate: 1.5s
Abilities:
Inter-Planar: Ignores Magical Resistance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Coven of Isis
The Divine Queen of Magic favors your mighty army. She has had an army of Godly and well deserved Mortal Archmages since the Dawn of Time. Only her children have the magical potency to be truly trained to the become as mighty as the stories tell. But it is said the most legendary proven Human Wizards have been ascended by Isis and given the vast store of magic that her children enjoy. She has agreed to every so often gather her Coven of Godly Archmages to unleash wrath upon your enemies.

NOTE: At first the spell unleashes flurry of spears made of light on a certain small area for 5 seconds with a reload time of 15 seconds.The spells grow as the upgrades go on.

Level 1: Invocation of Horus
Isis calls upon the Power of her son~Horus God of The Sun~to imbue her Coven's bolts with a bit more bite.
(The bolts get stronger and it gains a 4 second extra duration.)

Level 2: Scorching Judgement
Isis calls on a debt with an Ancient Fire God. He has taught her Coven Pyromantic skills to rage upon the enemy.
(Instead of bolts now a vortex of fire swirls around a slightly larger area. It does 25% more damage then the last skill. Cooldown goes down to 13 seconds.)

Level 3: Call of The Tomb
Anubis assists the Coven in learning the secrets of Death. The ingenuity of the Coven has allowed them to infuse it in their fire.
(The fire now has a slight damage buff and has turned black.It even has chattering skulls jumping around in it! How can you not love that! The skulls do nothing though. They're just for kicks :P )

Level 4: Children of Sorcery
Isis puts her Coven into intensive Sorcery Training. She bestowed upon them more of her Divine Art.
(This is basically a buffer upgrade. 15% more damage, 2 second extra duration, 10 second cooldown)

Level 5: The Omega Bleeder
Isis has created a spell of mass destruction capable of such terror that she has taught it to only the most trusted and powerful of her Coven. It can create a Dome of Vampiric Energy that slowly sucks away the life of those trapped in it. Then when it withers away there is a rumor it can create a creature that only the darkest beings dare whisper about.
(It makes a Red Dome slightly larger than the last spell. All the enemies trapped inside will be drained of their life slowly.It's basically twice as much damage as the last spell but administered more slowly. Any other enemies outside will have to walk around it. When it runs out for every enemy killed in it your units will gain a small portion of their health back. If any enemies didn't die inside it then they will just move on. There is a 10% chance it will create a Giant Vampire with the same health and damage as a Demon Lord instead of giving your units health.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spirit Bomb

Do you know the "Spirit Bomb" attack in Dragon Ball ?
The player can manually lay a spirit bomb on the ground as well as in the air, which concentrates attack direction of every tower in range on one single spot. Arrows, balls, rockets..thrown by all of the towers within range are swallowed/trapped while the spell is active. However the affected towers deal less damage because the spirit bomb absorbs part of their energy attacks.

Appearance:

The Spirit Bomb attracts weapons thrown from all nearby towers and conduct them into a translucent sphere of energy which grows in size.
The absorbed energy takes the visual form of sparkling, spinning weapons when they are added to the mass.
It is quite dim and see-through unless the energy is released.

Watch these two videos to see it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPJTrPZgOYk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pSPzYzt3tU

Upgrade Path:

Level 1
Duration: 2 seconds
Cooldown: 45 seconds

Level 2
Duration: 3 seconds
Cooldown: 45 seconds
Increases 45% radius

Level 3
Duration: 3 seconds
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Increases 20% radius
Vanishes in explosion returning 40% of the absorbed energy (damage removed from tower attacks) released as splash/true damage.

Level 4
Cooldown: 35 seconds
Increases 15% radius
Vanishes in explosion returning 80% of the absorbed energy

Level 5
Cooldown: 35 seconds
When towers get back to their normal state, the spirit bomb remains for an extra time of 3 seconds waiting for the player to click it to be detonated returning 120% of the absorbed energy. If not activated by the user, vanishes in explosion returning only 30% of the absorbed energy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Curse of the Dead

Calls upon the wrath of the dead to plague your enemies.

Description: Basically a large green circle appears, and within in that circle are a couple of random wandering spirits (visual effect, they don't do anything); the animation lasts for about 2 seconds. Every enemy that had walked over the green circle while it was active gets cursed, reducing their damage and damage resistance by 25% (which basically means enemies take more damage, and deal less damage). Affected enemies have a green aura around them. The effect radius of the spell is about 3x Rain of Fire. Duration of the debuff is 10 seconds, and the cooldown is 40 seconds.

Upgrade Path:

Vicious Spirits
Effect Change: Enemies now have a 35% decrease in damage and damage reduction.
Visual Change: Spirits now carry scythes.
Star Cost: 2 stars

Mindless Fear
Effect Change: Enemies affected by the debuff get a 25% speed reduction as well.
Visual Change: The circle and the spirits become darker and more black.
Star Cost: 2 stars

Chaos
Effect Change: Cooldown decreases by 5 seconds, and duration of the debuff increases by 5 seconds, speed reduction increases to 35%.
Visual Change: None
Star Cost: 3 stars

Plague
Effect Change: Enemies receive DoT*, and slowly lose their armor over time**.
Visual Change: The spell now has a big green cloud surrounding it.
Star Cost: 3 stars

Death's Curse
Effect Change: All debuffs are increased to 40%, plague damage is doubled, and the duration of the of the circle is increased by 1 second.
Visual Change: All the spirits become much more menacing, with completely black clothing and hoods.
Star Cost: 4 stars

* DoT damage is 2 DPS and 4 DPS respectively
** Armor loss is 1% per second

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trench Warfare- A team of dwarves quickly digs a trench across a specified part of the track(always perpendicular to, or, at right angles to, both edges of the track at that point. At an intersection the game will pause and let you select between options, however, you cannot cancel the spell once you get there.) enemies who walk across the trench will fall in and be trapped for 4-6 seconds, after which they will crawl out. However, if the trench fills up too quickly, other enemies will walk one them, causing a very small amount of damage per trample to whichever enemy is walked on. Once there are no more enemies walking on that section of the trench, enemies will start crawling out again. After fifteen seconds, the trench will begin to fill up, forcing the enemies out. If your units get in a position where they would fall in the trench, they will, except they will gain a boost in attack. 35 second cool down.

Better shovels(2 stars): The dwarves dig a deeper trench, increasing the time to 5-7 seconds as well as the trenches capacity slightly.

Wooden supports(2 stars): The dwarves put in wooden support beams, allowing the trench to stay up longer before collapsing. (20 seconds until it collapses)

Coffee Breaks(3 stars): The dwarves get a coffee break in between dig sites, reducing the cool down to 30 seconds as well as increasing the support time to 24 seconds.

Zigzag tunneling(3 stars): Now, at intersections, the trench will, instead of choosing one of possible options, it will randomly choose two of them.

True Trench Warfare( 5 stars): When the trench is dug, two rifledwarves will stay behind and aid your cause, as well as a row of spikes being out in front if the trench, dealing small damage to any enemy who passes it.

Rifledwarf: They are very similar in appearance to Bolin, and fire 4 shots before reloading. They will get trampled just like enemies; when the trench begins to collaps and units start climbing out they will scurry out as well, continue attacking for a few seconds, and then disappear like the reinforcements do.
Hp-200
Attack-Rng(12-18) Melee(10-15)
Armor-Low

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time Out!

A spell which slows down time immensely to keep you calm and collected (Time slows down by a % and this affects cool downs of spells and abilities as well as the construction of towers)

[Picture is a frozen hourglass]

Reload: 2 minutes, slows down time by 40% for 5 seconds (In slow-mo mode)

Paradox Spam: 1 star, reduces cool down by 20 seconds

Stop Right There, Criminal Scum: 2 stars, Slows down time by 70%

Matrix Mode: 2 stars, all towers and infantry attack faster while in slow-mo mode

Go take a Breather: 3 stars, Increases duration by 3 seconds

Time Lord: 7 stars, Double click spell while it is active to completely freeze time for up to 5 seconds. Using time lord makes the recharge of the ability 15 seconds longer than normal.(after freeze time is over the duration of Time Out! remains unaffected)

(If you find any mistakes, typos, or stuff like that, please let me know)
ded

Re: Fanmade Spell Contest- Voting

by Finwer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:28 pm

I voted!
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by kilele » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:07 pm

Finwer wrote:I voted!

only one vote and just for yourself :lol:
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by Scorpion008 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:21 pm

kilele wrote:

Don't feel bad Finwer, I voted for you too :)
User

by Finwer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Scorpion008 wrote:
kilele wrote:

Don't feel bad Finwer, I voted for you too :)

thanks!
User

by maverixk » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:18 pm

I voted! I should give some detailed whatnot soon. After I do some homework.
Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an. Mand'alore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
User

by Scorpion008 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:48 pm

I just read the rules. I only picked one vote and can't vote two more :(
Last edited by Scorpion008 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Julian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Vortex: good
Nintendo: not fitting
Ætherial Sands: too complicated
The Coven of Isis: too complicated

Spirit Bomb: good
Curse of the Dead: good

Trench Warfare: too complicated
Time Out!: not practical
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Epicazeroth » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Vortex is good crowd control.
Nintendo is weird.
Ætherial Sands: while making it, I was trying to make an all-around Spell, and I thought I did a good job.
The Coven of Isis was good, but not as good as CotD.
Spirit Bomb was just unoriginal, and I didn't see what the point of it was.
Curse of the Dead was a good debuff thing (and it sounded cool), and KR needs debuffs.
Trench Warfare: good. I can't really explain well why I didn't vote for it instead of other things, but I didn't.
Time Out! was just unnecessary and didn't feel "right".
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by Finwer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Nintendo is fun!
User

by kilele » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Vortex
Beautiful spell involving the sand terrain, there would be great fun using this spell right before rain of fire.

Nintendo
why not inflatable voluptuous dolls ?

Aetherial Sands
A sort of rain of fire with flames plus summoning cool reinforcements! two kind of genies(air and ground) with huge double curved swords, and a powerful titan with rally-point.
Imaginative and fun to play, I like that units are summoned at random (even better if they were rotated and the player had to choose which one to release)

The Coven of Isis
Another imaginative work by RB, I like that the spell changes its look:
multiple bluish lightnings, spiral down lightnings in fire, skulls dancing amidst the previous fire, reddish dome.
I love the vampiric dome and how it forces enemies to walk around it, actually this is similar to a cool spell I saw in youtube :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymKwq5Ixbc4#t=1m20s
Maybe the cooldown is too short.

Spirit Bomb
I thought of something for selective attack (though reducing damage) as well as a clickable bomb and a way of fighting lots of flying enemies.

Curse of the Dead
This is a spell to slow down and weaken enemies, I'd like that the player had to choose/click which enemies wear the green aura (a variable number of geen auras allowed)

Trench Warfare
It'd be funny to see a group of dwarves digging trenches with spades and dynamite,
I love the idea about rifledwarves with spike traps and the picture of them being trampled.
I don't think that pausing the game is a good idea, there could be something in the spell's gui pointer to indicate the digging direction.

Time Out!
I can't see how this works visually,
you press a button and everything buff/debuff every two minutes?
Last edited by kilele on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
User

by Epicazeroth » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:58 pm

kilele wrote:Vortex
Beautiful spell involving the sand terrain, there would be great fun using this spell right before rain of fire.

Nintendo
why not inflatable voluptuous dolls ?

Aetherial Sands
A sort of rain of fire with flames plus summoning cool reinforcements! two kind of genies(air and ground) with huge double curved swords, and a powerful titan with rally-point.
Imaginative and fun to play, I like that units are summoned at random (even better if they rotated and the player had to choose which one to release)

The Coven of Isis
Another imaginative work by RB, I like that the spell changes its look:
multiple bluish lightnings, spiral down lightnings in fire, skulls dancing amidst the previous fire, reddish dome.
I love the vampiric dome and how it forces enemies to walk around it, actually this is similar to a cool spell I saw in youtube :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymKwq5Ixbc4#t=1m20s
Maybe the cooldown is too short.

Spirit Bomb
I thought of something for selective attack (though reducing damage) as well as a clickable bomb and a way of fighting lots of flying enemies.

Curse of the Dead
This is a spell to slow down and weaken enemies, I'd like that the player had to choose/click which enemies wear the green aura (a variable number of geen auras allowed)

Trench Warfare
It'd be funny to see a group of dwarves digging trenches with spades and dynamite,
I love the idea about rifledwarves with spike traps and the picture of them being trampled.
I don't think that pausing the game is a good idea, there could be something in the spell's gui pointer to indicate the digging direction.

Time Out!
I can't see how this works visually,
you press a button and everything buff/debuff every two minutes?

Wait, is just a review, or did you vote too.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by kilele » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:22 pm

I haven't made up my mind yet :)
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
User

by TheHallMonitor » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Wait a minute, how is there only 22 votes? It should be a multiple of 3.

Looks like Vortex is in the lead with Curse of the Dead right behind.

C'mon people, get more voters!
ded

by Puggerugger » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:14 pm

I have voted, and I can't believe somebody liked something my brain pooped at during another sleepless sunday night
User

by TheHallMonitor » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Puggerugger wrote:I can't believe somebody liked something my brain pooped at during another sleepless sunday night

But... that was your own vote wasn't it?
ded

by kilele » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:47 pm

There must be a way to make a forum poll force people to vote a fixed number of choices like three or whatever.
Last edited by kilele on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
User

by TheHallMonitor » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:53 pm

kilele wrote:there must be a way to make a forum poll force people to vote a fixed number of choices like three or whatever

I just saw Scorpion's vote, so it was him that voted once >.> You should read the rules before voting next time, Scorpion.

Eh who cares, he voted for Nintendo, so it's not like it made a difference lol
ded

by Julian » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:54 pm

kilele wrote:there must be a way to make a forum poll force people to vote a fixed number of choices like three or whatever

Well, there is none ;3

@TheHallMonitor Scorpion said he accidentily voted for just 1
option. If you enable revoting he could add two more votes ^^
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by TheHallMonitor » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Julian wrote:If you enable revoting he could add two more votes ^^

Wait, how did you know I could do this? >.>

Ummm I'm not sure about it, I don't want anyone else changing their votes.
ded

Next