endless rock elemental vs. swamp thing in rotten forest

For the King!

endless rock elemental vs. swamp thing in rotten forest

by nvtcqorx » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:36 am

After thinking a bit about the how the rock elemental turns into an enemy if it is killed in the rotten forest, I thought I might be able to get the game into an endless loop of "rock elemental vs. swamp thing". At the end of the level, sell everything except for one orange sorcerer tower, with a rock elemental near the swamp. Also possibly leave some other offensive weapons. Make sure the rock elemental dies and turns into a swamp thing. Then let the swamp thing kill the next rock elemental. Then let the orange tower (and possibly some other offensive weapons) kill the swap thing. Endless play!

I was able to to get it going, but after several loops the swamp thing died too early and the game ended. To much offense and the game ends, too little offense and you will have a cascade of swamp things. I have not been able to get an unattended setup going yet, but it should be possible. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post some screenshots.
User

Re: endless rock elemental vs. swamp thing in rotten forest

by Scorpion008 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Sick idea! Wait....you don't get money so what's the point?
User

by Jean56 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:56 pm

the point is it's for fun dude
User

by LichLord » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:44 pm

A nice challenge would be who can get it going longer recorded in a video. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Please give Yin, Yang, Blaze, Frost, and Crystal a visit, they will enjoy the company! :mrgreen:
User

by kilele » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:33 pm

LichLord wrote:A nice challenge would be who can get it going longer recorded in a video. ;)

Indeed !! it'd be a great challenge.

Please nvtcqorx, share your pics or videos about your fight against the Swamp, perhaps some people can give you suggestions to have the game get into an endless loop :P
Your idea immediately reminded me of the feat achieved by Suin in Ruins of Acaroth :

http://youtu.be/lkSaLqXfc3o
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by LichLord » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:21 pm

kilele wrote:
LichLord wrote:A nice challenge would be who can get it going longer recorded in a video. ;)

Indeed !! it'd be a great challenge.

Please nvtcqorx, share your pics or videos about your fight against the Swamp, perhaps some people can give you suggestions to have the game get into an endless loop :P
Your idea immediately reminded me of the feat achieved by Suin in Ruins of Acaroth :

http://youtu.be/lkSaLqXfc3o

That one would end eventually with the boss dying though, but its still funny to see him tanked by 9 rank1 barrack units.
Please give Yin, Yang, Blaze, Frost, and Crystal a visit, they will enjoy the company! :mrgreen:
User

by nvtcqorx » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:29 am

OK I got it going again, although I am not sure how long it will go unattended. I might have to tweak it a bit... Pics are shown below; here are some tips if you want to set it up yourself:

-- play through to level 20 using your favorite setup. Make sure you have one or two orange towers on the lower left as shown in the first pic.
-- try to get your get your rock elemental killed a few times before the selloff (you want to have some swamp things on the board at the time of the selloff as in the first pic)
-- right after the tree boss is killed, sell off most of your towers, one every few seconds. You should be selling off your last cannon right after the last of the small trees and orange demons is killed. (it's actually safer to sell off too much than too little; you will have plenty of cash by this time, so you can build a temporary big cannon if you need to clean up some enemies)
-- move your hero and your paladins/barbarians out the way
-- move your rock elemental back just enough so that the swamp thing is throwing swamp goo at it. Do not move the rock forward to engage in hand-to-hand combat.
-- keep or build one or two offensive towers as in the fourth pic. You want the swamp thing to be at around one-third or one-half power when your rock is killed.

Right before the end of level 20. The lower left part is the most important. The rest of the setup really doesn't matter; you can use your favorite setup. There are actually two rock elementals that have been created here, but they are both dead/regenerating at the time of the snapshot:

Right after the selloff. The towers at the top, middle, and lower right are out of range and are not needed. I had to build a cannon right after this because the balance is a bit too far in favor of the enemies at this point:

Swamp thing throwing swamp goo at the rock. The swamp thing should have a bit more life than I had here; this is cutting it way too close:

A somewhat-stable setup. The paladins are probably not needed. I might need to add a second tower to get the balance just right:
User

by nvtcqorx » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm

hmmm... I posted some screenshots but they do not appear to be here.

I got it going a few more times, but I can't seem to get a stable setup. One side or the other always gets the upper hand. If I find out anything new I will let you know.
User

by nvtcqorx » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Ahhh... here is a setup that has been running unattended for about ten minutes and appears to be stable! Now with two rock elementals and approx. 8 swamp things. Three purple towers on the far left, fully maxed out with death ray and teleport. Very important to have the swamp things usually outside the range of the purple towers, then the death rays and teleport only come on when some swamp things get the upper hand and move into range.

Get off my land!
User

by Julian » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Nice :D
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by nvtcqorx » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Victory! Now at 1 hour plus, totally unattended.

I even moved the king out of the way, so it apparently can be done without any heroes.
User

by kilele » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Thank you! I'll try this challenge as well. So in the end how long did you manage to keep it unattended ?
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
User

by delebru » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:31 pm

nvtcqorx wrote:Victory! Now at 1 hour plus, totally unattended.

I even moved the king out of the way, so it apparently can be done without any heroes.

Totally EPIC!! :D
Ironhide Developer

by nvtcqorx » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:27 pm

I ended up letting it run for about two hours, then closed it. It was not showing any signs of instability.
User

by kilele » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Awesome! we need more loops or ways of hacking the game ;)
btw have you read this thread about Easy Boss Battles ?

Edit:

This is the original thread about the warthog
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=668
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
User

by LichLord » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:02 am

nvtcqorx wrote:I ended up letting it run for about two hours, then closed it. It was not showing any signs of instability.

Sweet, guess there's no need of a 2hour+ video to prove that (who would seriously stay over 2 hours watching it) so congratulations! :D
User

by Epicazeroth » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 am

Who would watch a 2-hour video? The same people who would watch the 24-hour Nyan Cat.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by LichLord » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:47 pm

Epicazeroth wrote:Who would watch a 2-hour video? The same people who would watch the 24-hour Nyan Cat.

It was a rhetorical question Epic...but in any case yes, such lifeless people would.
User