Suggestions Kingdom Rush 2

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Suggestions Kingdom Rush 2

by Earendel » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Apologies for the long post but quite a bit of though went into this, especially the 2nd half.

General Suggestions:

More difficulty levels for each mission.

An unlimited waves mode (survival) to see how many ways you can successfully destroy (not waves released, but waves where every enemy was killed).

Speed controls (x2, x4)

More spells. Maybe you can only 'equip' 2 or 3 spells per mission, but there are could be lots of spells to choose from. (Single target spell with fast recharge would be nice).

You should be able to make towers target a specific unit by clicking on it.

The enemy could have artillery that damage towers. You troops could run to it and break it up. You'd select the barracks, and click attack the target siege engine. The troops would leave their deploy area, destroy the target, and then return to the deploy area.

It would be nice to have some sort of hero/avatar unit. Spells cast would be cast from the hero, so if the hero dies then no spells until he/she re-spawns. Maybe different hero's could have different spells and different general bonuses (barbarian hero: -5% magic damage, +10% troop hp, etc).

In general, the artillery is too powerful. The rate of fire and/or damage should be reduced. Either that or put a damage cap on the total damage done per strike (grouped enemies cushion each other).

Achievements could unlock secret goodies.
For example, if a barbarian has killed 10 enemies, then in the survival mode for a specific level barbarians could have double the number of hitpoints.

Elements:
The came already has lightning, poison (nature), and a loose connection to fire in explosives but it would be great to expand on that.

Essentially there would be 3 damage types (Physical, Explosive, and Magic). Ech one can also be associated with a sub-type, eg: Dark Magic, Light Magic, Physical Poison, Explosive Lightning, Explosive Fire.

Now for the specifics:

Arrow Tower level 1, 2, 3
----Longbow Tower L4
--------Ranger Tower L5
--------Sniper Tower L5
----Crossbow Tower L4
--------Musketeer Tower L5
--------Ballista Tower L5

Magic Tower level 1, 2, 3
----Beam Tower L4
--------Light Tower L5
--------Dark Tower L5
----Orb Tower L4
--------Warp Tower L5
--------Transmute Tower L5

Cannon Tower level 1, 2, 3
----Explosive Tower L4
--------Flame Tower L5
--------Acid Tower L5
----Bombard Tower L4
--------Lightning Tower L5
--------Ice Tower L5

Barracks level 1, 2, 3 (Soldiers)
----Bastion (Footman)
--------Keep (Knight)
--------Chapel (Paladin)
----Hall (Hunter)
--------Mead Hall (Berserker)
--------Ranger Hall (Ranger)

The Ranger Tower would have the abilities: Poison Arrows (nature element), Entangling Roots, and Thorns. Thorns would give a minor attack damage increase, but mainly would give let entangling roots do damage as well as stopping movement.

The Sniper Tower (Somewhat like an arcane archer) has self-guiding arrows with a huge range but low reload rate. The special abilities: Cripple (change to reduce movement speed by half), head-shot (kill change), Volley (a volley of arrows blankets an area in range)

The Ballista Tower fire hige bolts that ignore a portion of the target's armour. Upgrades: Piercing Bold (increases the amount of armor ignored), Strike-Through (Bolts can continue through one target to hit another. Each upgrade increases the number of targets a bolt can get through), Net (forces a flying enemy to the ground).

The Musketeer tower would have the abilities: Shrapnel, Ricochet (change for attack to bounce to another enemies, further upgrades increase bounces and chance), Shotgun (alternate area attack for close range).

The Light Magic Tower would shoot a continuous beam of light at a target and instantly move to the next target when done. Upgrades would include: Split beam (2 targets at 55% power, 3 targets at 40% power, 4 targets at 35% power), Piercing Light (Ignores a portion of magic resistance), Heal (healing aura for nearby friendly troops)

Dark Magic Tower would be a high-damage but low rate of fire tower. Abilities: Disintegrate (instant kill), Destruction (When an enemy is killed by the dark tower it explodes causing dark damage to other nearby), Drain (leeches life from all enemies in range).

Warp Tower (Demi Tower) orbs deal a small amount of base damage plus percentage of current health damage (eg: 2 damage + 2% health damage). This would make it good against enemies with lots of health, but not so good when the enemies have low health. Abilities: Area Blast (give the main attack an increasing area). Teleport, Warp (causes the teleport to deal percentage damage per teleport). (Note: The Demi spell features in the final fantasy series. It may sound overpowered but it is only useful ins specific situations).

Transmute Tower (needs better name). Attacks reduce armour. Abilities: Bouncing attack, Polymorph, Golem.

The Flame Tower does explosive fire damage (Somewhere between Napalm & Big Bertha). Abilities include Napalm (Increases fire damage over time), Thermobarics (increases blast / splash area), Rocket (yippie ki-yay).

The Acid Tower fires acid bombs and does explosive acid damage. The acid leaves a pool on the ground (like scorched earth) and does damage over time. Abilities: Alchemy (Lets x2, x3, x4 acid DOT effects stack at once), Dissolve (reduces armour and magic resistance), Cluster Bombs.

The Ice Tower does explosie cold damage. It could shoot rays of frost, ice shards, chunks of glacier, or glittery snowball things, whatever makes the most sense for artillery. Abilities: Chill (struck enemies are slower), Freeze (small chance to freeze struck enemies), Fragments (enemies killed while frozen explode in ice fragments).

Knights would have the best armour. Abilities include Spiked Armor, Shield Block (good chance to block arrows), Deathblow (High damage Physical Dark attack)

Paladin would have medium armor and the abilites: Heal (self and others), Magic Resistance, Smite (Magical Light area attack).

The Berserker would have medium aror but very very hight health. Abilites: Regenerate, Whirlwind attack (Explosive area attack), Armour Piercing axes.

The Ranger would have low armor and a chance of dodging each attack. They would also have a secondary ranged attack . Abilities: Evasion (Better dodge chance), Poison (Physical Nature), Archery (better ranged attack).
User

Re: Suggestions Kingdom Rush 2

by Gheata » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:35 pm

the tower upgarde tree sucks in your recomandation

the hero thing is good
player shouldn't be able to use powers but he should be able to select hero's powers and perhaps some abilityes (hero lvl-s up)

I propose another upgrade tree at towers:

Level 1

Archer Tower
Mage Tower
Dwarven Tower
barracks

Level 2

Option 1

Crossbowman tower
Dark Acolite tower
Trap tower
dungedons (skeletons)

option 2

longbowman tower
Healer's house (heals soldiers , low damage)
Robot factory (produce suicide-robots with area explosions)
Guardin's house (1 guardian that fights with 3 at a time)

option 3

Spear tower
Dragon's nest (summons 1 dragon that can be moved on map which breaths fire-low-medium damage 400%damage recived from flying units)
Battle dwarfs ( 4 little dwarfs with shields and axes. They can scare enemyes-low life medium damage great armor)
assassins den (summons from time to time 1 assassin thet kills a enemy or takes 5% of boss hp and slows down)

Level 3

option 1

Hero armor shop (you can buy armors for hero)

option 2

Hero weapon shop

option 3

Hero spell shop

Anyway, make more choices for towers and a little more tower levels please. Anyway a hero would be great. A little hero like a paladin ;) the hero should have stat points and what you upgrade at tower panel should affect hero too.
User

by Earendel » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:00 pm

I made a diagram to make the tower advancement idea a bit clearer.
At level 3 you have two upgrade choices, this choice determines the options that you have when upgrading the tower to level 5.

In terms of game balancing, making explosive damage different from both normal and magical damage is a key step. It enables you to create enemies resistant to explosive and magic damage which would greatly increase the importance of arrow towers.
User

by Barrotes » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:10 pm

O.o Nice Art Work Earendel
I'm a Donkey, what's your excuse ?
User

by SoulSeeker » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:41 pm

I like the ideas you've got. (Sadly, I'm not one for survival modes.)
However, you must think of how this would implement into the game.
It seems no one is stressing on the factor of costs/gold.
Also, a vast increase in spells would lead to a much greater upgrade tree/more costly stars. (Not a fan of alot of work either.)
User

by Gheata » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:28 pm

Great art! But we need other final towers. We should have level 6 towers too and some new level 1 towers. In kingdom rush 2 player could be with orcs/goblins/wiches/dark shadows. His mission would be to conquer what he'vd lost using the scepter of his master that fallen in battle.

Who's with me?
User

by GONZASAN » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Those are some awesome concepts you got there Earendel! The acid and flame towers are incredible! Rest for sure we will have all this in consideration for the expansion :)

Thank you all for taking the time to help us and for trying to make Kingdom Rush a better game :)
Ironhide Developer

by Earendel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:35 am

GONZASAN wrote:Those are some awesome concepts you got there Earendel! The acid and flame towers are incredible! Rest for sure we will have all this in consideration for the expansion :)

Thank you all for taking the time to help us and for trying to make Kingdom Rush a better game :)

Thanks GONZASAN, I really appreciate that. :D
User

by Ryuuken » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:19 am

I really enjoy these ideas, all except for 1.
Clicking on a tower and then an enemy to attack. That is something I can say I haven't seen done, but a simpler option to this, in my opinion, is:
Give Archer and Mage towers an icon that can be swapped through. Say 'prioritize armored, 'prioritize magic resist', 'prioritize low health', 'prioritize most health', etc.
Give Artillery towers a 'bombard area' thing, like the rally point, so if you really need it to focus in one spot, but its busy bombing unnecessary spots, you can say "Hey, stop that. Focus here."
Barracks should get something similar. I mean, they're main priority is to block waves, so I can't see them having a neat gimmick. Honestly, I think this is the only game I've seen have a Barracks tower, but I don't explore for a lot of TD games.
User

by Earendel » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:33 pm

Some spell ideas:

Blizzard: Like rain of fire, but less damage and slows affected enemies. Upgrades increase damage, freeze the ground, cause secondary ice chunks to fall.

Lightning bolt: strikes nearest unit to point clicked. Upgrade with chain lightning on each bolt, plus extra bolts at points across the map. (always hits a unit, erratic damage)

Acid storm: Makes an area damage enemies and slow movement. Upgrade increases the area, duration, slow percentage, damage, and secondary acid areas.

Beam of light: damages one unit be a small amount. Upgrade increases damage and decreases cooldown.

Summon Elemental: upgrade with increased damage, attack area, and armour.

Divine Intervention: Heals friendly soldier in a small area. Upgrade give affected units increased armour, regeneration, and melee area damage.

Pestilence: Infects a target unit. The unit takes damage over time for a fixed duration. Each second nearby unit have a small chance of catching the disease. Upgrade increases damage, duration, infection chance, and infection radius.

Bounty: Mark a unit for a short duration (0.5s). If the marked unit dies before the duration runs out then more gold is earned for killing the unit. Upgrades reduce cooldown, increase extra gold.
User

by kilele » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:05 pm

When some enemies reach the base, make them stay at the gate attacking it rather than going in and eating one life.
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by Earendel » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:18 am

kilele wrote:When some enemies reach the base, make them stay at the gate attacking it rather than going in and eating one life.

That's a good idea. It would mean that the damage that the enemy does in more important, especially for flying units. It would also mean that a monster at the end with full health is far more of a threat than one that's almost dead which would be a nice feature.

When enemies reach the base / gate they would bunch up and make artillery disproportionately powerful compared to other towers, however, if a single unit gets to the end you'd want to kill it as quickly as possible and single-target damage is better for that. I suppose if you did make sure that you've got artillery covering the base / gate then you're assuming that more than one enemy is likely to get to the end at the same time.

I still think arrow towers are a bit under powered.
User

by Gheata » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:03 am

The gates should be upgradeable too. From wooden gates to spiked stone gates.
User

by Earendel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Gheata wrote:The gates should be upgradeable too. From wooden gates to spiked stone gates.

Then Ironhide gates :)
User

by dimumurray » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:03 pm

With so many new board members chiming in on tower types and upgrades I figured it would be good to 'resurrect' Earendel's thread. Should serve as a solid basis for discussion. Especially given the cool designs Earendel created on page 1.
User

by PapaBedrock » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:10 pm

What about barracks that make flying creatures for us to use?
User

by PapaBedrock » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Oh and towards end game content perhaps make the battle last longer? So we have time to set up more barracks and get more things upgraded so we can watch more destruction go down
User

by Earendel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:32 pm

PapaBedrock wrote:What about barracks that make flying creatures for us to use?

Hey, that's a good idea. They could block flying creatures but not ground creatures. As an upgrade maybe they could drop things on ground units. For some reason I immediately think of the birdmen from Shining Force, but with javelins.
User

by dimumurray » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Earendel wrote:
PapaBedrock wrote:What about barracks that make flying creatures for us to use?

Hey, that's a good idea. They could block flying creatures but not ground creatures. As an upgrade maybe they could drop things on ground units. For some reason I immediately think of the birdmen from Shining Force, but with javelins.

I support this idea as well. Maybe we could have a Falconer type unit that trains birds. Or better yet a BeastMaster unit that can train birds, wargs and what not. Yeah, I could see a BeastMaster unit working quite well. The BeastMaster unit could even be an upgraded version of the Barbarian. Would love to see your take on the idea Earendel.
User

by dimumurray » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:26 pm

The Beastmaster summoning a flying unit as inspired by PapaBedrock's post.

I hope it inspires a new unit in a future sequel...
User

Next