Faves and hates

For the King!

Re: Faves and hates

by TheHallMonitor » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:57 am

silveroakelf wrote:Although i partly agree i did notice that you were using premium, although you may not notice it, but that third reinforcement makes a big difference, and with the spears upgrade you may have come to believe that the archer tower are
dispensable, so please consider the fact that some people dont or cant have premium.
Although Archer Tower are useless on rotten forest, which is the one place where your argument might be valid, but that is only because of the type of enemies you encounter.

(this is what silveroak said, in case anyone was wondering)

@PinchFire Well those are campaign missions... they don't really show anything. :P Not to mention enemies in Rotten Forest and Ruins of Acaroth have quite a bit of armor, making the using Archers in the first place less plausible.

Here are some reasons why Marksmen can be useful as well:

• Well for one they cost less.
  • Thorns are amazing, stopping everyone in range and deal quite a bit of damage (120) at max level. Against skeletons and other small enemies, this is amazing.
  • Musketeer can be incredibly useful with its extremely long range and the snipe ability. Snipe has a longer range and faster cooldown, which in my opinion makes it almost as useful as Death Ray.
  • Poison can be useful if you have one Ranger tower just spreading it amongst all enemies.
ded

by TheHallMonitor » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:05 am

spark123 wrote:But I'm sorry skeleton yards are still better.

So.. you asked a question just to say that only your choice is right, and nobody's else is?

...Okay.

What do you see dying more often, your soldiers, or enemies? That is why I'd prefer Swamp Pits.
ded

by spark123 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:18 am

TheHallMonitor wrote:
spark123 wrote:But I'm sorry skeleton yards are still better.

So.. you asked a question just to say that only your choice is right, and nobody's else is?

...Okay.

What do you see dying more often, your soldiers, or enemies? That is why I'd prefer Swamp Pits.

Okay that wasn't the point of the topic. I just wanted people's opinions and thoughts. My choice is not the right one, but it is my one and I want other people's thoughts. They both have their merits and demerits, but I think my defence strategy would cope best against skeleton yards

100th post!!!!!!!!!!
Soccer is awesome, so is KR
User

by Cool » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:21 pm

I almost beat ruins of Acaroth with only Archers Towers (19th wave are record), the biggest problem for Archers are Armored enemies (in this stage that's Orcs Champions). I hopefully that's crossbowmans can piercing armor at KR2. And we need enemies with Artillery defense, cause it's OP.)
Pinchfire, dude, you think you pro? With Arcane wizards this lvls are too easy, try to do this with only Archers ;) That's the hardcore.

(Sry for my bad English)
User

by spark123 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:42 pm

Cool wrote:I almost beat ruins of Acaroth with only Archers Towers (19th wave are record), the biggest problem for Archers are Armored enemies (in this stage that's Orcs Champions). I hopefully that's crossbowmans can piercing armor at KR2. And we need enemies with Artillery defense, cause it's OP.)
Pinchfire, dude, you think you pro? With Arcane wizards this lvls are too easy, try to do this with only Archers ;) That's the hardcore.

(Sry for my bad English)

I'll try with only archers but I have beaten it with artillery and mages. Barracks would most likely be impossible though.
User

by Pinchfire » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Cool wrote:I almost beat ruins of Acaroth with only Archers Towers (19th wave are record), the biggest problem for Archers are Armored enemies (in this stage that's Orcs Champions). I hopefully that's crossbowmans can piercing armor at KR2. And we need enemies with Artillery defense, cause it's OP.)

(Sry for my bad English)

Tried it. Reached 19 as well. Nothing special. But in the end the big green monsters are simply too much... I don't like making challenges. The game is as it is. Archer towers are weak. Trying to beat certain levels without using magic towers is like playing with handicap and then bragging about it. It's just retarded. I don't want to be a part of this. I'm just saying there has to be an upgrade that makes archer towers effective against high armor units...
User

by Arcanereality22 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:53 pm

spark123 wrote:
TheHallMonitor wrote:Favorite tower for me would be the Barbarian Hall, can't decide on a least favorite, they're all so awesome...

Favorite enemy would be Vez'nan, he was a blast to face. Most hated enemy: Potatoes. Err, I mean Swamp Thing

For the last question I'd say Swamp Pits, there would be less of your units' deaths than enemy deaths.

Why do you all want swamp pits. I guess you could easily make the swamp thing endless loop. But I'm sorry skeleton yards are still better.

I agree. Skels are way better.

Better towers in my opinion are:
Archers: Rangers
Mages: Arc. Wizard
Artillery: Big Bertha
Barracks: Barbarians ( Throwing axes :D )

Favorite enemies: Goblins :lol:
Worst enemies: Son of sarelgaz, forest troll, husk and swamp things. (Potatoes.)
He's SOOO cute, right?
Please visit him!!!

I am the god of war! None shall defy me!
User

by Arcanereality22 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Pinchfire wrote:

(Sry for my bad English)

Tried it. Reached 19 as well. Nothing special. But in the end the big green monsters are simply too much... I don't like making challenges. The game is as it is. Archer towers are weak. Trying to beat certain levels without using magic towers is like playing with handicap and then bragging about it. It's just retarded. I don't want to be a part of this. I'm just saying there has to be an upgrade that makes archer towers effective against high armor units...

Piercing armor.
He's SOOO cute, right?
Please visit him!!!

I am the god of war! None shall defy me!
User

by spark123 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:38 am

Piercing armor shots only go through a portion of the enemies armor
User

by silveroakelf » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Doesnt Poison ignores armour?
The tribe has spoken, mon!
Quake and bake!
Time for target practice...
On the trail!
User

by TheHallMonitor » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:35 pm

silveroakelf wrote:Doesnt Poison ignores armour?

Yes, it does. Same with Thorns (?), Holy Strike, and that one AoE ability the Tesla has (I think).
ded

by spark123 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:59 am

TheHallMonitor wrote:
silveroakelf wrote:Doesnt Poison ignores armour?

Yes, it does. Same with Thorns (?), Holy Strike, and that one AoE ability the Tesla has (I think).

Are you sure holy strike does?
User

by silveroakelf » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:01 am

Does holy strike deal magic damage?
The tribe has spoken, mon!
Quake and bake!
Time for target practice...
On the trail!
User

by spark123 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:10 am

silveroakelf wrote:Does holy strike deal magic damage?

No I don't think it does. The only non magical tower/ infantry thing to have magic damage is Magnus the hero
User

by Julian » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:37 am

Holy strike doesn't deal 'magic' damage, it deals 'true damage', meaning it ignores both
armor and magic resistance (and that's exactly what TheHallMonitor was talking about ^^)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by spark123 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:03 pm

Julian wrote:Holy strike doesn't deal 'magic' damage, it deals 'true damage', meaning it ignores both
armor and magic resistance (and that's exactly what TheHallMonitor was talking about ^^)

Oh :oops:
User

by ljvnl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:50 pm

A lot of times I use a combination of the Rangers Hideout and paladins with Holy Strike. Exactly for the that reasons above.
Poison dmg and Holy Strike pierce every kind of armor. And the combination of thorns and self healing paladins make and almost impenetrable wall for enemies :).

Necromancers i dont like, because the make the screen look so messy. Although they are fun watch at the other hand. Husks are almost not noticeable enemies. Slow and sturdy. I most like the worg rider. They are funny and quick and the fact that you need to kill them twice is a nice add to the gameplay :)
User

by Yoppyx » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:37 am

I think barbarians are the best melle due to there axe throw. I use musketeers least and big berthas the most.
The Buff Elemental!

User

by spark123 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 am

Yoppyx wrote:I think barbarians are the best melle due to there axe throw. I use musketeers least and big berthas the most.

I love big berthas. Worg riders are really awesome
User

by Pinchfire » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Cool wrote:Pinchfire, dude, you think you pro? With Arcane wizards this lvls are too easy, try to do this with only Archers ;) That's the hardcore.

(Sry for my bad English)

I'm pretty sure the level (Normal) is impossible if using only Ranger's Hideout (without selling any towers during the game).
User

PreviousNext