What games do we expect from Ironhide in the future?

Talk about anything game related!

Re: What games do we expect from Ironhide in the future?

by Sharpbro7 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:25 pm

Quest wrote:
Sharpbro7 wrote:i know someone already asked this, but i just finished Kingdom Rush and it was AMAZING! i noticed at the end it said, to be continued... And i was hoping that there really WOULD BE a sequel to this awesome game, and by the way, i hope everyone at Ironhide is working real hard on the next game:3

hmm i think u have not discovered the kingdom rush forums yet...
click here http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=5

oh lol i do know about the forum, but i was just hoping there would be a Kingdom Rush: cryptic shadows or something :3
User

by Quest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:54 am

Vanzen wrote:[*] Are you going to make a sequel of Kingdom Rush?
Yes, we are already working on it.

[*]Is the sequel going to be an update for Kingdom Rush or an entirely new name like Kingdom Rush:Attack of zombies?
The expansion will be a stand alone game with a new name like for example KR:Attack of the Zombies but different.

[*]How will the sequel be called?
We haven't decided on a name yet, but it will not be called Kingdom Rush 2.

[*]Will the sequel be free to play?
Yes, you will be able to play it for free at ArmorGames.

[*]When will the sequel be released?
We don't have a specific date yet.

[*]Will the sequel continue the story from KR?
Of course. It takes place some time after the events on KR

[*]What will be new on the sequel?
We can't give specifics yet but there will be new towers, enemies and stages of course.

maybe u missed the FAQ thread. it is here: http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=104
User

by Sharpbro7 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:53 am

lol yea i did, thanks for giving me the link :D
User

by Quest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:26 am

Sharpbro7 wrote:lol yea i did, thanks for giving me the link :D

no problemo man.
u can also give suggestions for the sequel at http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9
User

by Sharpbro7 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:46 pm

sweetness! thanks im gonna check it out now :lol:
User

by L0k1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:34 am

I would like to see new stuff, not KR related.
User

by Barrotes » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:52 am

** I would like to see a Artificial Intelligence ( AI ) simulator **

There are many projects out there about this, but nothing good.
Something like a set of small colored pixels( Or similar ), mixed together in different environments ( ice, oil, water, etc.. ), and that would "learn" by their own auto-reproduction, keeping past experiences in memory.

For example:
Red Pixel gets bitten by Blue Pixel.
Upon reproduction, the next generation would avoid Blue pixels.

Here, the player could add content to the world. If the player earns points, it can spend them in new "skills":

With Communication, Red Pixels could swarm and hunt Blue Pixels and so on...
With Growth, Red Pixels would not have to go out and hunt so much...
With Radiation, any Pixels biting the Red Pixels, would die...
With Motherhood, Red infant Pixels would not wounder too far from Mother Red Pixel...
With Cannibalism, well, you can figure this one out....
With Poison, Red Pixel improves hunting success by 50% while decreasing reproduction by 70%...

There would be other variables of course...genetic diseses ( Mutants, Zombies lol ), environmental events, plagues, other enemies, food shortages, etc...

What you think ? :lol:
I'm a Donkey, what's your excuse ?
User

by Julian » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:01 pm

That kinda sounds like a game I have in my mind for quite some time Barro ^.^
Would love to make it but I am by far not good enough in programming to do so yet... I am sure Ironhide can do it but I am not sure if enough people would like such a game to make it feasible. I would though =)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Vanzen » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Interesting concept Barrotes. Like an ant farm where you play god and see what the guys down there do. :)
Ironhide Developer

by Barrotes » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Vanzen wrote:Like an ant farm where you play god and see what the guys down there do.

I was thinking on describing it as:

SimAnt ( Maxis old classic ) + Osmos ( iOS ) + Pandemic 2 ( Java ) + Spore ( First Levels )

Sim Ant
Osmos
Pandemic 2
Spore

What a MASTERPIECE !!! *LOVE*
I'm a Donkey, what's your excuse ?
User

by UrielWebber » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Hi everybody!

I'm new here and found my way to this board through Kingdom Rush. Brilliant game, fun to play, and very addictive ^^
As for the "future games", when I saw this topic, I just had to post.
I've been thinking about various games, writing info down and working on designs, for quite a while now and I thought why not share some of these for exactly the reasons Caveman mentions in his posts. Maybe something I've worked on so far contains something that someone might like... Okay, chances are slim, but who knows XD
All of the names are "project"-titles, of course, I needed to name them somehow for the files not to get mixed up after all. Some might sound vague, but most are elaborated beyond what I write here, I just don't want to make a 100+ page post here.
In order of progress in my files so far:

Stargazers:
Earth , Venus and Mars have been devastated in the first Solar War, as consequence the humans and the other inhabitants of the system collaborate to get a Faster Than Light-drive working. The research center on the moon is attacked by unknown alien ships and delays the launch of the prototypes. The player's goal ultimately is exploring the galaxy, gathering resources, forging alliances and follow his/her mission to discover the intentions behind the attack on Luna Base.

The gameplay's focus is on Action (or turn based, depending on producibility) combined with exploring and resource management. RPG elements like experience and improving stats as well as multiple characters are included as well as different endings and an "infinite mode" which resembles a sandbox gameplay.

The story itself is spread over 3-4 parts describing the human's rise, peak, fall and return on the galactic scale.

Genesis:
The player wakes up in a cave, badly injured and without memory, before being found by some villagers and nursed back to health. During an attack by weird creatures the player defends the village and the grateful villagers from then on ask the player for help with all possible tasks. Eventually the player will find other villages, realising that the planet they're on is in a time-period which resembles the early middle-ages, but they cannot advance due to constant attacks by the monsters and abominations. At that point the player decides to help the world develope and advance, following missions and smaller tasks.

The gameplay would focus on simulation and partially action, in a god-sim and RPG-setting. The more the world advances, the more power the character gains, until eventually discovering the origin of the creatures to stop them once and for all.

The story itself developes over time as the character gains parts of their memory back, though no spoilers here in that regard, of course.

Shadow over Greenwood
You are a minion under an evil overlord that seeks to conquer the land in a fantasy-setting, gradually advancing, attacking and defending through the land. Raid villages, research spells and weapons, pillage strongholds and gain infamy as well as gold to improve your rank until you become the overlord's right hand... but why stop when you're already that powerful...?

The gameplay focuses on Tower Defense as well as reverse Tower Defense, depending on the mission the player accepts, either sending waves of various creatures against fortifications or defending against attackers. The gathered resources can be put into research and upgrades to improve the towers and creatures, additional optional missions unlock secret technologies or beasts.

There is not much story behind it, except flavor-texts during and in between the missions, describing the progress and developement of the panic that builds during the campaign.

Alternatively the opposite side, the "good" ones, could be played as well, with a similar style of gameplay.

Reclaimer
A spaceship crashlands on a colony, which was supposed to be investigated because there has been no messages from the installations for a while. The crew discovers that some alien organism seem to have taken over the base, while most colonists are infected and turned into mindless zombies. The crew scavenges for equipment and survivors, moving deeper into the colony, where they find out what exactly had happened before their arrival. At that point they need to decide what to do, fight the source of the infection, call for backup or just try to repair the ship and leave.

The gameplay is a mix of RPG-elements, Tower Defense and Simulation, the player has to scavenge buildings during the day in action-sequences or minigames, then set up the defenses for the base with the resources and in the long run look for new bases to establish, moving from the outer areas towards the centre of the colony, where the infection started. The crew and the survivors provide different skills to get access to specific upgrades or areas within the colony.

The story is more or less basic, with a slightly Lovecraftian touch, the ending depends on which way the crew takes and which choices are made.

Well, that's some ideas... not sure if anyone of you likes any of those, ... or even reads through all of them XD
If there are any questions, feel free to ask. Like I said, they're more elaborate than these short summaries.
User

by DragonKnight » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:05 pm

A pirate game i can think of is defend the fort
its in Linera(KRs takes place here)in the city of south port
Basicly south port is being radied by pirates, goblins, orcs all thoses things from sea and they land on the dock
Basicly KR with a sea setting with spells like wirlpool and ice or tusnami and hurricane(possibly lightning) sea towers like dwafs replaced with cannons, Archers the same but more musketeerish, Barracks at first is phesants then Naval Guys like from Pirates of the carribean then finall up grades are like Marrines and Hired guns, mages would be the same but more of them, reinforcement could be in the water in boats to raid passing ships or be on the dock, and defence ships with raiding parties will be useable. finally after a few attacks you set a campain against the raiders and go allong the coast to Varlandull and past it to parts unknown and defeat a empire that came from the remains of Var`zens forces.
(vanzen^?)
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:49 pm

UrielWebber wrote:Shadow over Greenwood
You are a minion under an evil overlord that seeks to conquer the land in a fantasy-setting, gradually advancing, attacking and defending through the land. Raid villages, research spells and weapons, pillage strongholds and gain infamy as well as gold to improve your rank until you become the overlord's right hand... but why stop when you're already that powerful...?

The gameplay focuses on Tower Defense as well as reverse Tower Defense, depending on the mission the player accepts, either sending waves of various creatures against fortifications or defending against attackers. The gathered resources can be put into research and upgrades to improve the towers and creatures, additional optional missions unlock secret technologies or beasts.

There is not much story behind it, except flavor-texts during and in between the missions, describing the progress and developement of the panic that builds during the campaign.

Alternatively the opposite side, the "good" ones, could be played as well, with a similar style of gameplay.

Sounds like Vilainous.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:52 pm

DragonKnight wrote:A pirate game i can think of is defend the fort
its in Linera(KRs takes place here)in the city of south port
Basicly south port is being radied by pirates, goblins, orcs all thoses things from sea and they land on the dock
Basicly KR with a sea setting with spells like wirlpool and ice or tusnami and hurricane(possibly lightning) sea towers like dwafs replaced with cannons, Archers the same but more musketeerish, Barracks at first is phesants then Naval Guys like from Pirates of the carribean then finall up grades are like Marrines and Hired guns, mages would be the same but more of them, reinforcement could be in the water in boats to raid passing ships or be on the dock, and defence ships with raiding parties will be useable. finally after a few attacks you set a campain against the raiders and go allong the coast to Varlandull and past it to parts unknown and defeat a empire that came from the remains of Var`zens forces.
(vanzen^?)

So instead of advancing north and east to the Rift of Cinders, you would advance southward from southport? Would you eventually get to a different country or continent?
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by DragonKnight » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:09 pm

yes somewhere in that area
User

by Epicazeroth » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:08 am

DragonKnight wrote:yes somewhere in that area

What area; ii didn't specify one.
Image Image
User

by DragonKnight » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:22 am

not on the map of linera south east of it
User

by mobidangel » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:08 am

Julian wrote:A RPG would be great :D

i think same :o
User

by Quest » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:50 am

i think anything with a talent tree and an intricate map and made by ironhide will be a hit!
User

by Deuce3 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:56 am

For the record, I'm thoroughly sick of tower defense games, but this one just oozes charm, seems to have just the right mix of variety, and is thoroughly fun to play. Recommended.
User

PreviousNext