FAQ: Kingdom Rush Development

For the King!

Re: FAQ: Kingdom Rush Development

by Epicazeroth » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:53 pm

Landbark wrote:Quick something, don't know where to post it or If was it ever said but today I played KR on the map Icewind Pass. I clicked on the ice cave of and see that name sasquatch is written without capital letter. Shouldn't it be with capital? Like Brigand or Dark knight.

Is it really that important?
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by Julian » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:31 am

Landbark wrote:Quick something, don't know where to post it or If was it ever said but today I played KR on the map Icewind Pass. I clicked on the ice cave of and see that name sasquatch is written without capital letter. Shouldn't it be with capital? Like Brigand or Dark knight.

It should be with a capital, it totally should.
If you buy Sasquatch its name is written with a capital letter,
like every monster's name or special ability starts with a capital letter :D
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by pridtenpe » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:27 am

Thanks very much for your great knowledge.
User

by deti » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Your still using all the graphics from Kingdom Rush so I'm guessing the second should take less time to make? By the way.. how's everything going at the moment?
User

by Vanzen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:27 am

Yes it will take less time, but we are also doing a whole new set of art since we will add a lot new enemies , a few new towers and of course new terrains, stages, boss fights, specials, easter eggs, etc. :)
Ironhide Developer

by mikeleus » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:20 am

Vanzen wrote:Yes it will take less time, but we are also doing a whole new set of art since we will add a lot new enemies , a few new towers and of course new terrains, stages, boss fights, specials, easter eggs, etc. :)

this is the third game i am waiting for more than christmas, after starcraft 2 and portal 2 :D
Mejor morir de pie, que vivir toda una vida arrodillados.
User

by Neriandal » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:29 pm

mikeleus wrote:
Vanzen wrote:Yes it will take less time, but we are also doing a whole new set of art since we will add a lot new enemies , a few new towers and of course new terrains, stages, boss fights, specials, easter eggs, etc. :)

this is the third game i am waiting for more than christmas, after starcraft 2 and portal 2 :D

Guildwars 2 and Kingdom Rush 2 is my cuppa tea ;)

As to the new towers though... are they in addition to the ones we currently love to play?
User

by Julian » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Neriandal wrote:
mikeleus wrote:

Guildwars 2 and Kingdom Rush 2 is my cuppa tea ;)

As to the new towers though... are they in addition to the ones we currently love to play?

Arche Age > Guild wars 2 :D
And the new towers will be new advanced towers. So in the sequel the level 3 barracks can become a holy order, a barbarian mead hall or something else (something with assasins in this case). Same goes for archers, mages and dwarves... so, yes ^^
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Dacamster » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:38 am

Hey ironhide :) i trust you guys to do your best with he sequel, i have a few ideas but its getting late so i'll post them in the other section tomorrow. Anyway about the development i have one request, when its release date has been decided please email all members of this page (or at least me) so that i can play it ASAP :)
User

by bigbrutha » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Can you please give us a date to when the Kingdom Rush sequel is coming...
User

by bigbrutha » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:02 pm

I'm starting to get bored and a little blue :roll:
User

by dimumurray » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:58 pm

bigbrutha wrote:I'm starting to get bored and a little blue :roll:

You can't rush genius. When the devs feel development is at a point where they can give us a date they'll let us know. Remember "Good things come to those who wait". In the meantime, you can play any of a number of custom challenges provided by the community. If that's not enough there is another extremely promising TD game coming out Nov 14th called Bloom Defender by Juicy Beast. That should tide you over till the release of the KR sequel.
User

by Elementalwiz » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:56 pm

So its not gonna be called kingdom rush 2??? hmmm i kinda already figured that one out! :P
Btw your guys walk throughs are amazing! I couldn't have beaten it without it! I'm such a sore loser lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm a elemental wiz! fear me!
User

by danray » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:51 am

Will you devs be considering any more guys who walk on to the path?
Another elemental or something?
I had an idea that maybe the new advanced tower for the mage could have special ability called living frost.
Temporarily creates two living frost that don't do much damage, but slow down the enemy, and are practicably invincible.
They would melt so quickly they would be more of an attack than a pet. Also instead of picking one enemy and attacking it till it dies, they (being practicably invincible) would attack any enemy that was not yet attacked. Further more when the ability is upgraded maybe the living frost, at near death from melting or loss of health, would act like a demon only explode with ice, snow, what ever to greatly damage the enemies around it.
User

by bigbrutha » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:52 pm

I've got an idea for KR2. A barracks which makes a scientist/technomancer which could make designs which help him overcome enemies e.g a rusty knight which is a design which can attack multiple enemies at once and also chip off bits of its armour and chuck them at enemies

Has a Tesla coil strapped to back which works in same way as tower, only weaker. Also has a Halberd

Abilities
Upgrade Tools-allows you to make better designs
System Update-equips him with better weapons-lv 1 Tesla coil to acid shooter-lv2halberd to techtana{tech katana}-acid shooter to machine pelleter and techtana to mech suit-allows him to stomp and make designs faster
Bluprint Overload-adds a spell which makes 5 lv3 designs go to a spot on the battlefield and help-like call reinforcements

Ps ive done it twice havent i oh well
Last edited by bigbrutha on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by bigbrutha » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:52 pm

I've got an idea for KR2. A barracks which makes a scientist/technomancer which could make designs which help him overcome enemies e.g a rusty knight which is a design which can attack multiple enemies at once and also chip off bits of its armour and chuck them at enemies

Has a Tesla coil strapped to back which works in same way as tower, only weaker. Also has a Halberd

Abilities
Upgrade Tools-allows you to make better designs
System Update-equips him with better weapons-lv 1 Tesla coil to acid shooter-lv2halberd to techtana{tech katana}-acid shooter to machine pelleter and techtana to mech suit-allows him to stomp and make designs faster
Bluprint Overload-adds a spell which makes 5 lv3 designs go to a spot on the battlefield and help-like call reinforcements
User

by Epicazeroth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Put this on the suggestions topic.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by Ateeq911 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 pm

I'll keep it simple.

The Cannon tower needs to be a lot better for the amount it costs, and its' ability to kill isn't that great in the later stages. I'd say a revamp in its stats would be greatly appreciated, nothing huge, just something to put it on par with the other towers :).
User

by Epicazeroth » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:33 am

@ateeq911 I disagree the third and final levels are great, but the 1st and 2nd need improvement.
Image Image
User

by Eric » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:41 am

Epicazeroth wrote:@ateeq911 I disagree the third and final levels are great, but the 1st and 2nd need improvement.

I disagree that you disagree. Kidding. But seriously, I think the first two levels were fine. It teaches the beginners the basics of the game. And the second level allows them to experiment with different tactics. As for the road layout, I don't really give a flying fig about it.
User

PreviousNext