Suggestions!

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Suggestions!

by Vanzen » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Hello there, If you have any suggestions you would like to see on Kingdom Rush or the Kingdom Rush sequel. You can post here or if you want your own topic, make one with "SUGGESTION" as prefix. :)

Cheers!
Ironhide Developer

Re: Suggestions!

by Luxsum » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Oops! I didn't see this when I posted my list. But it has the word suggestion in it at least.
`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·
baah.... baah... baah... baah... baah... *squick*
User

by Vanzen » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:23 pm

:) No problem, as long as we can identify which topics are suggestions its fine :)
Ironhide Developer

by Landbark » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:35 pm

I have a full bucket of suggestions or rather... ideas :D.
Here goes absolutely nothing.

3 Main

A) Most pressing issue, some side mission with unlimited wave system. I felt that game was lacking those. With full upgrades and nothing to do, it would very challenging. Mission in KRush limited my imagination and forced me to reinforce certain paths to block them from certain waves of enemies / Of course that would complicate game in about 100+10 % but still :)

B) Class system! Choose between warrior, mage or hunter at the beginning of the game. Classes have the same skills to learn at the start but later they can access different advanced skills (like spike armour or slow). Going ever further, later in the game advance your class: Warrior to mercenary or paladin, mage to wizard or sorcerer and hunter to adventurer or avenger. With ther own unique skills or tower upgrades. / Another suggestion that complicate production of game ;)

C) Alliance, insted of having in one mission elves in other imperial guards it would be fun to have alliance with certain factions. The limit would be one or two for each savegame slot. But then, you could use them in every mission that awaits you. Combine it with class system and you will gain help as you progress. Hunter will gain elves and paladin will have imperial guard / That will complicate the game the most :)

Some small suggestions:
- Story mode with cutscenes or wall of text. More of the plot.
- More towers and upgrades or less towers, your choice. :)
- Special enviroment, like battle on the lake where enemy use boats or in the sky where you will meet flyers only.

That's all for now :) More will come later, I think.
User

by Luxsum » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:40 pm

This was mentioned by someone else, but I just want to add how much I like how many of the scenarios had something unique about it. For example, in one we could release a Yeti, in another we could build a Sun Ray. I loved that stuff! It had me looking around for something unique in every scenario and made me eager to get on to the next level so I could see what was special about it. So definitely keep adding in more of those kinds of things.
User

by FlashMush » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:39 pm

Going off of both LandBark and Luxsum. I loved the environmental factors such as the Yeti release, sun ray, etc. And think that having more of those and more options to them will be great. As for LandBark's suggestions love all of his. An endless mode would greatly increase the replay value with just having that option in general. More storyline would always be great to add more depth into any game and especially a game of this caliber. As for his suggested class systems and alliance systems, I like the premises of them and if implemented in a balanced way I think that could further add an element to the TD genre as a whole and further make Kingdom Rush a standout and visionary in the flash game TD genre.
User

by Palon » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:22 am

Dear Lords of Ironhide,

I bow my head before You and hereby propose some ideas:

1. Change of difficulty choosing rules and adding HARD option.

Chosen difficulty lvl should be locked from the very beginning when making a profile - thus the following rules can be implemented. Difficulty should also affect the standard mode in a way that makes it almost impossible for a person that
did not complete the game at least once on other modes to complete it at hard mode.

Easy - completing maps does not allow You to gain acces to heroic and iron mode, maps are easy enough to not need the additional stars from the mentioned modes.

Normal - just as it is atm except its not possible to get stars from easy lvl and than use them on other difficulty.

Hard - in this mode You can only advance to another map if You got at least 3 out of 5 total possible stars for the current map. Geting 2 starts unlocks heroic/iron modes.

2. It did not escape my attention that flying units have a useless attack stat even tough they cannot possibly use it. Either remove this stat or make use of it. IMO:

a) flying units should not follow the same path as ground units (altough i realise that implementing this would be a HUGE change to the way the game works atm)
b) if flyers have att stat, they could:
-either bomb ground troops at short distance so that it would be possible for ground troops to run from the bomb path with use of rally point. For eg. gobblin zeppelin.
- support ground troops with melle attack if there are any ground troops to support (soldiers wouldn't be able to retaliate)- if not, than just fly along.
c) also there could be a special species of flyers that instead of going for the destination point, targets towers (snare or somthin) or soldiers.

3. There should be a reward for compleeting the game in all the modes - eg. a bonus lvl. I also believe its a great idea (+1 to Luxsum) to add a secret clickable lvl on the map - maybe not just one click, but few things in right order (like a puzzle).

4. Choke+soldiers+artillery is a bit too universal solution - might be a good idea to nerf this a bit in some way. Maybe with adding more shooters to combo with melle units or the mentioned attacking flyers. Also i think that flyers should not take dmg from basic artillery attacks.

5. Tesla is too useless compared to big bertha - even tough tesla's regular attack can hit air units.

6. Add siege engines that attack towers - damaged towers could either be:
- repairable by money
- repairable by clicking as it is with boss fights
- repairable by a spell or non-fighting builder unit reinforcements (so that the tower would be difficult to repair if
enemy units are near).

This would also force even more tactical use of reinforcements units.

Hope my humble writings can be of any use to You :)
User

by lovepatels » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:43 am

Alright simple things that make this tower defense AWSOME :D like the barracks feature voice overs for dwarves. Also units or abilities u can buy like elves, giant furry things etc.: cool interactive feature with the map in sequel there should be more.

SUGGESTIONS:
1# Needs atleast 26-30 levels in the new one which also mean alot more upgrade but the game went by tooo fast
2# more monsters well ya
3# A new spell along with rain of fire and reinforcement something in terms like arrow rain cool down 35 sec. bunch of arrows come flying out of nowhere does less damage to armor
4# More upgrades for example rain of fire could have a huge meteor upgrade instead of 5 or like +1 troop to reinforcement count so make 3 total
5# some thing more challenging than iron difficulty something more difficult
6# stronger bosses i think the hardest boss was J.T.
7# new tower types like one based on long range extreme
8# The branching ability which is where its like u choose from Barbarian or paladins from barracks there should be more choice which would make the game more in depth
9# different mission scenarios for example u have to hold the line for # of minutes till help arrives that mixes up the game play a bit
10# Upgrade that increase the amount of people a barrack can give or increase their damage because enemy can deliver huge amount of damage easily which make the barrack hold of less enemies

I HOPE the squeal will be well known and everybody plays it Go ironhide studios and their members make kingdom rush 2 Epic beyond all tower defence games. i think i wrote alot well good luck from A Patel. EVERYONE BOW TO THE KING.

PS: i hate dark slayers
User

by Andrastos » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:55 am

Here some suggestions for updates^^
.) add a "fast-forward-button",
it could make the game much more enjoyable ^^ particulary in the first levels, where not much is to do.

.) more reinforcements.
two soldiers are not much and too few in the later levels. Maybe ypu could add an additional soldier with one of the upgrades, like the "legionnaires" or the "warriors"

.) saily age
the upgrade "saily age", for marksman towers is useless in my opinion. I doubt someone would really sell such a tower cause they're are very important, especially when upgraded to "Rangers Hideout".

.) equal costs
the towers should have equally costs or at least nearls equally costs. I think it's impossible to say this one is better so it needs more gold to be built, every tower has it's unique strenghs and weaknesses which has to be calculated for the strategy.

.) more stars.
The stars are indeed very important for advancing, but the bonus levels can become very tiresome.

.) magical-area-of-effect.
There should be some kind of AOE-Damage for mage towers. I noticed that in the later levels there are many armored enemies that could be better dealt with, when one of the mage towers (maybe the sorcerer mage tower). Or the tesla tower could make a little magical damage (would fit for the electrical damage).

.) endless wave mode.
That would be really funny i think :) it could be added after finishing the game, with every level and the maximum level avaiable for every level ^^

here some ideas for the expansion :)

.) Heroes
That would be a cool new feature i think :) heroes that can be placed on the paths like the reinforcements with upgradeable abilities. if they die, they respawn after a period of time.

.) super-level
A new level for every tower would be, in my opinion an appropiate upgrade for an expansion pack. This new level should increase damage and/or range and could ulock one new ability for every new tower.
my ideas for this new abilities ^^
rangers hideout: elvish eagle
an eagle with an ralley-point works as a soldier for flying units, blocking them in their way. (upgrades could add more eagles)
musketeer tower:blindinggrenades
throwing area damaging grenades in a very short range that reduces the magical armor of enemies
holy order: barrier
paladins can summon a barrier that prevents enemies from advancing and protects them from damage.
barbarian hall: revenge
when a barbarian is killed, the remaining barbarians getting increased attack speed
arcane wizard: pest
an enemy is enchantet with a curse that reduces it's lifepoints continuous for a long period of time (maybe it could spread on nearby enemies). Pest adds with poison
sorcerer mage: meteor
casts one meteor (like one in the meteor storm spell) in a wide range.
500mm big bertha: nuke
i know, it's obvious ^^ big bertha fires a nuke on the battlefield with big and wide area damage.
teslax104: lightning strike
calls a bolt of lightning on the battlefield whic does damage and a little area damage.

.) money maker tower
a new kind of tower that's only purpose is to create money over time.

these are my ideas for the game and the expansion :)

i want to express a big praise for your idea to add repairable buildings and the extras like the sasquash ^^
these are really really great ideas :D
User

by Cazador » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:02 am

Andrastos wrote:Here some suggestions for updates^^
.) add a "fast-forward-button",
it could make the game much more enjoyable ^^ particulary in the first levels, where not much is to do.

.) more reinforcements.
two soldiers are not much and too few in the later levels. Maybe ypu could add an additional soldier with one of the upgrades, like the "legionnaires" or the "warriors"

.) saily age
the upgrade "saily age", for marksman towers is useless in my opinion. I doubt someone would really sell such a tower cause they're are very important, especially when upgraded to "Rangers Hideout".

.) equal costs
the towers should have equally costs or at least nearls equally costs. I think it's impossible to say this one is better so it needs more gold to be built, every tower has it's unique strenghs and weaknesses which has to be calculated for the strategy.

.) more stars.
The stars are indeed very important for advancing, but the bonus levels can become very tiresome.

.) magical-area-of-effect.
There should be some kind of AOE-Damage for mage towers. I noticed that in the later levels there are many armored enemies that could be better dealt with, when one of the mage towers (maybe the sorcerer mage tower). Or the tesla tower could make a little magical damage (would fit for the electrical damage).

.) endless wave mode.
That would be really funny i think :) it could be added after finishing the game, with every level and the maximum level avaiable for every level ^^

here some ideas for the expansion :)

.) Heroes
That would be a cool new feature i think :) heroes that can be placed on the paths like the reinforcements with upgradeable abilities. if they die, they respawn after a period of time.

.) super-level
A new level for every tower would be, in my opinion an appropiate upgrade for an expansion pack. This new level should increase damage and/or range and could ulock one new ability for every new tower.
my ideas for this new abilities ^^
rangers hideout: elvish eagle
an eagle with an ralley-point works as a soldier for flying units, blocking them in their way. (upgrades could add more eagles)
musketeer tower:blindinggrenades
throwing area damaging grenades in a very short range that reduces the magical armor of enemies
holy order: barrier
paladins can summon a barrier that prevents enemies from advancing and protects them from damage.
barbarian hall: revenge
when a barbarian is killed, the remaining barbarians getting increased attack speed
arcane wizard: pest
an enemy is enchantet with a curse that reduces it's lifepoints continuous for a long period of time (maybe it could spread on nearby enemies). Pest adds with poison
sorcerer mage: meteor
casts one meteor (like one in the meteor storm spell) in a wide range.
500mm big bertha: nuke
i know, it's obvious ^^ big bertha fires a nuke on the battlefield with big and wide area damage.
teslax104: lightning strike
calls a bolt of lightning on the battlefield whic does damage and a little area damage.

.) money maker tower
a new kind of tower that's only purpose is to create money over time.

these are my ideas for the game and the expansion :)

i want to express a big praise for your idea to add repairable buildings and the extras like the sasquash ^^
these are really really great ideas :D

it's "Salvage" not "Saily age" :P :P
User

by Barrotes » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:16 am

Hi there Forum.

This game rocks!
My suggestion is to take the next step and submit the game to the App Store for Apple's iDevices
( iPad, iPhone, iTouch ).
I'm pretty sure it's a major hit!

Thank you IRONHIDE !
I'm a Donkey, what's your excuse ?
User

by Cazador » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:53 pm

Simple Suggestion:
-Kingdom Rush on Facebook :D
User

by Luxsum » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Cazador wrote:Simple Suggestion:
-Kingdom Rush on Facebook :D

Just my 2c on this... I think FB requires games to be social though. I would be sad if I had to get help from friends in order to progress in the game. What I like about Kingdom Rush is it's something I can do on my own skill/time without having to enroll a friend or buy an upgrade with RL money. But I would love to be able to somehow share my achievements and bragging rights with my FB friends.
User

by farisonja11 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:34 pm

my suggestions are:
must have more flying creatures(like gryphon,hippogrrif)
more monsters (cyclop)
Hope my humble writings can be of any use to You :)
User

by karl0017 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:54 pm

Classes: {Church Lvl 1-3[Healers summoned 2](Command Range-Great)}-----------------------------[Cathedral]{Arch Bishops}|[Purgatory]{Disciples}
Skills: [Heals for 25-50]-------{[MASSIVE HEAL](Heals massive targets, lasts*10,range-low)/[Blessing](Increases Armor & Attack Speed)} | {[Heaven strike](Calls upon Guardian Angel, lasts*3 cool-down *15)/[Faith](+regeneration) }

Seconds = *

Also add Ninja class
^_^ for Epicness.!!

Wish I Was of Help..
User

by ThreatOrMenace » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:32 pm

My suggestions:

- Add an AoE magic damage tower(as others have said).
- Balance out/improve Musketeer tower -- it just doesn't seem to be as effective as the Ranger Hideout at killing enemies overall.
- Balance out/improve Tesla tower -- it doesn't seem to be as effective as the Big Bertha cannon at killing enemies overall.
- The Sasquatch from the ice cave is too expensive; if he's going to cost 500 gold, he needs to either be able to heal himself or be tougher in general. Or bring his price down dramatically.
- More level-specific help like the Sasquatch, Elven troopers, or the Sunray. Love those touches.
- Sheep should run slower; I hesitate the use the sheep power at all, as they seem to slip through to the end zone too often on account of not being blockable.
- I'm thinking that level 1 and 2 soldier towers might need to be a little tougher; enemies chew through them like tissue paper. Once you're up to level 3 and especially once you get Paladins/Barbarians, they're fine, but the early levels seem too weak.

Thanks again for the great game!
Geek reviews and editorials at http://www.threatormenace.com!
User

by mrmaxmrmax » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:47 pm

I'm a big fan of reusing assets in different ways, so I have this suggestion for you: why not make a different genre of game? What if the Kingdom decides to strike back and instead of having a tower defense game you are trying to overrun the lands of some other threat. Wading through the enemy's towers to attack would make for an interesting change.

It could also lead to a two player mode in which each player controls tower building and sending waves to try and control a central location for a certain amount of time. You could stretch it to four players as well, with one person controlling the waves and one person controlling the towers.

Branching one-way paths along the lines of Tactics Ogre's story with real consequences could draw in more replayability. Imagine choosing dwarves over elves as allies early on, resulting in elves being eliminated as a choice later on. Or, if you choose elves, perhaps a certain scenario doesn't happen any more.

If you are hurting for inspiration on an endless mode, I highly recommend the 'traits' and 'races' random combinations idea from the board game Small World (http://www.daysofwonder.com/smallworld/en/). The idea is that races have certain built in abilities (Orcs get a bonus when attacking troops, Skeletons grow in number as they kill troops) and the traits further customize what threat they may be (Commando take over territory easier, Mounted might move faster, Forest might give bonuses in forested parts of the walkway).

The end result is that you will face off against mounted Orcs differently than you would commando Orcs or Forest orcs. The rules are available around that web site and the game is available for iPad or at your Friendly Local Gaming Store (like mine).

I've never joined a forum to throw out suggestions before. Thanks for the great game!

Maxwell.
Manager Emeritus, Coliseum of Comics.
http://www.coliseumofcomics.com
User

by ThiagoEC » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Perhaps each skill open, when full upgraded, a unique hero/magic/global condition.

Unique towers/units on specific maps. Elvens-forest, dwarves-mountains.
User

by Landbark » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:26 pm

After playing few missions once again in KRush, I have another few things.

1) Targeting system, shooting towers(archer, mage and artillery)target enemy that is more near to the exit of the map. This system, while natural, is frustrating when it comes to upgrading towers and extending their range. Musketeer tower is the main subject here. It sometimes ruins strategy because certain tower damage enemy that's too far from the area that tower should protect. I think you should give a choice or option that will customize targeting (weakest enemy, closest to exit, closest to tower, strongest). That would increase the value of Tesla, musketeer or sorcerer mage.

2) Bonuses, instead of skills like cheaper mage towers or artillery. Player, after winning mission on heroic mode can get bonus: more money during mission start or certain type of tower cost less. This system can be turn into a item system, player choose two bonus giving items before mission and using them is important to win scenario.

3) Tower add ons, that could make game too easy but a something to further customise towers you deploy would be nice. These add ons are not upgrading towers itself but improve their general skills. Something like more rooms in barracks that will allow to deploy not 3 but 4 or 5 troopers. More magic crystals to increase damage of mage towers or higher platform in archer tower to increase their range. These add on can be added at any time and should be quite expensive.

----------------
And something else, I remember you said that you have ideas about KRush expansion or something. While all suggestions which are presented on the forum are cool and could improve gameplay. I feel they could conflict with your version of the expansion/second part. Can you give us news about it? Because that would give us chance to make suggestions more accurate.
User

by Metasheep » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:34 am

Disable build time and selling penalty before the starting the first wave. It sucks when you mess up during the initial tower setup and have to restart the level and go through all the pop ups again.
User

Next