Kingdom Rush MMO

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Kingdom Rush MMO

by Ravenzilla » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Alright so bare with me but what if you could explore the entire world of Liniera and HammerHold as a player like Runescape. It would be the size of runescape and you could go around killing the monsters of Liniera with hundreds of other players to keep the lands safe from Veznan. You could invade Orc camp of Acaroth with you fellow friends online. You could also Take on Veznan near the rift of Cinders. You could even venture off to Fontiers and fight by fellow Dwarfs in the Dark Decent. There is so much you can do in this world that there has to be an mmo about it. First you would choose a class Swordsman, Archer, Mage, or a Dwarf Cannon. Leveling up would be quite simple. After a dozen or so kills you buy, with gold you collected from killing enemies, a level up so instead of being a tier 1 archer, your a tier 2 archer. Idling towers is key to teamwork though. Say your an arcane Mage wandering through the mountains and SUPRISE a troll pack charges you. You know you can't fend off a whole pack of trolls by yourself so you build a tower of what your class is. Then two more arcane wizards come and help you fight them off. Of course you die because their trolls (and trolls are awesome) so you spawn at whichever castle you started out on (Linrea or HammerHold) at their one. Even the Devs can get in on the action. It wouldn't be kingdom rush without its heroes so how bout the Devs play as Hammerfury or cronan to help out. There's just so much you can do.

What do you think? :D
Amazing Avatar by RazorLeaf.
It's a brand new day, the sun is in the sky, all the ravens are singing, THAT UR GONNA DIE!
User

Re: Kingdom Rush MMO

by kevin32 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Though I like the layout and simplicity of KR as it is, I've always imagined it evolving into some 3D multiplayer experience.
User

Location: In Machu Picchu, communing with the gods of tower defense.

by Ravenzilla » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:16 pm

kevin32 wrote:Though I like the layout and simplicity of KR as it is, I've always imagined it evolving into some 3D multiplayer experience.

Maybe we can get some big company to help and make it like skyrim. :idea:
It's a brand new day, the sun is in the sky, all the ravens are singing, THAT UR GONNA DIE!
User

by kevin32 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:57 pm

Ravenzilla wrote:
kevin32 wrote:Maybe we can get some big company to help and make it like skyrim. :idea:

Given the right resources, there is one company that I think could actually make it that big. You might have heard of them. ;)
User

by kilele » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:19 pm

mmo like Lord of Ultima ?
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by Ravenzilla » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:32 am

I don't believe iv'e heard of that game. More like Runescape or WoW
User

by kilele » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:24 am

Actually I saw this is one of the mmo games that Botch likes, it is a fake 3d like KR so it would be easier to develop that visual style instead of the 3d ones that you mention.This game is more about building towns, armies.. with resource management, I think that Julian wanted to make something like this inspired on the rotten forest.
I may give a try to some of these free to play mmo in the near future.
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
User

by SgtPepper » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:32 pm

I don't think you quite realize it, but MMOs cost MILLIONS of dollars to make. But I don't explain it as well as these guys do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ56Kia8dTU
Add me on Steam- Sgt. Pepper/craig8461

I'm a huge TF2 player(2000 hours total), I main Medic, and I love to turn away from butt-plug Heavies.

I encourage watching Extra Creditz on YouTube, they do videos about game design and other stuff.
User

by Cheesecake » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:55 am

SgtPepper wrote:I don't think you quite realize it, but MMOs cost MILLIONS of dollars to make.

So unfortunately, an MMO Kingdom Rush would require Ironhide to be a big famous company that makes 50-60$ games like COD, Farcry, Battlefield, etcetera.
Well, maybe not that big(Jagex doesn't make 60$ games, does it?) but you get the point.
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.
If you don't know who that is, I'll kill you.
Indiana Jones hero made by RazorLeaf :D :D :D

by mastermoo123 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:25 am

Too expensive
ʊքօռ ȶɦɛ ʍօֆȶ ǟռƈɨɛռȶ օʄ քօաɛʀ
ɨ ɦօʟɖ ȶɦɛ ɨʍʍօʀȶǟʟ ɛռɛʀɢʏ
ɨ ֆʊʍʍօռ ȶɦɛ ɢօɖ օʄ ƈօաֆ
ǟռɖ ɮɛƈօʍɛ ɦɨʍ ʍʏֆɛʟʄ!
User

by Ravenzilla » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:25 am

I don't know I think Ironhide is pretty big but i get what you mean. Does anyone read game informer cause Frontiers was in a game informer magazine which is pretty huge.
User

by Cheesecake » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:47 am

Ravenzilla wrote:I don't know I think Ironhide is pretty big but i get what you mean. Does anyone read game informer cause Frontiers was in a game informer magazine which is pretty huge.

Ironhide is definitely 'famous' but they aren't rich. They have the players that would play the game, but they would need the money to make the game first, which is quite a tremendous task :?
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.

by kilele » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:16 am

so you all guys seem to know a big deal about game designing? :) what if they didn't make this 3d but on the same visual style of KR ? I guess it would require a big game designing effort (ehem Vanzen and Botch) and above all creating lots of graphic content, but who knows if they could make a funny and simpler game without investing all those fabulous fortune you mentioned.
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
User

by [Lzyleo] » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:38 am

kilele wrote:so you all guys seem to know a big deal about game designing? :) what if they didn't make this 3d but on the same visual style of KR ? I guess it would require a big game designing effort (ehem Vanzen and Botch) and above all creating lots of graphic content, but who knows if they could make a funny and simpler game without investing all those fabulous fortune you mentioned.

something like aq worlds?
User

by Cheesecake » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:54 pm

[Lzyleo] wrote:
kilele wrote:so you all guys seem to know a big deal about game designing? :) what if they didn't make this 3d but on the same visual style of KR ? I guess it would require a big game designing effort (ehem Vanzen and Botch) and above all creating lots of graphic content, but who knows if they could make a funny and simpler game without investing all those fabulous fortune you mentioned.

something like aq worlds?

We'll call it KR Worlds, or KRW for short. :D

by kevin32 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:44 pm

kilele wrote:what if they didn't make this 3d but on the same visual style of KR ?

I was thinking the same thing earlier today, and it would be an awesome idea. The market is saturated with "realistic" MMOs.
User

by SilasLock » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:26 pm

What if it was in the style of Dragonball Raging Blast? They're cell-shaded models in a game based on a show with 2D pictures, so the characters are 3D but appear 2D whichever way you look at them. This would allow the game to be 3D, but still maintain the original Kingdom Rush artstyle.
Last edited by SilasLock on Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have mad skills, but more mad than skills.
ImageImage
User

by Ravenzilla » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:20 am

That would work,but still a kingdom rush game just like oblivion or skyrim would be a best seller. Psst, just get behometh studios on the job.
User

by mastermoo123 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Ravenzilla wrote:That would work,but still a kingdom rush game just like oblivion or skyrim would be a best seller. Psst, just get behometh studios on the job.

I don't think you understand how EXPENSIVE open world games are
ʊքօռ ȶɦɛ ʍօֆȶ ǟռƈɨɛռȶ օʄ քօաɛʀ
ɨ ɦօʟɖ ȶɦɛ ɨʍʍօʀȶǟʟ ɛռɛʀɢʏ
ɨ ֆʊʍʍօռ ȶɦɛ ɢօɖ օʄ ƈօաֆ
ǟռɖ ɮɛƈօʍɛ ɦɨʍ ʍʏֆɛʟʄ!
User

by SilasLock » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:53 pm

mastermoo123 wrote:
Ravenzilla wrote:That would work,but still a kingdom rush game just like oblivion or skyrim would be a best seller. Psst, just get behometh studios on the job.

I don't think you understand how EXPENSIVE open world games are

Well, yeah, but we can still dream. :)
I have mad skills, but more mad than skills.
ImageImage
User

Next