KR 3 Paths Challenge

For the King!

KR 3 Paths Challenge

by Daver35 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi everybody. I'm relatively new on the forums, and this is the first challenge I make. Well, it's not really a challenge, it's more for fun, because some stages are impossible to beat (I think). This challenge consists on 3 paths, and the goal is to beat all the campaign levels you can (with 20 lives if possible) with each path. You must play on "Hard" difficulty and follow the rules for each path:

PATH OF THE SWORD: Barracks only, must use Gerald, no Premium content.

PATH OF THE BOW: Archer towers only, must use Alleria, no Premium content.

PATH OF THE HAMMER(AKA The easy way xD): Dwarven bombards only, must use Malik, no premium content.

Then post how many stages have you beat with each path.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REWARDS: If you complete a path, you can add one of these cool achievements to your signature:

Last edited by Daver35 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User

Re: KR 3 Paths Challenge

by SilasLock » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Not bad, Daver! I'm gonna try the path of the sword. :D
I have mad skills, but more mad than skills.
ImageImage
User

by Cheesecake » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:55 pm

YES I must try this.
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.
If you don't know who that is, I'll kill you.
Indiana Jones hero made by RazorLeaf :D :D :D

by Daver35 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:57 pm

SilasLock wrote:Not bad, Daver! I'm gonna try the path of the sword. :D

The Citadel is FUCKIN' AWESOME with that path, but I think that it's impossible to do perfect. I can defeat the Juggernaut with ease, but these garygoles are a P.I.T.A. (Pain In The Ass)
User

by Cheesecake » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Daver35 wrote:
SilasLock wrote:Not bad, Daver! I'm gonna try the path of the sword. :D

The Citadel is FUCKIN' AWESOME with that path, but I think that it's impossible to do perfect. I can defeat the Juggernaut with ease, but these garygoles are a P.I.T.A. (Pain In The Ass)

They must be annoying... could be hard to kill them if they appear before you can get some barbarian throwing axes.
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.

by SilasLock » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Daver35 wrote:The Citadel is FUCKIN' AWESOME with that path, but I think that it's impossible to do perfect. I can defeat the Juggernaut with ease, but these garygoles are a P.I.T.A. (Pain In The Ass)

Oi! Language! :x
I have mad skills, but more mad than skills.
ImageImage
User

by Cheesecake » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:06 pm

I beat the first 3 levels on Path of the Hammer pretty easily. I haven't tried Twin Rivers or the ones after, but I will soon. When I beat Hammer I'll move on to Bow and then Sword. After that I'll try it on KRF, using Alric for Sword, Mirage for Bow, and Cronan for Hammer.

Update: Beat Twin Rivers Pass and Silveroak Forest on Hammer. Sold the marksman tower in Silveroak outpost and didn't use elves as I wasn't sure if there was a rule against that or not :? :mrgreen: :P :yey:

Another update: Just beat Citadel. Hardest part was the gargoyles, but I was able to kill most with just reinforcements. Also, it looks really awesome when the Juggernaut launches his little golem heads and four Howitzer missiles hit them at once. :D I also beat the Coldstep mines, as impossible as it was to deal with gargoyles I actually won.

Third update: Beat Icewind Pass and Stormcloud Temple. On to the dead-ish levels :D

Hundred thousandth update: I beat path of the Hammer :D It took me a bit of time to find out how to get a nice starting position on the Forsaken Valley. It wasn't easy defending two paths with only artillery against a bunch of heavily armoured enemies. Here's how I beat it.
And then I beat Dark Tower like this.

by [Lzyleo] » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:29 am

well i have completed the path of the sword on the campaign and ruins of acaroth :yey:

i remember i always used to do barracks only with different heroes it was my favorite thing to do creating massive melee battles watching the militia fall only to be backed up by grand paladins and bloodthirsty barbarians 8-) ahhh good times :)
User

by Daver35 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Cheesecake wrote:I beat the first 3 levels on Path of the Hammer pretty easily. I haven't tried Twin Rivers or the ones after, but I will soon. When I beat Hammer I'll move on to Bow and then Sword. After that I'll try it on KRF, using Alric for Sword, Mirage for Bow, and Cronan for Hammer.

Update: Beat Twin Rivers Pass and Silveroak Forest on Hammer. Sold the marksman tower in Silveroak outpost and didn't use elves as I wasn't sure if there was a rule against that or not :? :mrgreen: :P :yey:

Another update: Just beat Citadel. Hardest part was the gargoyles, but I was able to kill most with just reinforcements. Also, it looks really awesome when the Juggernaut launches his little golem heads and four Howitzer missiles hit them at once. :D I also beat the Coldstep mines, as impossible as it was to deal with gargoyles I actually won.

Third update: Beat Icewind Pass and Stormcloud Temple. On to the dead-ish levels :D

Hundred thousandth update: I beat path of the Hammer :D It took me a bit of time to find out how to get a nice starting position on the Forsaken Valley. It wasn't easy defending two paths with only artillery against a bunch of heavily armoured enemies. Here's how I beat it.

CONGRATULATIONS! You've completed the Path of the Hammer. Now it's time for your reward:

an awesome image for your signature that proves that you've completed the challenge

Enjoy!

PS: I'm working on the other 2, so stay tuned :)

PSS: Yes, I'm using images from the KR achievements, because I'm not very good at drawing :oops:
User

by Cheesecake » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:19 pm

Daver35 wrote:
Cheesecake wrote:I beat the first 3 levels on Path of the Hammer pretty easily. I haven't tried Twin Rivers or the ones after, but I will soon. When I beat Hammer I'll move on to Bow and then Sword. After that I'll try it on KRF, using Alric for Sword, Mirage for Bow, and Cronan for Hammer.

CONGRATULATIONS! You've completed the Path of the Hammer. Now it's time for your reward:

an awesome image for your signature that proves that you've completed the challenge

Enjoy!

PS: I'm working on the other 2, so stay tuned :)

PSS: Yes, I'm using images from the KR achievements, because I'm not very good at drawing :oops:

YAY :D I have actually already almost finished Path of the Bow. Only 3 levels left :D

by Daver35 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:41 pm

UPDATED:

Rewards completed: 3 new achievements. Gotta catch 'em all!!!
User

by razieltnt » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:49 am

I did similiar challenges, named them Fury Challenge and Dwarf Fortress Challenge - You can find topics about them here.

Were quite fun.
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by Daver35 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:53 pm

razieltnt wrote:I did similiar challenges, named them Fury Challenge and Dwarf Fortress Challenge - You can find topics about them here.

Were quite fun.

Sorry man, I had no idea. I'm new on the forum, so... yeah...
BTW, you're right, the Fury Challenge it's really fun xD
User

by razieltnt » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:23 pm

@up

Yep, including the fact that, for barbs, killing Dark Slayer took literally one full recharge of Rain of Fire. Including direct spell bombarding.
Its kinda like beating down a steel golem with mere copper fork.

And yes, much squads of barbs (at once) did the job in that way.
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by Finwer » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:19 pm

i completed path of the bow for the first 5 levels :D
but i have a little question:we cant use spells right?
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Daver35 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Finwer wrote:i completed path of the bow for the first 5 levels :D

Of course. If you don't use spells it's really hard to beat the challenge with the other paths.
User

by Cheesecake » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:25 am

Just beat The Wastes and Forsaken Valley on Bow. Forsaken Valley took a while but eventually I found the right balance of Rangers and Musketeers. Rangers are needed to stop hordes of Dark Knights with true damage poison and Wrath of the forest, while Dark Slayers always get through without Musketeer's Sniper Shot.

by Daver35 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:57 am

Cheesecake wrote:Just beat The Wastes and Forsaken Valley on Bow. Forsaken Valley took a while but eventually I found the right balance of Rangers and Musketeers. Rangers are needed to stop hordes of Dark Knights with true damage poison and Wrath of the forest, while Dark Slayers always get through without Musketeer's Sniper Shot.

Try this level with Musketeers only. Yes, it's possible xD
User

by Cheesecake » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:45 am

Daver35 wrote:
Cheesecake wrote:Just beat The Wastes and Forsaken Valley on Bow. Forsaken Valley took a while but eventually I found the right balance of Rangers and Musketeers. Rangers are needed to stop hordes of Dark Knights with true damage poison and Wrath of the forest, while Dark Slayers always get through without Musketeer's Sniper Shot.

Try this level with Musketeers only. Yes, it's possible xD

Actually tries that, and unfortunately failed miserably the first few levels :lol: :oops:

by Finwer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:23 am

Daver35 wrote:
Finwer wrote:i completed path of the bow for the first 5 levels :D

Of course. If you don't use spells it's really hard to beat the challenge with the other paths.

ok because i didnt use them when i maked this 5 levels :lol:
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User