Underground Campaign

For the King!

Underground Campaign

by Neriandal » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Greetings all!

I was just scanning the boards and someone had mentioned the Cave Sasquatch in a topic. It instantly sparked a thought to me as many of our snow missions we have in KR1 has several caves we have to plan with and against. So it could only mean one thing...

Underground is open.

Thoughts? Plans?
User

Re: Underground Campaign

by Vanzen » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:38 pm

maybeeee :mrgreen: :)
Ironhide Developer

by Julian » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Vanzen wrote:maybeeee :mrgreen: :)

I call this confirmation! Nice ^_^
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Neriandal » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:29 pm

Vanzen wrote:maybeeee :mrgreen: :)

Right, :). If I dare say with knowledge of how the game had been played, new towers introduced per area (such as the Barbarians in this tundra I mentioned (correct me if I'm off terribly)) that were focused or specialized for the advancement of our foes... what humanoid dares tromps around in the U-G thinking they're the 'it' thing and what should be expect to have available to smush'em up?
User

by Treeker » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:44 pm

I have idea for this cave mission ... There can be some dwarves, that want to set up fire to fire up dinamit for blow up that cave and stop enemies coming from here. Same dwarves as artillery tower :D

And you will have to defend this dwarves for time. And last wave should be really brutally :DD

Hope you'll like it ;)
Sorr for my bad english :)
User

by dimumurray » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:49 pm

+1
I was wondering what kind of new terrains the dev team would come up with for the sequel.

Looks like we have a seriously awesome candidate here. From a game design perspective, an underground level may lend itself well to F.O.W. (Fog of War) tactics a la games like Advanced wars and the like.

Basically FOW means that in a given environment (underground in this case) a tower has limited visibility (and therefore limited attack range). Some towers (like the fire towers from Earendel's post) could increase their range of visibility (and that of their surrounding towers) as the player upgrades them. What also would be nice, is that for creeps outside the visibility of a tower, you only see their glowing eyes as they move through the darkness of the caves. And as for pop culture references I could easily envision the wailing echoes of some wretched creature muttering "my preciousssssss...." coming from the depths of the caves. ;)
User

by Vanzen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:24 pm

That's a great suggestion DD! Visibility range modifiers! Something to think about... like PvZ
Ironhide Developer

by meowlala » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Vanzen wrote:That's a great suggestion DD! Visibility range modifiers! Something to think about... like PvZ

Yeah i really agree with both! A underground set of levels might have a final boss like this

Master of earth
15000 Health
Medium armor
1000-2000 damage
Low magic resistance
Admit defeat to the dark lord. The souls of many come, the souls of few go.
User

by dimumurray » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Vanzen wrote:That's a great suggestion DD! Visibility range modifiers! Something to think about... like PvZ

Yeah I know. Veritable fountain of knowledge over here. I wish you guys would just hire me already and get it over with ;)
User

by Julian » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:02 am

Vanzen wrote:Something to think about... like PvZ

O god, stupid misty backyard with pool levels :D

And haha Dimu ^^
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Giangreymon » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:22 am

Oh oh oh i think DD... Thats a funny nickname :mrgreen: btw DD is better than Julian ;) what u guys think? Who better than them? The answer is me :mrgreen: no geeks or uber geeks can defeat the wrath of my Blinding Light of Destiny!
http://shadowscythe.minitroopers.com *pls visit and create an army in the link*
Image Image
*Eat without seasoning! if you do nuht follow mah order!* -daz hou evil cookie crumbles- >:D
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:02 am

Why is he DD? I'm pretty sure those aren't his initials; I saw his post with his name on it on another site.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by dimumurray » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:30 am

DD is from my avatar. Right there off to the right -> :) It stands for Dimu Designs, its the moniker I work under as a freelance flash developer.
User

by dimumurray » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:51 am

I think this may have been mentioned before, but how about, in addition to the underground concept, we also take to the skies with floating islands.

Maybe under the sands of the Varadul Waste lies the remnants of a long lost technically advanced civilization (in the vein of a future-past theme). Perhaps the underground campaign takes place in a cavern beneath Varadul and beating the level triggers some kind of mechanism that causes an ancient floating construct (built from unobtanium of course) to rise from the sands.

At least then you would have a explanation for the existence of Rocket Riders and other mechanoids like this guy:

User

by Giangreymon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:18 am

Hmm how many times i clicked that robot? Btw... Its better to call the waste that DD or dimu? What should we call ya? Btw again... The waste should be call... Etherstorm :mrgreen: no one will comment where i get that OK? Or Mysidia or Danville :lol:
Image Image
*Eat without seasoning! if you do nuht follow mah order!* -daz hou evil cookie crumbles- >:D
User

by kilele » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:25 pm

dimumurray wrote:I think this may have been mentioned before, but how about, in addition to the underground concept, we also take to the skies with floating islands.

I have been mulling over the idea of your skies floating islands and came up with the following theme.
Volcanic menace!! Magma elementals and other creatures set to rise from Olympus Mons (see wikipedia). As they aproach, Kingdom's ground turns into magma and your towers become mobile. Not everything is lost, you still can rally-point your towers and troops over special floating platforms and hopefully stave off danger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJZcFnzyrAw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPbUVPxUus

http://www.youtube.com/user/MARS3DdotCOM/videos
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by meowlala » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:14 am

dimumurray wrote: "my preciousssssss...."

Is that from The Hobbit?
Underground IS open! Time for story line (i'm a natural)! Finally after making it through the deserts and the desert dessert you continued onward, now the goblinoid forces are up again hiding in the underground tunnels of ice and water. You must defeat the forces while they are still weak!
Admit defeat to the dark lord. The souls of many come, the souls of few go.
User

by Goldenrhino » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:21 am

dimumurray wrote:I think this may have been mentioned before, but how about, in addition to the underground concept, we also take to the skies with floating islands.

Maybe under the sands of the Varadul Waste lies the remnants of a long lost technically advanced civilization (in the vein of a future-past theme). Perhaps the underground campaign takes place in a cavern beneath Varadul and beating the level triggers some kind of mechanism that causes an ancient floating construct (built from unobtanium of course) to rise from the sands.

At least then you would have a explanation for the existence of Rocket Riders and other mechanoids like this guy:

The "long-lost technologically advanced civilization under an endless sea of sand" is way too cliche in my opinion...and so are floating islands. They sound nice at first, but they've been done too many times...for example, The Legend of Zelda series has done both.

I would like to see an underground campaign though...and fog of war would be an awesome concept! It would lead to all sorts of possibilities: such as paladins providing light in the caverns, or random sandstorms that reduce visibility in the desert.
Yes, my profile pic is a bunny. Don't judge.
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:50 am

However, the constructs could be built and then magically made to work.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by Giangreymon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:50 am

NOTE: this is s SPAM
I missed many of our friend here in forums like dimu and kazam
who will be the next?
:twisted: i want ha**mon***r and *ic*l**d to ba the next :twisted:
Image Image
User

Next