Desert Expansion ideas—Hammerfury's Revenge

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Desert Expansion ideas—Hammerfury's Revenge

by Sanzuwu13 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:45 am

Growing out of Finwer's thread reviewing the appearance of the various heroes, I have another idea for a KRF expansion. While I love elves, I think this one is thematically more important for the game. So, I was thinking that Malik is from a nomadic tribe who get their water from the Zarafo River, but was trained in Hammerhold and gets along well with the folks from Lopah. Hammerhold, I'm thinking, was attacked by raiders shortly before the events of the first game while the main forces were away. Maybe they were fighting other desert tribes, maybe something else, but Hammerhold fell and many people, including some of Malik's teachers and friends, and perhaps some of his family, were killed. The raiders perished when the main forces (Malik with them) got back, but the damage had been done. Malik has been out for revenge ever since and joined the Linirean cause to fight people like those who sacked Hammerhold.

So, I'm not sure yet what the enemies or stage-specific content would be, but I do have ideas for Malik's hero, which is the main point of this expansion (and I think it is very important for Malik to come to KRF somehow, even if *gasp* he's introduced by himself without an expansion, because of his desert thematicity). So, I'm thinking, he could have these five skills:
Hammer Smash. Original KR skill.
Earthquake. Original KR skill.
Bash. Deals increased damage to a single target with guaranteed stun.
Bigger Hammer. Passively increases damage of base attack and hammer skills. Maybe also with passive stun chance?
Toughness. Passive health increase, much like Alric or Blackthorne's Toughness.

Sound good? Any ideas for enemies, stage-specific content, other hero for expansion?
User

Location: Ha'Kraj Plateau, recruiting trolls and half-trolls for the forces of good

Re: Desert Expansion ideas—Hammerfury's Revenge

by Megaman9000 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:33 am

Cool now if other heroes will be a expansion pack that be great!
User

by Finwer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:46 pm

;)
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Zonoro13 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:52 pm

That would be a great idea to provide the backstory for Malik... And it would also explain his anger and focus.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by SairiRM » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Awesome idea, maybe put Ignus too(no one knows anything about him) :D
User

by Sanzuwu13 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:33 pm

SairiRM wrote:Awesome idea, maybe put Ignus too(no one knows anything about him) :D

Interesting idea. KRF already has Alric and Mirage as desert-region-thematic heroes, so I don't think it would be crucial for the other hero in the expansion be desert-themed. So, here are some ideas for Ignus's KRF skills:
Unupgradable passive immunity to fire damage. Fire damage isn't common in KRF, but I assume that's what the molten rock launched from the volcano deals.
Surge of Flames. Same as in first game.
Flaming Frenzy. Same as in first game.
Blinding Flare. A blast of flame blinds enemies, penalizing speed and damage dealt.
Coat of Flames. Deals retaliation damage
Reign of Fire. Same as Ashbite's skill.

Sound good, folks?
User

Location: Ha'Kraj Plateau, recruiting trolls and half-trolls for the forces of good

by Zonoro13 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:01 am

Yeah, that's pretty cool. But wouldn't putting KR heroes in KRF detract from KR heromsales? It wouldn't be a big difference, but it's possible.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Sanzuwu13 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:49 am

Zonoro13 wrote:Yeah, that's pretty cool. But wouldn't putting KR heroes in KRF detract from KR heromsales? It wouldn't be a big difference, but it's possible.

Maybe...but that would only be the case if people want particular KR heroes, and decide to get them in KRF instead, and buy them in KRF, which would be a transfer rather than a loss.
User

by Zonoro13 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:51 am

Sanzuwu13 wrote:
Zonoro13 wrote:Yeah, that's pretty cool. But wouldn't putting KR heroes in KRF detract from KR heromsales? It wouldn't be a big difference, but it's possible.

Maybe...but that would only be the case if people want particular KR heroes, and decide to get them in KRF instead, and buy them in KRF, which would be a transfer rather than a loss.

Yes, but it wouldn't make very much money, making it a partial waste of effort.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Sanzuwu13 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:16 am

Zonoro13 wrote:
Sanzuwu13 wrote:

Yes, but it wouldn't make very much money, making it a partial waste of effort.

However, some big fans of the original KR would buy the KRF versions of their favorite heroes so that they can play KRF with their favorite heroes. This may even increase sales of other KRF heroes if the presence of KR heroes in KRF motivates people to move from KR to KRF who eventually decide to buy other KRF heroes.

Also, it wouldn't be as much effort on the devs' part to make KRF versions of KR heroes as it would be to make completely new KRF heroes, as they would be able to reuse a large amount of code (specifically that for the appearance and movement of the heroes and for the two abilities that they had in the first game). And don't tell me they don't reuse code, I remember reading in someone's beta testing thread that Captain Blackthorne's Release the Kraken mistakenly had the appearance of Wrath of the Forest.
User

by SairiRM » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:43 am

Sanzuwu13 wrote:
SairiRM wrote:Awesome idea, maybe put Ignus too(no one knows anything about him) :D

Interesting idea. KRF already has Alric and Mirage as desert-region-thematic heroes, so I don't think it would be crucial for the other hero in the expansion be desert-themed. So, here are some ideas for Ignus's KRF skills:
Unupgradable passive immunity to fire damage. Fire damage isn't common in KRF, but I assume that's what the molten rock launched from the volcano deals.
Surge of Flames. Same as in first game.
Flaming Frenzy. Same as in first game.
Blinding Flare. A blast of flame blinds enemies, penalizing speed and damage dealt.
Coat of Flames. Deals retaliation damage
Reign of Fire. Same as Ashbite's skill.

Sound good, folks?

Awesome 8-)
User

by Zonoro13 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Well, all right.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Sanzuwu13 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:Well, all right.

Awesome! :yey:
User