One too many...?

For the King!

One too many...?

by Barrotes » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:41 am

I see many suggested changes to towers and units by our dedicated players, but I just wanted to say that I wouldn't mind leaving everything as it is, and just a few more maps/modes.
Keep in mind what made Kingdom Rush so popular. Fast, simple, fun strategy.
No, I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement, what I'm saying is that I see many people suggesting more and more complex strategy.
That could ruin the original game concept.
Just ( yet ) another suggestion. No offence. Keep it simple.
I'm a Donkey, what's your excuse ?
User

Re: One too many...?

by Julian » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Oh come on. People can suggest what they want. Even not so great suggestions may inspire the Ironhide developers.
Although I agree with you and hope Ironhide will be selective, I trust them in making a great expansion :)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Luxsum » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:22 pm

I just see it as all in good fun. I know nothing about computer game development and I trust that the devs will not cave to the musings of noobs like me. :D It's fun to dream and speculate. I mostly assume/expect that an expansion would involve more scenarios and a larger map to explore so I don't mention that in my suggestions.
`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·
baah.... baah... baah... baah... baah... *squick*
`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·
User

by kilele » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:54 pm

I agree with Barrotes.

There are people who don't like TD games where you have to do manual clicking for some weapons. For example abuse of enabling towers with rally points could affect the fun of trying different tactics and different kinds of towers (abuse of upgrades also matters here).
KR has a great balance of that. It's the perfect example of games you can jump right into and have fun, and only worry about deeper strategy later as you want. There could be a mode for strategic gamers with fewer arcade elements.
Last edited by kilele on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by Quest » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:56 pm

I agree that the simplicity of KR is a key feature to its success.
A lot of expansions/sequels to successful/original games contributed to their eventual downfall by releasing/adding too many new units. This makes the games tedious and confusing.
User

by Vanzen » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Hello there :) We like to read suggestions it can inspire ideas or mechanics and also lets us know what players would like to see. Also we love it when someone else suggests exactly what we were thinking.

Don't worry we won't add 20 new units and we will always try to keep KR simple and easy to understand.
Ironhide Developer

by Barrotes » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:51 am

I don't wish people to stop giving lots of ideas. On the contrary, from 1000 bad ideas, 1 may be a good one. I guess I was just trying to make a point, where KR should keep it simple. I guess reading posts suggesting around 10 new towers and different types of units, got me scared that the developers could get carried away and result in disaster. Good to see most people agree with the simple but hard to master strategy. Also glad Vanzen got this post into consideration. Lets keep rolling out imagination...
User

by Landbark » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:43 am

I disagree with you Barrotes. We should give as many good ideas as we can. It's fun stuff, reading about ideas of other people. After all, we live with faith that they will include those ideas in their new game. Then we forget that Ironhide members created awesome game without our help or suggestions :)
Like Vanzen said, they are brainy enough to filter every idea and keep things good.

Also, like I said in the topic.
Suggestion: The Dark Side

Landbark wrote:I think that would be too simple idea :] We want to give Ironhide members the ideas that are impossible to execute.
User

by Barrotes » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am

Thats exactly what I said. Was just pointing out not to accept all suggestions and change the gameplay too much. Otherwise, we might end up with Starcraft vs Zombies Rush. :D
User