20%
Hjor'lak, Karkinos' nemesis
20%
The Sentinel, Kahz's nemesis
7%

Total votes : 15

RISE OF THE EVIL HERO NEMESISES

by Cheesecake » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:18 pm

That's probably not even the plural of nemesis.

Anyway, here are the entries.

By the way, I copied and pasted these. Don't expect any kind of consistency.

Robin Hoode
Nemesis of Blackthorne

A world famous thief who has stolen countless gems, jewels, and gold. He once crossed paths with the wealthiest pirate of all time, Captain Blackthorne, and bested him in combat. He took all of his gold, and left without a trail.

Blackthorne has since saved every penny he could, grabbed every coin he could find, and looted every enemy he slew in an effort to amass the same amount of gold he once had. He vowed that if he ever got his hands on this thief, he'd take both his gold and his life from him.

A blonde man with a green hooded cape and matching clothing, including his boots. He has a quiver strapped to his back, loaded with arrows. His bow is of Elven-make, so it is thin and finely curved, with a delicate but powerful string to fire his magical blue arrows with. Here is an image of his character card:

HP: 180 (+30 per level) Total: 450

Melee: 5-10 (+2, +4) Total: 23-46

Puts bow in a sling at his side and pulls out a golden dagger that he quickly stabs with. (Every .67s)

Ranged: Same as melee

Pulls out an arrow and readies it (takes about 1.25s) before launching it to a target from up to 15 meters away (on the assumption that a Bloodshell is 3.5 meters).

Movement: Fast (like Mirage)

Heal Rate: 18 (+3) Total: 45 per second

Lives for getting through: 10

Gold: Drops money bags, equal to the amount Blackthorne has collected so far throughout the level.

* Secondary Trait: "Stealing": Enemies killed near him give no gold, but add on to the amount he drops when killed.

Skills

+ Piercing Shots: (Passive) 1/1/1 points

As they fly to their targets, arrows magically seek out up to 2/3/4 projectiles (bullets, arrows, bombs, barrels) and shatter them, rendering the projectile useless.

+ Magic Arrows: (Passive) 1/2/3 points

All arrows fired have a 15/25/35% chance of spreading magic through a target's veins, inflicting 20/40/60% more damage and ignoring armor. Unarmored enemies have an extra 5/10/15% chance of being inflicted.

+ Reflexes: (Passive) 3/3/3 points

Hoode can leap over terrain obstacles (Pestilence, Krakens, and Snapvines) and gets a 10/25/40% dodge chance for melee attacks, dealing 50/75/100% of his normal damage as counter damage.

* Arrow Barrage: (12 second cooldown) 1/2/3 points

Hoode fires 2/4/6 arrows at once at random targets, dealing 10/15/20 to 18/29/40 physical damage. Arrows are effected by passive traits.

* Trap: (18 second cooldown) 2/2/2 points

Launches a net into the air that traps troops in a small AOE for 2/4/6 seconds. If no troops are around, fires it at a tower for the same effect.

Quotes

* "Criminals get punished, but thieves escape." (Selected in Hero Room)

* "I'm Robin, and I'm robbin'!"

* "All that glitters is gold and jewels."

* "Robin's in the hood."

* "Don't back down!"

* "I'll fight another day..." (Killed)

Babushka
Cursed Witch
Nemesis of Nivus

Babushka has lived many years, and her many deals with the dark forces have taken a toll on her body. Once a powerful White Mage, she was expelled from the Archmage school after her fellow class-mate; an up and coming wizard called Nivus; caught her reading forbidden texts. Since that day she swore she would one day be more powerful than him.

Babushka looks like a typical wizened old crone. Pale yellow skin with pitted marks, warts and patches that are dry and flaking. Her nose is longer than normal and one of her eyes is smaller and almost completely black. Her hair is wild and untamed, matted and knotted in several places and a murky green/brown in colour. She leans all her body weight into a gnarled cane, leaving her prominent hunched back visible. Her robes are dark and tattered, whilst her shadow moves around with a life of its own. Despite her appearance, she is a fast mover, well versed in magic and very adept at countering the magic of others.

Statistics (Level 10)

Health: 250
Magic Damage: 40-80
Armour: None
Speed: Fast
Respawn: 20 seconds

Skills : Primary

SUMMON (active) [3/3/3]
Whenever an enemy is disintegrated, Babushka uses the life energy to summon a Demon Spawn/Demon Lord/Gulaemon to the field.

MIND CONTROL (active) [2/2/2]
Forces a soldier to fight against his brothers in arms. The soldier gets a stat boost of 10/20/30% and will not stop until killed.

HOMUNCULUS (active) [1/2/3]
Babushka creates a golem that stands in the path and draws all magic attacks towards it. Any magic towers near will automatically attack it, and any homing missiles will be drawn towards it. It has 150/200/250 HP, but no armour.

DISTORTION (passive) [1/1/1]
Wherever Babushka moves, she leaves behind a trail of magic that distorts the path, preventing anything teleporting into it. It lasts for 3/4/5 seconds except in her immediate vicinity where it is permanent.

DEATH CURSE (passive) [1/2/3]
When killed, Babushka sends out a powerful curse that disables 1/2/3 nearby towers for 3/4/5 seconds

Skills : Secondary

Babushka cannot be poisoned, burned or stunned.

Quotes

"Mine is the magic. Mine is the power."
"Bored now."
"Something wicked this way comes."
"I put a spell on you, cause you're mine!"
"Imperio!" (when casting Mind Control)
"Death is but a door..." (death)

Elixira
A water and Ice elemental.
Nemesis of Grawl

Appearance: A Large Elemental who constantly shifts state from liquid to solid. She is covered in icy shards and resembles grawls main body except with an icy complexion and has icy "quills" on her back. (Ice Form). In water form she becomes partially transparent and loses the quills while showing an blurred reflection like a puddle after you drop something in it.

Game Description: The leader of the water elementals bestowed with the power of the PHASE bestowed to her by her father an respected water elemental. After her fathers death due to a falling Rock golem she has hunted down her enemies and their allies cutting them down one by one.

[AN: things in boxed brackets are in water form]
Hp: 600/700/900 (if it needs to be one use the middle value)

Attack: 26-38 [18-24]

Attack rate: Medium [fast]

Armor: Medium [low]

Magic resistance: Low [medium]

Speed: Gorillon paced [fast - just a bit slower than a worg]

Live cost: 6

Bounty: 50

Specials: Phase, Shards, Shared Fate [Phase, Cacoon, Regeneration]

Explanation of specials:

Phase: Every 5 seconds phases to her other form if fighting. After a fight changes to water form.

Shards: Shards are left in this units target (the person it is fighting) lowering their attack back to original and dealing 25 dps for 6 seconds. (if hit while you have shards with an attack which would inflict shards the timer for shards resets e.g goes from 5 seconds of shards back to 6)

Shared Fate: When this unit phases to Ice form it summons 5 pillars around it which spread damage which sould be recieved by this unit with this unit and the unit it is fighting. Also makes this unit immune to OHKOs (This is because an OHKO would be split and do 50% damage to each unit inside the pillars. This lasts for a whole fight between units)

Cacoon: Slows down target for 6 seconds and has a 10 percent chance to stun on each attack. (same functions as shards)

Regeneration: has a 15 hps healing rate

The Reason it is like Like Grawl and counters him: The Shards stop Bastion from funtioning making their attacks relatively similar while cacoon mimics stomp, She heals at about the same rate as Grawl while shared fate lets her stop grawl from functioning properly as an Tank/Staller.

Hjor’lak the Desert Warlock
Nemesis of Karkinos

History:
Abandoned in the sands while he was a child for his deformity, he unexpectedly gained its power, becoming the most powerful and feared man in the desert. Having killed his parents, he joined Lord Malagar’s army for money.

Nemesis for:
Karkinos

Appearance:
A man the size of a Sand Wraith wearing yellow robes and a green staff with a red ctystal. One of his hands is a scorpion pincer.

Stats:

HP: 490
ATK: 40-58, slow, magic, melee and ranged
Speed: average

Abilities:

Through the Sands (7s)

Summons sand around him for 8s, giving him a 50% chance to dodge attacks.

Quicksand (15s)
Summons quicksand around his enemy, stunning him for 5s and dealing 15 True Damage per second.

Weakening Bolt (12s)
Uses a special spell on the enemy that halves his damage and attack rate for 7s.

Wrath of the Sands (15s)
Summons two Sandbeasts (they look like wulves but yellowish) for 15s to attack his enemy.
Sandbeast Stats:
HP: 205
ATK: 22-37, slow, physical
Speed: Fast

Sand Spear (10s)
Enchants the sand to make a spear, throwing it at its enemy for 140-200 true damage.

Quotes
"Sand is infinite."
"The world is a grain of sand."
"Patience is my game."
"Feel my wrath!"
"Blood, sand and tears."

The Sentinel
Nemesis of Kahz

Perfect killing machine made by finest technologies of the Saurian race. Capable of penetrating any defence and lead whole armies into heavily-guarded areas.

APPEARANCE

Imagine the Sentinel in X-Men: Days of Future Past. It stands taller than the height of a Dark Slayer.

It appears 3 times in a cavern stage where there are many armored enemies, leading wave 7, 14 and 20.

The first appearance it has skills 1, 2, 3.

Second appearance grants skill 4, and 5 is available in the last appearance.

STATS

Health: 900/1,000/1,100 (wave 7/14/20).

Armor: Medium (50%)

Magic Resistance: High (80%)

Damage: Slash with its fingers extended into claws for 48-62/50-64/54-69 physical damage, medium attack speed.

Movement: Run at a medium pace.

Bounty: 100/200/300 gold.

Lives taken: 10

SKILLS

- Grand Slam: 7s cooldown

When forced into melee, immediately clap two hands together and stun the enemy for 3s.

- Raging Outburst:

Slash 2-6 times for True Damage whenever take more than 150 damage within 2s (only in melee).

- Loop: 10s cooldown

Teleport behind the unit blocking it.

Perform the movement swiftly like Mirage's Backstab.

- Emergency A-115:

Plunges hands into ground and grows rock shell across its skin, increasing armor to Great (95%) when health is under 500 points.

SECONDARY

* Cannot be bled, poisoned, or stunned.

QUOTES

"Target locked"

"Activate A-115 protocol"

Nothing else to see here.
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.
If you don't know who that is, I'll kill you.
Indiana Jones hero made by RazorLeaf :D :D :D

Re: RISE OF THE EVIL HERO NEMESIS THINGS

by mastermoo123 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:26 pm

inb4juice
ʊքօռ ȶɦɛ ʍօֆȶ ǟռƈɨɛռȶ օʄ քօաɛʀ
ɨ ɦօʟɖ ȶɦɛ ɨʍʍօʀȶǟʟ ɛռɛʀɢʏ
ɨ ֆʊʍʍօռ ȶɦɛ ɢօɖ օʄ ƈօաֆ
ǟռɖ ɮɛƈօʍɛ ɦɨʍ ʍʏֆɛʟʄ!
User

Re: RISE OF THE EVIL HERO NEMESISES

by Ashbite » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:48 pm

The first one is BBBs I bet it.
Voted. Not for me.
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

A villain dies a thousand times, a hero only once.

:veznan: :sheep: :veznan:
User

by Finwer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:08 pm

Ashbite wrote:The first one is BBBs I bet it.
Voted. Not for me.

And yours is the Desert Warlock :D
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Ashbite » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Finwer wrote:
Voted. Not for me.

Why do you think so?
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

User

by Finwer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Ashbite wrote:
Finwer wrote:
Voted. Not for me.

Why do you think so?

Because you like those desert mage/warlock things ;)
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Ashbite » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:12 pm

Maybe.
And you voted for the Grawl nemesis.

User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:29 pm

I voted for the ice one (Grawl's nemesis) so now it's winning :D

I almost voted for Babushka because of the backstory, but I like Elixira's theme better, especially with how creative the skills are. :mrgreen:
BBB

by Ashbite » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I voted for the ice one (Grawl's nemesis) so now it's winning :D

I almost voted for Babushka because of the backstory, but I like Elixira's theme better, especially with how creative the skills are. :mrgreen:

I voted for Babushka. Didn't lie the Grawl one much.

User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Ashbite wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:I voted for the ice one (Grawl's nemesis) so now it's winning :D

The descriptions were difficult to understand, but I understand them and they are excellent counters to both Grawl and any other tanky soldiers you have, like Templars or Death Riders. It's also not OP, which stopped me from voting for another hero that I won't mention. ;)

Also, what makes you think that Robin Hoode is mine? 8-)
BBB

by SairiRM » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Voted for Hjor'lak, maybe because I like Warlocks a lot... :D
User

by mastermoo123 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:47 pm

SairiRM wrote:Voted for Hjor'lak, maybe because I like Warlocks a lot... :D

I did because it seemed the most interesting out of all the different Nemesises
ʊքօռ ȶɦɛ ʍօֆȶ ǟռƈɨɛռȶ օʄ քօաɛʀ
ɨ ɦօʟɖ ȶɦɛ ɨʍʍօʀȶǟʟ ɛռɛʀɢʏ
ɨ ֆʊʍʍօռ ȶɦɛ ɢօɖ օʄ ƈօաֆ
ǟռɖ ɮɛƈօʍɛ ɦɨʍ ʍʏֆɛʟʄ!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:00 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Also, what makes you think that Robin Hoode is mine? 8-)

Really? Because it's your art. We discussed no drawings in the original thread because styles are instantly recognisable.
Yes it's me

by Ashbite » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:01 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ashbite wrote:

The descriptions were difficult to understand, but I understand them and they are excellent counters to both Grawl and any other tanky soldiers you have, like Templars or Death Riders. It's also not OP, which stopped me from voting for another hero that I won't mention. ;)

Also, what makes you think that Robin Hoode is mine? 8-)

The drawing and the format.

User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:34 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:

Really? Because it's your art. We discussed no drawings in the original thread because styles are instantly recognisable.

Too bad that was mentioned after the contest started, and I had already submitted my entry. Well, there's really nothing to be done about it now, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.
BBB

by Ashbite » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:

Too bad that was mentioned after the contest started, and I had already submitted my entry. Well, there's really nothing to be done about it now, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

I would have recognized the format anyways. But you could just have sent it in again without a drawing.

User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:39 pm

I know, but I was hoping that it wouldn't matter that much. Too bad it does. This is a really "oops" moment for me. I would apologize, but I don't know who I owe it to. :?
BBB

by Ashbite » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I know, but I was hoping that it wouldn't matter that much. Too bad it does. This is a really "oops" moment for me. I would apologize, but I don't know who I owe it to. :?

The problem is that people vote out of favoritism sometims.
Anyway i think Babushka is Razor's.

User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Ashbite wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:I know, but I was hoping that it wouldn't matter that much. Too bad it does. This is a really "oops" moment for me. I would apologize, but I don't know who I owe it to. :?

The problem is that people vote out of favoritism sometims.
Anyway i think Babushka is Razor's.

If it's out of favoritism, I know I'll lose :lol:

I thought that, too, but then I saw the Sentinel and figured that one was more likely. But enough conspiracy! Let's... Criticize! :twisted:

Karkinos' nemesis should've had a skill to counter his abilities like Shoulder Cannon and Battle Hardened, such as a piercing attack that damages invincible enemies and ignores armor. Just saying, I would have liked to see abilities that effectively ruin skills but still make it possible to survive. Still, his name is catchy to say, and I imagine him looking really cool in-game. :D
BBB

by Ashbite » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Sand Spear ignores armour.

User

Next