6%
Entry 5
No votes
Entry 6
12%

Total votes : 17

Endless Challenge Contest Voting

by Cheesecake » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:15 pm

...I don't really have anything to say here because I didn't really have anything to do with this contest. Anyway, I don't actually have the entries either. Razor Leaf will be posting them on this thread.

A few things regarding the poll:
-You can vote for only one entry.
-Poll runs for one week.
-You can change your vote at any time.
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.
If you don't know who that is, I'll kill you.
Indiana Jones hero made by RazorLeaf :D :D :D

Re: Endless Challenge Contest Voting

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:30 pm

Entry One wrote:Stage: Banished Plain

ENVIRONMENT

- Blackburn-Shadowmoon.

- Kingdom Rush map.

- Details: There are 4 entrances and 2 exits. On the middle of the upper edge feature the throne of the Commander of Battle, to the sides of which are 2 entrances. These "entrances" are actually dead-ends, wrapped around by dead trees, ones to the north covered in cobweb. Enemies are teleported into battle. Players with a keen eye may notice that there are two giant portals stand at the paths' starting point, inside seen the cobweb covered trees. The other 2 entrances are at the middle of the left and right edges of the screen.

The paths circle around the throne, and continue straight downwards. Entrance paths intersect at different points.

Tombs are featured around the Commander of Battle's throne, as well as skulls.

COMMANDER OF BATTLE

Name: Lord Loss

Illustration: A humanoid, demonic entity about the size of Moloch, possessing a bony body with pale skin, on which there are bloody scratches, 8 limbs, an evil grin and red snake eyes.

Abilities:

- Totem of Terror: A tombstone with dark aura and blue, glowing symbols on it. Soldiers and heroes near it are inflicted with Fear, lowering their attack speed and damage by half and disable the usage of skills. Affected soldiers are marked with a black glow.

- Cobweb: Lay a patch of cobweb over an area, slowing movement of troops down by 50% with a chance of immobilizing them for a moment. Spiders have their speed increase by 60%.

- Shadow Beacon: Dots of light appear on the path as the area shimmers with dark clouds. When this is in effect, enemies inside the area is removed of harmful afflictions (Poison, Curse, Slow, Burn, etc) and have base attack damage increased by 30%. Harmful afflictions effecting soldiers rise in effect.

Quotes:

Intro: "Welcome to my world"

Other quotes:

"Come, I will teach you true pain."

"Your fear is visible."

"Let go of hope. Stop fighting."

"Don't you sense the hopelessness?"

"Mortals, fighting in vain."

"There won't be dawn. There won't be end."

ENEMIES

Regular enemies appear in this level, sorted by order of appearance:

Giant Spider
Zombie
Spider Matriarch
Gargoyle
Ghoul
Abomination
Werewolf
Ghost
Lycan
Phantom Warrior
Necromancer
Black Hag

Other enemies that appear but do not spawn in waves are:

Skeleton
Skeleton Knight

(summon by Necromancers and rise from graves)

New enemies include:

Doll
Loss Doll
Wither
Wither Spider
Bone Gargoyle

The mini-boss for this stage is called Sammael.

For stats of new enemies:

Doll
[Shadow Creature]
Health: 90
Damage: 10-20/10-40
Armor: None/Low
Movement: Fast

Dolls are goblin-sized humanoids made out of wool, gore and bones. Some may wield cleaves or armor, which raise their stats. The in-game encyclopedia states that they are "animated by evil of the other side".

Loss Doll
[Shadow Creature]
Health: 900
Damage: 20-70
Magic Resistance: Low
Armor: Low
* Hover
* Absorb fear to raise strength

Loss Dolls are 8-limb bodies that are hanged on and moved by silvery lines from above, which is hardly visible. They are not affected by ground attacks (Tar Bomb, Scorched Earth, Permafrost, ...) and cost 3 lives. When fighting soldiers inflicted with Fear, they deal 20-100 damage and heal by 5 life/sec/soldier.

Wither
[Shadow Creature]
Health: 350
Magic Resistance: Medium
* Flying
* Terrorize troops

A Wither is made of 3 skulls and purple flames. They fly at a much faster speed and lower altitude than Gargoyles, and when killed, rain their remaining on soldiers and inflict them with Fear for 7s.

Wither Spider
[Shadow Creature]
Health: 1,200
Damage: 40-80
Armor: High
Movement: Medium
* Poisonous area attack
* Cost 5 lives

Wither Spiders are giant three-headed black arachnids that poison scores of troops with their bites.

Bone Gargoyle
[Shadow Creature]
Health: 200
Armor: Low
Movement: Medium
* Flying

Bone Gargoyles are skeletons of living Gargoyles. When a Gargoyle spawn, it has a chance to be replaced by a Bone Gargoyle.

Mini-boss: Sammael
[Shadow Creature]
Health: 3,000
Damage: 30-90
* Mini-boss
* Acidic area attack

The Sammael is hound-like, pale and large, It is hairless, with 2 tentacles on its back, which attack when it combats soldiers, inflicting them with Poison and Corrosion, the latter effect decreases their armor by 20~30%.

ACHIEVEMENTS

- Head Hunter: Kill 500 Dolls.

- Courage: Kill 50 Withers without them terrorizing soldiers.

Entry Two wrote:The Royal Bridge

After a long campaign away from the Kingdom, we have returned to find an old enemy has resurfaced! Baron Von Striker has come out of exile and already rallied all his former followers to his side. He has occupied the town of Lozagon, across the Royal Bridge. This man was once the aide to King Denas' father before he betrayed the Kingdom and fled! The King had men search for him for years, but he was always sly and cunning, and always one step ahead, hence his title, The Fox of Lineria!

He is in a highly strategic point, and if he intends to make a play on The Citadel then he is in the best place to do it. You must stop him at all costs and finally bring him to justice!

Environment
Grassland, inner city

The level takes place just inside the Royal Bridge and the courtyard of Lozagon. A broken statue of a king (who looks like an older more refined version of Denas) lies in ruin at the top of the level, and there is debris in the streets where fights have destroyed buildings. There are some remains of soldiers and critters near the edges.

Enemies
Recurring
Bandit • Shadow Archer • Dark Knight • Rocket Rider • Dark Slayer • Brigand • Marauder • Raider • Pillager

New
Partisan • Highway Man • Thugee • Berserker • Looter • Smuggler

Partisan
HP: 300
Damage: 20-40
Armour rating: Low
Magic resistance: None
Speed: Medium
- Ranged attack
- Immune until they attack

The Partisan is armed with a gun a lot like Bolin Farslayer. They stand back and shoot at soldiers. They shoot slower than Shadow Archers, but from a greater distance. Partisans are recruited from civilians, so they look more like regular folk (Reinforcements before their upgrades) than enemies and wont be targeted until they stop and start to shoot, making Barracks a necessity to uncover them.

Highway Man
HP: 800
Damage: 60-100/50-90
Armour rating: None/High
Speed: Fast
- Dismounts

Highway Men ride on horses which makes them a lot faster than anything else on the field. They also have high attack whilst mounted, but very poor defence to make up for it. When the Highway Man reaches 50% health, he dismounts (the horse dies), gains armour and continues on foot.

Thugee
HP: 1200
Damage: 45-90
Armour rating: None
Magic resistance: High
- Ties up troops

Thugee troops carry ropes with them and use them to tie up soldiers, preventing them from fighting back or moving for short periods (like Greenfin nets). Thugees are dark skinned men in robes and turbans armed with a curved sword.

Berserker
HP: 4000
Damage: 50-150
Armour rating: Medium
Magic resistance: Low
Speed: Slow
- Area attack

Beserkers are huge, heavy bodied men, massive shoulders, massive arms, small heads and legs. They cause massive area damage with each punch and soak up damage like it's nothing.

Looter
HP: 350
Damage: 20-40
Armour rating: Low
Magic resistance: Low
- Steals gold
- Dodges melee attacks

Looters are common thieves, not exceptionally powerful but fast, cunning and with a love for gold. They move fast on the map, and when engaging with solders they can steal gold out of your reserves (in the reverse of Frontiers' Assassins). They look like the stereotypical robber, with a bag of SWAG over their shoulder and a black mask.

Smuggler
HP: 2250
Damage: 40-80
Magic resistance: Medium
Speed:
- Spawns weaker foes

Smugglers are a bit like Looters. They carry a bag over their shoulder but their intent is to give rather than take. When you defeat a Smuggler, they drop their bag and three enemies come out of it. They are randomly generated from the following: Bandit, Brigand, Shadow Archer, Dark Knight, Partisan, Looter. Smugglers look like beefed up Desert Thugs.

Mini-Boss

Rioter
HP: 3000
Damage: 35-75

Unlike most enemies here, the Rioter wields a large club (shaped a bit like a baseball bat) and has his face hidden behind a mask. He attacks by smacking foes with the bat.

Commander of Battle
Baron Von Striker

The Baron is a fragile old man with a bald head, a bent and broken body and a long walking stick, but is quick moving and light on his feet. He has a scar over one eye and a long red cape with a white bit at the end. He stands on the broken remains of a statue of King Denas I, specifically, the king's head. Whilst taunting you, he also paces back and forth, raises his hands above his head and laughs maniacally, or sometimes winces and rubs his aching back.

"So you've come to play at last. This city belongs to me now, and you are not welcome!"

"I will crush this pathetic kingdom!"
"No need to rush, I'll be here forever!"
"I demand results I can see with my eyes."
"I'm an educated fool with money on my mind!"
"You will know pain, you will know fear!"
"Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding! WHAT THE FOX SAY?"
"Quit now and cake will be served immediately."

Spells

Striker stamps his staff against the stone beneath him and a Gunpowder Keg drops down over or near your troops or hero. The Keg smokes for a few seconds then explodes causing heavy area damage to any troops near it.

Striker stamps his staff and a Smoke Bomb explodes on the path, covering enemies and making them immune to targeting for a few seconds.

Striker stamps his staff and a Ring of Fire burns itself into the path. Any enemies that touch the fire becomes enraged at their attack increases by 50% for a few seconds. The ring appears near soldiers so that enemies walk through the fire directly into combat.

Entry Three wrote:Stormcloud Peak

Environment:
Mountains

Terrain Features:
Ice: ice is present on some of the paths.
Goats: some goats are on the sides.
Ice Compound: the Commander of Battle is in a compound at the top of the map surrounded by ice spikes forming a barrier.
Ice Blocks: Blocks of ice are standing next to the paths.
Crazy Goat: a goat is running and charging into ice blocks, flipping them.

Description:
The Winter Lord has risen at Stormcloud Peak, wanting to cover the world in winter for eternity with his endless army. You must challenge him there and delay his arrival in Linirea for as long as possible!

Commander of Battle:
Winter Lord
Description: A tall man with a wooden staff that has a pure white crystal in the shape of a snowflake on it. He has a white fur-coat that covers his entire body.

Welcoming Quote:
"You thought you could even face the mighty winter? Sooner or later you will feel the icy touch of death."

Quotes:
"Nothing burns like the cold."
"I will blanket this world in eternal winter!"
"I will turn your blood to ice!"
"Death is cold."
"Freeze!"
"I am Iceborn."
"The world will be reborn in ice."

Miniboss:
Aisara
Description: A legendary ice warrior race from the north.
Appearance: An ice golem with ice spikes on his back. Instead of having hands his arms extend into a blade.
HP: 2200
Damage: 45-80, impales units with his blade-arm.
Amor Rating: None
Magic Resistance: None
Lives taken: 20

Enemy Spells:
Blizzard
Summons a blizzard in an area with enemies. It will take the enemies into it and move them forward at an average speed for some time. Any enemies in its way will be transported too.

Ice Spikes
Summons ice spikes under a barracks/the hero, dealing true damage instantly.

Glacial Crystal
Summons a diamond-shaped ice crystal in an area, granting extra armor to enemies in the area.

Enemies:
Recurring: Troll, Troll Champion, Troll Chieftain, Troll Pathdinder, Troll Breaker, Winter Wolf, Yeti, Giant Spider, Spider Matriarch, Son of Sarelgaz.

New:
Cielovog
Description: Giant birds of prey inhabiting the mountain regions.
Appearance: A snow-white bird with black markings.
HP: 325
Damage: None
Life cost: 1
Abilities: Flying

Areon
Description: Spirits of the winds that can turn into a tornado at will.
Appearance: A horse-like white creature.
HP: 275
Damage: None
Magic Resistance: Medium (50%)
Abilities: When in front of a hero or a barrack, will turn into a tornado, doubling his speed and becoming unblockable, until he has passed the hero/barrack.

Stormite
Description: Storm spirits who use lightning to kill their foes.
Appearance: A black wildcat with a yellow thunderbolt on its back.
HP: 350
Damage: 40-80, a lighting bolt strikes down his enemy from the sky.
Magic Resistance: High (80%)
Abilities: Immune to electricity
Whenever hit by electricity, its attack and speed will increase by 10%.

Petrandra
Description: Rock golems that have rosen from the heart of the mountains.
Appearance: A small, short golem made out of stone.
HP: 300
Damage: 10-25, hits with his closed fist.
Speed: Average
Amor Rating: High ( 70%)
Abilities: When not blocked, will turn into a rock and roll at a fast speed down the path. During this phase it is immune to all attacks.

Glasome
Description: Ice spirits inhabiting the far north.
Appearance: A light blue humanoid with a short ice dagger.
HP: 500
Damage: 22-66, attacks with his dagger.
Speed: Average
Amor Rating: Medium (40%)
Magic Resistance: Medium (40%)
Life cost: 2
Abilities: Gains a 10HP/s regeneration on ice.

Amplerda
Description: Earthen behemoths that crush everything in their path.
Appearance: A towering, large golem made of brown earth with short arms.
HP: 1750
Damage: 100-250, hits his head on ground in a small AoE.
Armor Rating: None
Life cost: 5
Abilities: Area Attack

Entry Four wrote:My entry for the Endless Mode Contest:
Name: The Endless Cavern
Environment: Underground
New Enemies:

1. Saurian Drake-Rider
HP: 320
Damage: 20-42
Armor/Resistance: Low Armor, Low Resistance
Description: Looks like a broodguard riding a small dragon, similar to a small version of Beresad.

2. Saurian Engineer
HP: 560
Damage: 50-55
Armor/Resistance: None
Ability: Will increase damage of nearby Saurians by 15 points
Description: A saurian with a metal backpack and steel claw attachments. The claw attachments also poke out of the pack.

3. Saurian Steelscale
HP: 240
Damage: 10-20
Armor/Resistance: High Armor, High Resistance
Description: A saurian clad in black and blue armor.

4. Saurian Pilot
HP: 300/400/500
Damage: 13-27/?/10-25
Armor/Resistance: Low Armor/Medium Armor/High Armor
Speed: Fast/Medium/Slow
Ability: Will come in three different vehicles: A glider, a small rocket, and a hovercopter.
Description: A saurian with yellow/black armor wearing a helmet that has a red visor.
The three modes each have their own special powers:

Glider: When defeated, the glider will crash and the Pilot will continue as a ground enemy with full health. It looks like a small backpack, and has metal spines stretching out. Between the spines is a glowing blue wing membrane.

Rocket: Will have a turbo booster similar to the Rocket Rider from KR. The rocket is gray, with glowing red lines running the length of it, and connecting at the cap.

Hovercopter: Has a barrack attack, similar to the Poukai Rider, except that it deals less damage and fires at the speed of a Ranger's Hideout. The appearance is a plane similar to the real-world V-22 Osprey, with green decals. A small minigun attached to the bottom of the chassis fires bullets.

5. Saurian MechWarrior
HP: 2500
Damage: 15-55
Armor/Magic Resistance: High Armor
Ability: Ranged
Description: A saurian clad in a gray suit pilots the mech within a small open cockpit located on the "head" of the vehicle. The mech has arms, used for melee, and glowing red eyes, which fire lasers as a ranged attack.

Recurring Enemies
1. S. Razorwing
2. S. Quetzal
3. S. Broodgaurd
4. S. Myrmidon
5. S. Blazefang
6. S. Nightscale
7. S. Darter
8. S. Brute
9. S. Savant
10. S. Deathcoil

Mini-Boss:

Saurian Hydra
HP: 1500
Damage: 10-45
No Armor/Magic Resistance
Ability: When health below 250 is reached, it splits into two copies with 650 health, and medium speed.

Commander: Saurian General

The General sits on a small chair on top of a gray and blue building built into the cave wall. When spells are used, small ports in the side of the building will open, and send out a drone to create the spell. Meanwhile, the General will click a button on a remote.
Quotes:
1. “You dare to fight the invincible Saurian Army? You shall perish before its might!”
2. “The weather today is dark, with a 100% chance of death!”
3. “You will never see daylight again!”
4. “You wish to live? I beg to differ.”

Spells:
1. Wrath of the Dragon: A small weapons rack, with a burning brazier at the top, is created. Saurian Units will get a fire effect for 20 seconds after passing by. The burn damage is about 10-20 dps for 5 seconds.
2. Plasma Bolt: Creates a thunderbolt which deals 150-200 damage in a small radius.
3. Hover Gliders: Deploys gliders which pick up enemies and make them act as flying enemies for 7 seconds.

Entry Five wrote:
A portal to the world of Saurians

Name : The glowing caverns
unlocked after defeating Umbra .

Description :
General! As Umbra was defeated and a smile appears on the faces of soldiers , the cavern started shacking , and the wall started shattering as a hole appeared leading into a huge cavern of blue glowing crystals , but as our soldiers were tired we can back home and sent a scout ... But it never came back. Go explore it yourself.

Environment :
It's based on the Underground environment , except that it has cyan glowing mushrooms and magical water springs , Here are some images to demonstrate this :

Commander Of battle :
A muscled , really big , bulky green-skinned Saurian . He sits on a throne made of blue crystals . With a sharp sword in his hand . His quotes explain that he isn't very serious when It comes to battles .
Quotes :
When you start the level : You didn't expect us to come didn't ya ?
Does my throne look familiar ? It's made of crystals , crystals we used to prison Umbra !
Where is the crystal ? The one Vez'nan stole from us , I know you have it ... WHERE IS IT ?
Were my traitors too easy for ya ? Try my full army !
I used to be a good guy like you , then I took an arrow in the knee .
My skin is as thick as steel
My sword is as sharp as diamonds
Behold , the fearsome Saurian army is coming !
I'm going to Crush you. And then there will be cake!

His quotes explain a bit of lore in KR , since it lacks a background story , it explains that the Saurians were good , they invented a magic crystal that Vez'nan ( And later on , Malagar ) stole . It also explains that the Saurians helping Malagar are traitors and rebels that turned against the Saurian empire .

Spells :
When using a spell , A saurian goes into the general . Then the leader shouts something to him and he leaves , after 2 seconds the spell activates .
1 ) Saurian training camps : Appears in a random place in the battlefield . Looks like a camping tent , but has a flag with a sword ( looks the same as The general's ) , the camping tent summons a random saurian ( Big enemies - Saurian brutes for example - are not included ) every second , it has a health bar and soldiers will try to attack it , if 3 soldiers block it at the same time it can no longer summon enemies , Reinforcements and heroes ( and summoned allies ) also can block tents , but skeletons can't .
2 ) Mushroom shields : All enemies within a range are equipped with Mushroom shields ( which of course also glow in the dark ;) ) , these protect from all ranged projectiles and have a durability of 1500 health . but blocked enemies with stunning / Soldiers are not protected by the shields .
3 ) Crystal shards : Crystals come out of the ground insta-killing all soldiers in a small range , but there is a warning as the place starts shacking .

Miniboss :
Saurian whiper : What a catchy name :?
Health : 4500 / 6500 / 8500 .
Spawn : Inlike Anoobis , only 1 spawns each 10 waves
Damage : 250 / 450
Armor : Medium
Speed : Slow / high
Lives taken : 20
Bounty : 400
He looks like a Saurian brute but a bit bigger and has blue whips . He attacks the same way as the brute , the damage increases the more he strikes .
Abilities : Rage : When the Saurian Whiper reaches half his health , he becomes fast and you can NOT block him with soldiers or heroes , but he will still wave his Whips like crazy hitting every soldier in front of him .

Enemies :
All enemies from the Saurian levels will appear in this endless challenge in addition to :
Saurian portaller :
HP : 550 / 850 / 1150
Damage : 12 / 24
Armor rating : normal Magic resistance
Speed : Slow
Lives taken : 3
Bounty : 25
Abilities : Portal : The saurian opens a portal , the 6 to 10 incoming Saurians will all enter the portal and exit on another side of the battlefield . And to add some reference easter eggs , the two portal sides are blue and yellow .
Saurian Shielder :
HP : 2400 / 2800 / 3200
Damage : 6 / 12
Armor rating : Great
Lives taken : 5
Bounty : 60
Abilities : Shield : The shield he uses has magic properties that force all towers to focus fire on him , barracks aren't affected though . Incase of having two Shielders at the same time in range of a tower , the nearest one to the exit is chosen . As you see in the image below , the tower attacks the Shielder even if there are enemies infront of him near the exit .
Saurian Commander :
HP : 800 / 1200 / 1600
Damage : 4 / 8
Armor rating : None
Lives taken : 5
Bounty : 100
Abilities : Aura : Every Saurian enemy near the Commander AND the command will be buffed , gaining a boost in speed , damage , Armor both physical and magical, and will gain a passive health regeneration .
Groups : The Saurian commander usually enters the battlefield surrounded by a huge group of high tier soldiers including Shielders , these are also affected by his buff , Although this enemy is rare .
He looks like a Saurian Myrmidon but without the sword holding the same flag as the one on the training tents spell , this flag is what's causing the buffs .
Saurian Slaves :
HP : 210 / 240 / 300
Damage : 0 / 0
Armor rating : None
Speed : Normal
Lives taken : 1
Bounty : 5
The captured traitors that turned against the Saurian empire and decided to help Malagar , are now slaved and sent to the battlefield tied , they work as a meat shield of the Saurian army , they usually come out in big waves soaking all the damage while other enemies are getting closer to the battlefield .
Abilities : None

Entry Six wrote:Scorched Plains of Yor

It seems evil does not rest. A new power has risen in the wastelands. A mad dwarf named Zogor has claimed the Sword Throne of Yor and stolen a Hellgate. He has surmised a formidable army of loyal minions, demons, and the undead.

Now he threatens to decimate the kingdoms. Go east mighty general and stop this maniac before it's too late.

Environment: The Wastes.

There are three paths. A Sword throne that bares resemblance to the Iron Throne sits on top a pool of lava. Two Dwarf Mystics stand beside the throne. A Dwarf with a malicious sneer sits on the throne with a rusty and jagged crown on his head. The dwarf has a black braided beard and holds an ax across his legs. One corner of the screen has a draw bridge over a moat of lava that leads into an ancient crumbling palace. A hell gate like the one in the rotten forest stands on the other side of the screen. Pentagrams are on the pathways that can also spawn demons.

Enemies:

Wulf
Worg
Dark Knight
Dark Slayer
Gargoyle
Rocket Rider
Dark Slayer
Demon Spawn
Demon Lord
Demon Hound
Demon Imp
Skeleton
Skeleton Knight
Necromancer
Magma Elemental
Demon Legion
Flareon
Gulaemon
Cerberus

New Enemies

Dreadnaught Flyers
These warriors are fused with the latest dwarf shock armor. After maintaining a portion of damage, these elite troops take to the air to evade attacks.

Hp: 500
Lives: 2
Armor: medium
Magic Resistance: medium
Attack Damage: 300-350
Speed: medium
Abilities: when they loose 30% of their health they fly to the exit.

Boomer & Buster
These enemies always travel as a pair. Busters are outfitted in heavy support armor, allowing them tower over there enemies. Armed with war wrenches, busters clear enemies with a sweep of their hand. Boomers on the other hand are small deviants that ride on a Busters back. Boomers carry dynamite and explode themselves and your soldiers when engaged in combat.

Boomer
Hp: 100
Lives: 1
Armor: none
Attack Damage: 250 area damage (when exploded)
Speed: fast
Abilities: explodes when engaged in combat.

Buster
Hp: 1600
Lives: 2
Armor: high
Magic Resistance: none
Attack Damage: 90-140
Abilities: Will lob a boomer over a group of your soldiers

Sludge Demon
A disgusting beast of rot and ooze, Sludge demons have mangled and bloated bodies filled with noxious acid. They can hurl chunks of ooze from their mouths that sticks to enemies and leaches their health. Upon death sludge demons explode into a puddle of excrement that heals fellow demons.

Hp: 420
Attack Damage: 80-100
Ranged Attack Damage: 50-80 area damage
Speed: medium
Abilities: ranged attack, ooze left after death heals enemies (lasts 6 seconds)

Gurggles
Small ferocious demons that travel in dense hordes. Gurggles are more teeth than body. These demons hurl themselves at enemies leaving nothing behind.

Hp: 50
Attack Damage: 8-15
Speed: fast
Abilities: none

Corpse Lord
A supreme necromancer can become a Corpse Lord by making a pack with an Archdemon. They ride into battle on fell bulls, and can summon necromancers out of thin air. Just one Corpse Lord can fill the battlefield with the reanimated dead.

Hp: 2000
Lives: 5
Magic Resistance: high
Attack Damage: 110-130
Speed: slow
Abilities: ranged attack, can raise 2-3 necromancers at a time.

Mini Boss:

Bollog
Towering beasts of flame and shadow, Bollogs were thought to have been lost to the ages. Now it seems that they serve Zogor in his campaign to control the kingdoms. Complete with fire whips and flame swords, Bollogs are a head to toe monstrosity.

Hp: 2500
Lives: 20
Attack Damage: 30-70
Speed: slow
Abilities: fire whip does an area attack on all warriors within reach.

Commander of the Battle:
Zogor the Mad Dwarf King

(Zogor believes himself a direct descendent of the rulers of Yor, a war kingdom that was defeated and destroyed in the First Age after they attempted to seize control of all the other kingdoms.)

Quotes:

“You dare to stand against me when I sit upon the throne of Yor. Face the wrath of ten-thousand swords.”
(opening quote)

“Bring your pretty face to my axe.”

“You'll find more cheer in a graveyard.”

“Give me gold, give me gold, give me gold.”

“Fire and ruin will befall thee.”

“Hail the new King of Yor.”

“You simply resist the inevitable.”

“I am death.”

Enemy Spells:

Power of Pompeii: Zogor has one of his mystics summon pillars of magma to encompass and disable a tower for extended periods of time. 20 seconds

Supply Drop: Zogor orders his air support to drop off supplies. Enemies passing near one receive an upgrade to their armor. Low to medium, medium to high, etc. (great doesn't change)
Supply drop is carried in on a plane like the one a fat boy is carried on.
Looks like a rusty weapon rack with armor and shields on it.

Gold Lust: Zogor sends out hoarders, small gnomish creatures. The hoarders power a machine that steals 50% of the bounty from all slain enemies in an area for 10 seconds.
Last edited by RaZoR LeAf on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes it's me

by Ashbite » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:56 pm

Entry 1 (tmn loveblue?) is pretty original and fits well with Shadowmoon, but one thing I don't like is the presence of both KR and KRF enemies. I very much like the fear concept.
Entry 2 (RaZoR LeAf?)is situated at a place on the map which has plenty of possibilities, and a rebel king is a food idea. The enemies are original too.
Entry 4 (AerisDraco?) has some new Saurian ideas, but these are standard damage-buffers, riders etc..., I feel it is lacking some originality. Why does the miniboss have abilities?
Entry 5 (wailwail?) uses Saurians too. The plot is original. Again, the enemies are not that new, but the portaller is a good concept.
Entry 6 (Esh?) I don't realise why a mad dwarf would lead Demons and the Dark Knights. It doesn't make much sense to me. I also dislike the idea of summoning high HP enemies. However the two enemies concept is awesome.
I'm voting for number 1.
Last edited by Ashbite on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

A villain dies a thousand times, a hero only once.

:veznan: :sheep: :veznan:
User

by Cheesecake » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:34 pm

Deleted first 2 comments so that the list of entries would be the first comment.
If you need something done if the Fan Fiction section, please bother me with it so I feel important.
If you don't know who that is, I'll kill you.
Indiana Jones hero made by RazorLeaf :D :D :D

by Finwer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:09 am

I voted for the 2nd entry :)
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:16 pm

I've had to edit Entry Four, on the grounds that I said I would accept edits up to the closing date. Next time I run a contest, we don't start until the closing date is reached.

Since I know who made all the entries, I wont comment on what I think of each entry until AFTER a winner has been announced.
Yes it's me

by tmn loveblue » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:39 am

I like Baron Von Striker best. He has great personality and basic, but unique skills. His army is diversed and atmospheric. I am voting for him.
User

by Ashbite » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Aaaaaand Entry 2 wins.

Mine was nº3. Thanks for my four votes!
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Okay, so since that's the third contest in a row I've won, I wont take part in the next one.

Sorry.
Yes it's me

by Ashbite » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:08 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Okay, so since that's the third contest in a row I've won, I wont take part in the next one.

Sorry.

:lol: :lol:

User

by Finwer » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:55 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Okay, so since that's the third contest in a row I've won, I wont take part in the next one.

Sorry.

*high five*
RAZOR LEAF THE BEST :yey:
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:10 pm

OK, so my thoughts on each entry.

Banished Plain (tmn loveblue)
This was my second favourite entry. I really liked the new enemies and the battle commander was cool. I also liked the fact that it had both enemies from Blackburn and Shadowmoon. What stopped me from voting for it though was the addition of Fear. On the line, it's a great idea and something that would work brilliantly under normal circumstances. But I felt it was a little too overpowered to be in an Endless level on its own, especially with a spell causing it, plus several enemies inflicting it. The mini-boss having an ability was a factor, and the biggest issue I had was the graveyard. Summoning of skeletons and Skeleton Knights as they do in KR when a humanoid character dies. This would overwhelm the map so quickly it would be unreal.

The Royal Bridge
This was my entry, as previously stated. Baron Von Striker is based on the Marvel villain Baron Von Strucker (Leader of HYDRA), and as I figured most people would go for the non-human places to have an endless level, I chose to stick exclusively with the human vagrants occupying a city. Which evidently turned out well for me.

Stormcloud Peak (Ashbite)
My voted for level. I liked the enemies, especially the Tesla beating Stormite. The other enemies were all original too and the commander's spells were simple and effective. An ice level had been my first choice when planning, but I dropped it early on due to a shortness of ideas. My only concern would be the Trolls regen ability making the level more difficult.

The Endless Cavern (AerisDraco)
One of two Saurian levels, which is a pity. When there's two entries on the same subject it gets harder to pick a favourite. The Saurin Pilot should be three different enemies if they all have different stats. Again, the mini-boss shouldn't have any abilities in line with Anoobis and HobChief (but perhaps that should have been specified in the contest guidelines).

The Glowing Caverns (wailwail)
I liked the images that just gave an idea as to the appearance of the level, and the idea of the Saurians being traitors was quite interesting. The Skyrim line was a neat touch, very Ironhide. The training camp spell is a bit overpowered, and the mini-bosses ability (again!) is VERY overpowered. I can't imagine ever winning when it's on 10,000 HP and is completely un-blockable surrounded by enemies drawing the fire of the towers. But I did like the Saurian Slaves.

Scorched Plains of Yor (Esh)
First off, the Demons' infernal combustion would make soldiers utterly useless as they would be dying left right and centre. A dwarf seems like an odd choice to be leading demons and it just looks like it has been tacked on to a level that didn't have a better idea. As with the first entry, this level runs the risk of being overwhelmed by skeletons and Skeleton Knights, if the mini-boss is summoning three Necromancers apiece, and waves include the same enemies too.
Yes it's me

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:15 am

I hope my reviews of the submissions are not taken too harshly and serve as constructive criticism instead. Here are my thoughts:

Entry 1: I voted for this because of 3 main reasons:
1) The spells were very creative and make a larger impact on the level as a whole
2) The enemies and leader were very creative as well, and remained memorable to me.
3) Opposite to what Razor said, I found the appearance of a graveyard making the stage exponentially difficult to be a good things. This separates the stage from other Endless Mode by making this the obviously harder one, so that players had equal incentive to play either stage. I feel like this wasn't the exact intention, but the outcome remains the same so I voted for this.

Entry 2: This was high on my list, as well, but I felt drawn away from it due to a few problems. Having bandits and humans is ok, but I wished for some more innovation with the opportunities. War machines, special man-made traps, or anything else to add other stuff to the battlefield was something that I really looked forward to. I can envision this map in later stages to be filled to the brim with people of such similar appearances that it would be very displeasing to the eye. Siege weaponry or anything else similar would've made this feel like an all-out war between this obviously massive band of thieves that have withstood so many battles, and the more organized army of Linirea and all of their supporting allies. That, and the lack of better spells drew me away from it. Improving on each would've made it my vote for sure, especially because of a couple of good enemies and nice quotes. Still a great entry, and I can see why it won.

Entry 3: My second choice for sure. The enemies were my favorite, along with the quotes, making the villain seem the most evil, which is always fun! :twisted: The spells were forgettable, but it was just enjoyable to read due to all the other imaginative creatures and design of the villian. The large variety of trolls and spiders make it easy for me to realize how difficult it would be to find the right balance of towers for this horde with counters to pretty much everything. Good job for making it so hard to choose between this and #1. :D

Entry 4: Another really good one! The enemies were all something special, and I especially like the miniboss. The bosses having abilities doesn't bother me at all, and in fact feels more creative that they all have something unique about them. The spells are really awesome and make sense, plus those lines to add fun-ness to the villain that reminds me of those old 90's cartoons that had bad guys who were jerks but still evil in the best way. All-around great entry!

Entry 5: IT HAS LORE!!! :o HUGE bonus points for a storyline to go with it. I'm a sucker for a good story. :roll: The enemies were pretty good, although not at the level of 2 and 4's enemies. I really wanted to like this one a lot for the great introduction of the villain and the lore behind it, but it lacks the fairness that the game has. The Whipper is just plain OP. He is unstoppable past a certain point that gets there too fast. While I appreciated the difficulty implemented in other entries, the miniboss just threw me off. The rest, however, has nice thought put into it. The shielder isn't the most original idea, but it was implemented well, despite having the slaves fulfill the same purpose. Those slaves do add a bit of lore as well, and the spells are really cool since some can be cancelled. Another really cool concept that would've made my top 3 if it didn't have the Whipper.

Entry 6: The Dwarf as the commander is so close to being a good idea! Being short, yet still having that sneer and those cool quotes make him seem like an overconfident commander who thinks he's powerful when it's really his army that gives him strength. It gave a nice atmosphere, but came crashing when it left out the logic.If there was a level description to go with it, explaining why the dwarf leads these demons, it would've shown more effort and kept the flow of these going nicely. The enemies are a nice touch, and the Corpse Lord is the best implementation of an "uber-Necromancer" that I've seen as of yet. The enemy names are weird and catchy, along with some nice ideas for abilities. The spells add to the dwarf nicely, making me want to like him even more. A zany idea that, with a few tweaks, could be imaginable in the game very easily and would've had the best villain of them all. Still a good entry in my opinion. :)
BBB

by Ashbite » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:23 am

Trivia:
"Nothing burns like the cold."
Said by Gareth in A Game of Thrones.
"I will blanket this world in eternal winter!"
A take on a quote by Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin. The original quote is "I will blanket this city in eternal winter!"
"I will turn your blood to ice!"
Said by Mr. Freeze in Batman: Arkham City when you are killed by him.
"Death is cold."
The other line said by Mr. Freeze in Batman: Arkham City when you are killed by him.
"Freeze!"
A phrase meaning "Stop".
"I am Iceborn."
A quote from Lissandra in League of Legends.
"The world will be reborn in ice."
Another quote from Lissandra.

Again, thanks to everyone who voted for me. I'm planning to take the enemies and expand this in an actual campaign. I'm glad you like them, my goal was ro make enemies forcing you to have a large variety of towers (Petrandra needing Barracks, Stormite immune to Teslas, etc...)

Also, @BBB, I disagree with saying the graveyzrd would be good. My main problem is that Blackburn/Shadowmoon have no graveyards.

User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Ashbite wrote:Also, @BBB, I disagree with saying the graveyzrd would be good. My main problem is that Blackburn/Shadowmoon have no graveyards.

I assume this game takes place in KR, in which skeletons exist as enemies,mans actually appear as enemies in Blakcburn. I think it's a nice touch. It kind of forces you to get 4th tier artillery tower, which is a big investment, especially in a money-tight mission like Endless Mode. It could easily just be added on, and if the devs themselves did it, we'd have no problem with it other than saying, "Urgh! That graveyard makes the mission so hard!" Besides "fitting in", what other problems do you have with the graveyard?
BBB

by Ashbite » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:46 pm

…Already said. Neither campaign has any.

PS YES I gueessed all the people who made entries correctly.

User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Ashbite wrote:…Already said. Neither campaign has any.

PS YES I gueessed all the people who made entries correctly.

Just because the campaign doesn't have it isn't a valid reason. The graveyard still matches with the theme of "monsters and wolves and undead, oh my!" so I'd say that it still makes tons of sense in the mission. ;)
BBB

by Ashbite » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:17 pm

I disagree. You might as well say that as a reason of putting Greenfins in Cavern stages.

User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:19 pm

Ashbite wrote:I disagree. You might as well say that as a reason of putting Greenfins in Cavern stages.

That's very different: Greenfins are fish, Saurians are reptiles. But: Skeletons are undead, and zombies and abominations are undead. It still fits.
BBB

by Simmonds91 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:38 pm

I have to agree with BBB here, just because other maps don't have a graveyard doesn't mean it shouldn't exist, i mean the dark tower that allows you to recruit a frankenstein monster only exists in.. Bonesburg? Taking your logic ashbite, because it only appears in bonesburg then it shouldnt appear at all.

Honestly i would like to see a variety of enemy spawners like the graveyard that activate in the same way, because as annoying as they are, they are pretty smart.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Next