SLAUGHTER SLAUGHTER SLAUGHTER!

Anything and everything.

Re: SLAUGHTER SLAUGHTER SLAUGHTER!

by xstargaming » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:40 pm

Moving swiftly, I float on winds to the river. After reaching the location of the pipes, I begin to send a network of pure mana through each. Something subtle, yet more than competent. After a minute or so, cracks appear at last!

Luckily, with the Avatar occupied, I am able to force torrents of power through the web, shattering the pipelines. The soul-draining pipes disintegrate; at first being broken by my initial burst, then turned to dust by the raw energies channeled through them.

Now for the next step:

ʏɮ ȶǟoɮrɛwօք, ɛlɮiƈrօʄ ʏʟʟǟռrɛtɛ, ǟyǟʍ ֆɨsɛɦȶ ɦtɨʍsɖrօա ɖnɨɮ ɛlɮǟrɛʟօtռɨ ʟǟƈiɢǟʍ.

ʟǟɦtɛʟ ƈiɢlǟyʍ ʟǟʍrօʄ ɛlɮǟtօռ ɛɮ ʀɛhƈuօȶ ʏɮ ʟǟuȶɨrɨքֆ ʄʄօ ɛʀtǟɛɦȶ ȶǟeɮdǟeɖ, ռɨlǟnɛrɖǟrօռ ɛʀtǟɛɦȶ ɢnɨɦƈrǟɛsʟuօֆ ʄʄօ ɛʀtǟɛɦȶ ֆɛkǟsʀօʄ ɨtɛʏ ɖǟօȶ ռɛsɨʀ ռuɨrɛvɨʀ ɛkǟtʀǟք ɛrօʄɛɮ ƈiɢlǟyʍ օɢɖnǟhƈuօȶ.

Then, promptly, I jump into the river; there are still more pipes to be destroyed at the bottom.
User

by YourNewOverlord » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:55 am

(okay what language was that and what did it mean?)
So what'd I miss?
User

by Chimto » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:39 am

That's a bunch of IPA symbols without any meaning whatsoever.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by YourNewOverlord » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:21 am

Ah, thank you.
However, I'm assuming he at least had some intent behind it, so I'd like to know what you're trying to do, xstar.
So what'd I miss?
User

by benni369 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:30 am

Chimto wrote:That's a bunch of IPA symbols without any meaning whatsoever.

I think it's actually the language that Xstar made, I can't find the link to the translator.
Juice Box wrote:I HAVE NO FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU ALL SUCK.

Image Awesome stone golem made by FastAndBlast. (Thank you! :D )
User

by xstargaming » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:00 am

YourNewOverlord wrote:Ah, thank you.
However, I'm assuming he at least had some intent behind it, so I'd like to know what you're trying to do, xstar.

http://www.xstargaming.com/Z'il'lizarek ... slator.htm

There's the translator. Technically, the words would do nothing, lest I hadn't said the first part: "Bind magic to these words", or something of the like. :)

You'll have to put that into the Z'il'lizarek part of the translator, then take the resulting normal text and put it into the Z'il'lizarek part of the translator to get a result. A few words may be off, just to warn you. :D
User

by MechaNecromancer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:56 pm

"No!They can't destroy the avatar."A loud,cold,almost robotic voice said that.I was confused,because it felt more like a thought than an actual person speaking.My confusion only grew and grew.It was almost like a shadow covering me.My worst fears rose.
I fell on my knees.
-What is happe...AHHHHH!
I felt a pain on my back,like a battering ram had hit me.I was unable to control my movements or even think.I fought as hard as I could againt this evil influence,but it was too strong.
And then I gave up.It was all that it needed.Someone,or something,now controlled my mind.
"You are mine now."The voice in my head sounded strangelly familiar,but if I tried to think about it,the thought would vanish as fast as it appeared.Then.I could only watch as my body was controlled by this outside force.
And then I remembered.The truth hit me like a hammer.
"Indeed it's me."The voice said."Highlich Morgaeron,your former master."
I watched in horror as he advanced in large steps against Overlord.

(Since Morgaeron is my character,I think it's fair for me to have some control upon him.His plans are to escape the world of the dead when the Avatar breaks the barrier between the worlds,and he thinks he can trick the Avatar and become ruler of everything.)
User

by Zonoro13 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:22 pm

MechaNecromancer wrote:"No!They can't destroy the avatar."A loud,cold,almost robotic voice said that.I was confused,because it felt more like a thought than an actual person speaking.My confusion only grew and grew.It was almost like a shadow covering me.My worst fears rose.
I fell on my knees.
-What is happe...AHHHHH!
I felt a pain on my back,like a battering ram had hit me.I was unable to control my movements or even think.I fought as hard as I could againt this evil influence,but it was too strong.
And then I gave up.It was all that it needed.Someone,or something,now controlled my mind.
"You are mine now."The voice in my head sounded strangelly familiar,but if I tried to think about it,the thought would vanish as fast as it appeared.Then.I could only watch as my body was controlled by this outside force.

(Since Morgaeron is my character,I think it's fair for me to have some control upon him.His plans are to escape the world of the dead when the Avatar breaks the barrier between the worlds,and he thinks he can trick the Avatar and become ruler of everything.)

How is Highlich in this precinct? He's trapped in the next one, fighting Yrael.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by MechaNecromancer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:
MechaNecromancer wrote:"No!They can't destroy the avatar."A loud,cold,almost robotic voice said that.I was confused,because it felt more like a thought than an actual person speaking.My confusion only grew and grew.It was almost like a shadow covering me.My worst fears rose.
I fell on my knees.
-What is happe...AHHHHH!

How is Highlich in this precinct? He's trapped in the next one, fighting Yrael.

Exactly.He is using his mind to control MechaNecromancer and attack you indirectly.
User

by Zonoro13 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:42 pm

MechaNecromancer wrote:Exactly.He is using his mind to control MechaNecromancer and attack you indirectly.

You're also in Highlich's precinct, aren't you? If he's controlling you, he still can't get through, because a) even if he's using your body, he's the one moving it, so he couldn't get through the gate and b) Yrael would simply kill you both while Highlich is possessing you. Your last post said he summoned you to death, so you must be on his side of the gate. If Highlich could summon dead and necromancers outside to other precincts then all of
Death would be at war.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by YourNewOverlord » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:31 am

(I'm afraid Zonoro is right- you both would need to fight Yrael off before you could get to this fight, or wait for the Avatar to break one of the gates so you can get through. Never fear, though- there are events in motion that'll probably get you into the fight soon enough.)

(Xstar- as far as I can tell, it's a protection spell from the dead in the river. With something about transvestites.)

The Avatar lets out a howl of rage and pain as the pipes shatter and Zonoro's bindings begin to take effect. Xstar darts below the water, smashing the last of the soul pipes, and the Avatar's influx of power stops. It whirls, looking for a way out, but the bindings are too tight.

Desperate, it lets out a banshee-like shriek towards Zonoro, but a quick flourish on the piano keys blocks the attack.

The Avatar turns back to me, glaring, and the sheer mental force emanating from it is almost enough to knock me unconscious. Images, ideas, flash unbidden in my mind. The Avatar's last attempt to escape.

It wants to reconnect with the Organ music, let its own power and consciousness flow out of its body and return to the Organ, its original, imprisoned form.

Give itself time to rebuild, start again.

If it succeeds, trapping the body will be meaningless- a delaying tactic at best.

But I have stopped it there as well- my piano music encircling its mind, cutting it off from the rest of the Organ music.

And so it has turned to me. Pressing, attacking, pushing, doing anything it can.

To break my concentration and let it return to the Organ, or to fully invade my mind and possess me as the new Avatar. The sheer strain of holding it back makes it feel like my mind is being torn in half. It is screaming in my ears, but I keep playing. Have to keep focusing.

Focus on why it can't win.

Because if it does, the world will be destroyed. I like the world. I rule a good portion of it.

It will not get out because I will protect the planet I want to rule. Mine.

The strain does not lessen. The howling is getting louder, it's getting harder to focus.

Because if it possess me, I will be destroyed. The howling lessens.

And then, shortly afterward, it will use its full power to eliminate Zonoro and Xstar for good.

The howling intensifies to a new degree, and I almost give in at that thought. Almost think it would be worth all of it to destroy them.

But then...
I think just how much more satisfying it will be, once the Ghost Organ's conscious state is imprisoned, to use my piano to take the full power of the unoccupied instrument for myself, and eliminate Zonoro and Xstar of my own accord.

A blast of pure, evil, maniacal glee floods my mind, and with this new strength, the strain is gone. I shove the Avatar out of my mind, laughing maniacally as I do. Seconds later, Zonoro's spell is complete. The Avatar of the Ghost Organ is sucked into an inescapable prison, leaving behind all of its raw power and an entire precinct for me to control. I keep laughing, my piano music getting louder, slowly shifting as the organ pipes begin to play along with it. I can hear the music filling my mind, but this time there's no reason not to lose myself in it. There's no guiding force to control me. Just power. Sheer, undiluted power, and it's all mine.

I float the piano back, out of range of Zonoro and Xstar. The ground shakes as giant organ pipes break out, blaring music, knocking my nemesis and his mentor back just from the sheer volume of the music.

It's almost done. The precinct will be mine. It's time to end this.

"Goodbye, Zonoro," I say, my voice reverberating through the pipes. They move back, ready to crush my two foes.

A colossal spear flies through my piano, snapping the strings. The music stops, the pipes stop moving, and there is an explosion of sound. I go flying, landing in the river some distance away. I can feel the power draining out of me, and I panic. I was so close- I almost had them! What happened?

I turn, still dazed, and see the King of Death standing in front of the seventh gate, holding another spear. With an almost casual gesture, he swipes the spear through the gate, and the gate dissolves. All the gates dissolve.

For the cataclysmic destruction of a crucial part of reality, the obliteration of all the gates is surprisingly underwhelming. There is silence, and a sense that something of incredible value has been permanently lost.

When the silence ends, however, the giant army of the dead marching through the seventh gate is not underwhelming in any way. Countless dead in varying degrees of strength, and the lords of all the previous six precincts. I gasp as I recognize the Shadow from Outside of Time marching in behind a fearsome-looking dracolich. In the distance, I can hear the sounds of Highlich's army rushing up from where the eighth gate used to be.

Another spear materializes in the hand of the King of the Dead, and he gestures at the three of us, scattered across the river.

"None shall escape this place," the King of the Dead hisses, blue fire flashing in his eye sockets. "Dimension Lock."

I can feel any potential escape routes closing- the King somehow locked down the ENTIRE land of the dead. Nobody is getting in or out.

"Now," the King says. "Destroy them."

And just like that, the full force of the army of the dead descends on us.
So what'd I miss?
User

by xstargaming » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:54 am

I really need to fix that translator... It's supposed to say this: :lol:

By power, forces eternal, let these words bind into magic let my form.

Let me not be touched by spirits of the dead, nor the souls of the forsaken yet to rise. River part before my touch.
User

by MechaNecromancer » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:55 pm

(Ok.I'm redoing my post.Let's pretend this happened before the dimension lock.)
I only looked as my master,or former master,fought against the spellcaster known as Yrael.It was a really balanced fight.
"That's probably why he called me there."I thought.
I dodged a bolt of darkness that came against me.Now that I was personally facing my master,fear began to control me.
"He may be a monster,but he's a powerful monster.I'll need to obey him,for now."
Both mages fired a spell bolt and the bolts collided,creating a large explosion of energy.I was thrown back by the explosion,but Yrael and the Highlich seemed to be unaffected.
A hand grabbed my arm.I suddenly turned back to face Cazar,my trusted servant.
-Cazar?!What in the hell,or rather the hells,are you doing here?
Cazar stared me with his cold dead eyes.
-I was summoned by our master.Like the others.
The truth hit me like a rock.
It was his plan all along.
To bring all the necromancers all in one place and finally end the fight with Yrael.I looked around me.More confused necromancers and undead rose from the ground.Highlich and Yreal continued to fight fiercely.The lich fired a dark bolt that he used like a whip,but Yrael created a bubble of pure magic to protect himself.Cracks began to appear.Yrael raised his arms and the bubble expanded,throwing all of us back,except the Highlich.His plan was to stop the reinforcerments from rallying,and it was working.
Suddenly,I saw the gates open at the same time.And the dead stopped coming,even though I knew there were more necromancers.Yrael was distracted by a split second.
It was all that the Highlich needed.He shouted,and we understood.Each necromancer,undead,demon,whatever,attacked Yrael at the same time.Continous bolts of darkness went against him,but he created another bubble of pure magic to protect himself.
It was enough.It held their attacks for a while,all of the fighters,including Yrael,fell to their knees in exhaustion.
Except me.
I drew my sword and walked calmly towards the weakened Yrael.He forced himself to get up and fired a bolt against me,but I deflected it with my staff.He was too tired to do any real damage.
I stabbed the ground with my sword.The rock turned dark,and the dark turned into obsidian.Slowly,those shadows engulfed Yrael,turning into obsidian as they touched his flesh.I saw him preparing to cast a spell,fireball already in hand.Before I could react,he threw it at Cazar.
Poor Cazar didn't have a chance to defend himself.The fireball was actually aimed at Highlich,but my master dodged it by teleporting to the right.It instead exploded on Cazar,killing him instantly.
The spell drained all of Yrael's energy and he was engulfed by obsidian.Since we were in the world of the dead,he couldn't die.So I trapped him instead.But Cazar had no soul or a link to the mortal world.He basically died while already dead.
Morgaeron(Highlich)let out a scream of triumph.He rallied his troops and prepared to march to aid the Avatar.
-Now I can meet some long lost friends.-The Lich said.-But,especially,enemies.
He raised his staff,made of bones of dracolichs,and fired at Yrael.A bubble formed around him,and a beam came against him.I knew the spell.A bubble to isolate any reactions,and a beam to suck the power of the victim.
He was now the owner of that precint.
And then he marched.
User

by YourNewOverlord » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:10 pm

And now, for the good of the public, a brief description of the forces assembled for the coming battle.

NPCs-

The King of The Dead- More of a god than a king, really. Immortal and basically invincible. Came out of a different dimension to rule the land of the dead for his own purposes. If all the rulers of all the precincts teamed up to fight him, they would lose. He's really freaking overpowered. Can shapeshift, but commonly takes the form of a pitch-black skeleton wreathed in flames, as he has now. Destroyed all the gates with ease. Seriously, you aren't going to beat this guy.

Lunox- Ruler of/prisoner in the First Precinct. Imprisoned for attempting to remove all evil from the world... by trying to kill anyone who had ever had an "evil" thought. I.E. everyone, ever. It has a very loose definition of "evil." Has light powers, giant angel wings, armor. Calm, peaceful, absurdly dangerous.

The Ghoul- Ruler of/prisoner in the Second Precinct. An incredibly evil spirit, originally killed during Lunox's original purge that managed to draw other evil spirits to it and absorb them. Eventually also drew bodies to it, giving it a physical form of constantly regenerating, reanimated flesh. Has way too many limbs and teeth for comfort. Can absorb the souls of villainous characters, if it so chooses.

The Shadow from Outside of Time- Ruler of/prisoner in the Third Precinct. Remember my cape, the one that can form armor, swords, or let me go incorporeal? It's a weakened, non-sentient version of this thing. A huge shapeshifting shadow, in addition to becoming solid or incorporeal at will, it can also mimic the abilities of those around it. Once allowed a part of itself to be a Zonoro copy after I summoned it. We both defeated it after being sucked outside of time, so it has a particular grudge against us.

Paradox- Ruler of/prisoner in the Fourth Precinct. The spirit of plotlines that never were, Paradox can manipulate time, and also summon beings from realities that could have been. Might, at one point, have been my mysterious ally and also me from the future. But that's a plotline that never was, so we can't really know.

The Demon Lord- Ruler of/prisoner in the Sixth Precinct. Formerly ruled the realm of demons. Really doesn't like me, due to me constantly conquering his realm and summoning his subjects, but has some significant amount of power. Hellfire, soul-eating, the usual.

The Ghost Organ- Former ruler of/prisoner in the Seventh Precinct. Imprisoned in a jar thanks to the combined effort of Zonoro, Xstar, and myself. His power (and the control of this precinct) is ripe for the taking.

Highlich Morgaeron- Newly minted ruler of/prisoner in the Eight Precinct. A very powerful lich. I used to work for him, before I betrayed and destroyed him twice, with the help of Zonoro, and, in the end, Mecha. Immune to all the usual ways of dealing with the reanimated.

The Whisper- Contested ruler of/prisoner in the Ninth Precinct. A ghost with a mind controlling voice. Annoyingly skilled at possession. It'll get to this fight eventually.

Army of the Dead- Assembled by The King of the Dead and the rulers of the precincts, this contains every undead being ever, in every conceivable level of power. Came here specifically to make sure Zonoro, Xstar and I never leave the land of the dead. All the rulers of the precincts have been allowed to move between precincts for this goal as well.

Highlich's Army- A bunch of necromancers and undead specifically working for Highlich. They also want to kill us.

The Whisper's Army- A bunch of sorcerers and undead under the control of the whisper. Want to kill us, just like everyone else.

People-
Mechanecromancer- Forced into Highlich's army, working for him out of fear. Kind of sort of allies and also enemies with me. End goals are unknown.

Xstar- The most powerful mage the living world has ever seen. The only one of us here that the King of the Dead probably can't one-shot. Probably not feeling very charitable towards me, since I just betrayed and tried to kill him.

Zonoro- My nemesis. Pyromancer, wizard, warrior, irritatingly persistent force for good. Got us into this mess by dragging us into the land of the dead in the first place with that magic bell of his. Also not feeling charitable towards me right now, for the same reason as Xstar. Plus everything else I've done to him ever. Has slightly less personal enemies in the assembled army than I do.

Overlord (Me)- Evil ruler of a good portion of the planet. Also kind of at fault for this whole mess, since I woke up the Ghost Organ trying to kill Zonoro. At the Ghost Organ's defeat, I tried to take its power for myself and destroy Zonoro and Xstar once and for all, but the arrival of the King of the Dead stopped that from happening. I'd still like to do that, if I can, but there are rather more important things on my mind. Namely, survival.

SO ENDS THE RECAP/INFO DUMP! LET THE FINAL BATTLE FOR THE LAND OF THE DEAD BEGIN!
So what'd I miss?
User

by Zonoro13 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:48 pm

@Overlord
Orannis, the Ninth, Bright Shiner, is by far the most powerful of the Nine. I'd say that in his final form he is on par with The Lord of The Dead, meaning invincible and unstoppable. The only reason he could be bound was because he was recovering from an expenditure of energy in his second form, and all the mages of the Charter bloodlines and the remnants of the Bright Shiners' power (including Yrael) were fighting him. This is a being that wiped entire worlds clean of life for fun. So we have a plothole; if Orannis is still bound, then the Ninth Precinct is not contested, and the Whisper would be here, when clearly he's not. If Orannis had been freed to fight for his precinct, then he would have killed Whisper long ago and fought the Lord of the Dead for the precincts.

Looking at the hordes of Dead coming from both directions, I realize that we are screwed. Utterly and completely screwed. Well, in that case, we have nothing to lose. And everyone knows that those who have nothing to lose are the most dangerous. In a way, they've put us in a position of power; we are totally unpredictable.

I look down to my bells, removing the stoppers preventing them from ringing. All of them. With utmost care, I take off the bandolier.

"YOLO!" I shout, a spell of great power. The advancing enemies close enough to hear recoil in horror. Nothing good ever comes after this particular incantation.

I swing the sash of bells around my head wildly, a cacophony of sound emanating from it. On the third wing, I release it into the air, towards Highlich's army. No one has ever been mad enough to do this before. I cackle maniacally. Each bell is an enormously powerful magical artifact, and when rung in concert the power increases exponentially. I wonder what this will do...

The sound rings out throughout Death, a discordant jangle that carries incredible raw power. The brunt of the magic is directed at Highlich's army of Necromancers and Dead, but enough of the sound carries to at the very least halt the combined forces of the lesser precincts, for the moment. The rulers of the precincts seem to be able to shrug off the sound easily, except for Highlich. The bells pass very near him. He stops, trembling, but is able to hold out against the noise. While many of the Dead in his army fall, scream, dissolve, attack their brethren, he shields his most powerful necromancers somewhat with a spell, so that they might survive the seven voices.

"ENOUGH!" shouts the Lich, blasting the spinning bandolier out of the air, shattering the bells, stopping the magic. His army is decimated, some half of his forces fallen or driven so insane as to be useless. But the Dead were so numerous to begin with that the enemy is still vast. I try to ignore the far, far vaster armies behind, and the King of the Dead.

Morgaeron prattles on some more with his booming voice, but I'm too busy taking inventory to pay much attention. I've saved up a lot of stuff for the worst-case scenario, and it would be a shame if I died without trying everything. After all, I've got nothing to lose. First, I take my Sword. It's one of the legendary Charter swords, arguably the most powerful. It has been passed down through the generations of Abhorsens. My other principal weapon is the Dawnbringer. A long-handled morningstar, it's forged of pure mana and extremely magical. I attach the base of the Sword to the base of Dawnbringer, creating an extremely long staff with a spiked head on one side and a blade at the other.

Rummaging through my pockets, I find a sack of what look like marbles. Each is actually a powerful Charter spell, preserved in green glass. When activated with the releasing Charter mark, they will explode and send a pulse of deadly force in all directions. Excellent. I upend the bag and propel them all magically towards Highlich. Essentially an airstrike, since there are dozens in the bag.

Then I charge into Highlich's army.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by xstargaming » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:53 pm

Washing ashore, I can hear a roaring army distantly. I feel a tad dazed -- my most recent spell was a powerful one, even if it only protected me from this river of Death. I stand, if uncertainly, and manage to regain my stature with haste. Dashing to a nearby overhang of a dark rock, presumably obsidian, I focus on my next action. Casting a small disc of spacial viewing, I stare into the above battle.

I see Zonoro pull out a sack of orb-like objects. Realizing what they are, I hope for the best in his rather rash attempt to obliterate most of this gigantic army.

Next, I see Overlord. Yes. I cannot say that I am pleased with him at all... Anger fills me if only for a moment, though enough to cause a mild singeing of his cape, almost immediately replaced with serene rationality.

I dissipate the disc, meshing into the shadows at the same time. Suddenly I feel a tingling sensation at the base of my neck: something is nearby. Shifting out of the shadows, I turn to face the wall of stone that I had melded into. All around me I can hear chattering, silence, and whispers. Stepping outside of this universe, I examine the forum post that YourNewOverlord had just recently added into the thread titled "SLAUGHTER SLAUGHTER SLAUGHTER!".

"Ah," so I say, "The Whisper is it?"

Sensing the tearing that I was causing between universes, I move back into this one, preparing myself to face this interesting adversary. The mind is my specialty, so why not do battle in my own?

In a fraction of a second, both of us enter a mental plane characterized by a floor of solid, though rippling, water -- not ice I might input -- and a sky of nebulae and stars. My hands burst alight with magic as I force The Whisper to take form. Then, a hissing noise, or perhaps a horrid screeching, surrounded me, "You think you can make ME take on a body, fool!?" it yelled, "I am practically a god compared to you!"

As if. Manipulating thought-based, spacial, and sonic energies I bind The Whisper into a figure of ghostliness, an apparition, yet tangible. I can hear a deafening scream all about this plane, but it matters not. Casting my first spell, we begin to dance.
User

by YourNewOverlord » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:14 am

@Zonoro- The Whisper's power is mostly mental- the territory is contested, but the BATTLE is also mostly mental. It's the Whisper using its powers to keep Orannia bound and asleep, and also to try to mind control him and fight off anyone trying to free him.
At this point, he must be sufficiently bound that the Whisper is willing to answer the King's call and come kill us. Or try to escape.
(For the record, all the masters of the precincts are as powerful or more powerful than the Ghost Organ.)
Last edited by YourNewOverlord on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So what'd I miss?
User

by MechaNecromancer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:03 pm

I just recovered from the bells attack,but my subjects didn't.My horde of undead took a nasty blow.Many dissolved or were fighting themselves.I put an end to this,using magic to destroy them and reanimate them again.I gripped my staff tightly.I was really angry,but I could already feel the power running through my veins(Even though I didn't have actual blood.)I rallied my troops and prepared to advance.

Then I saw Zonoro loading his airstrike.I knew what those things were,and I knew the danger they represented.I created a portal just in front of them,and they entered it,being teleported to other precincts.It may get me in trouble with other lords of the dead,but that's not a problem for now.I could hear explosions in far away places and people screaming,and I smiled.
-Ah,the smell of suffering,so sweet...
I saw Zonoro charging into my army,but I didn't care.I took some time to watch the suffering,the death,the pain...It was really good.Then,I came back to reality and realized the danger of getting lost in such thoughts.I focused my mind,my powers,in getting out of corporeal form.
Then I entered the realm of shadows,becoming a shadow myself.I could see Zonoro running in almost slow motion,my army,Overlord...The damn traitor.I saw Zonoro wielding that staff of his and wondered what other tricks he might have.
Then I stopped thinking and took what I had stored had,an object of great power,a staff wielded by countless dark mages,who was now mine.I remembered how I stole the tip from the dark caves where Malagar and Umbra were defeated.How I worked tirelessly to store it in the realm of shadows,knowing I couldn't win against my vast enemies and preparing for my return.
This return would happen very soon.
The object was Vez'nan's staff.
I came back to reality,and broke my dracolich bone staff in two and threw it off.I hit the ground with my new staff.The rose and formed a hulking obsidian golem,wielding a large spiked mace and a sheild.It moved to intercept Zonoro's charge.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My master disappeared for a some seconds.I gasped,thinking that I was free,finally.Finally I could stop being a tool of this evil creature.All my hopes crashed and burned when he appeared again.
"What...Where did he go?This place is locked down,there's no way he could get out of here..."
(The Shadow Realm is actually just the real world,but from the perspective of a shadow.These two parts of the same world cannot interact,but Highlich found a way to turn himself into a shadow and acess this realm.He stored Vez'Nan's staff there,and part of Mecha's mind too,so that's how Mecha managed to survive until he woke up.)
"And what is that staff?"
I almost shouted in surprise as I recognized the object.The thing I searched for my entire life was now in firm cold hands of my hated master.He then conjured an obsidian golem,who ran to intercept Zonoro.
My mind was thinking at light speed.If Highlich could absord the power of another lord of the precincts,he would be nearly unstopabble.I had to stop him,but how?He could read my mind and detect any betrayal,but now he was focused on battle.And I would be sniped near instantly by his forces if I tried to desert.
I sighed,gripped my staff and tried to make a plan.
User

by Zonoro13 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:35 pm

YourNewOverlord wrote:@Zonoro- The Whisper's power is mostly mental- the territory is contested, but the BATTLE is also mostly mental. It's the Whisper using its powers to keep Orannis bound and asleep, and also to try to mind control him and fight off anyone trying to free him.
At this point, he must be sufficiently bound that the Whisper is willing to answer the King's call and come kill us. Or try to escape.
(For the record, all the masters of the precincts are as powerful or more powerful than the Ghost Organ.)
I'll edit an action into this later.

For a Free Magic being, there is no difference between mental power and physical power. The greater dominates the lesser through force of will. Orannis is greater than any of the rulers of the precincts by far. Let's just say that the Ninth Precinct is not contested and Orannis is bound, but the Whisper hadn't joined the battle until now, because his job is to renew the bindings every so often.

@Mecha
Can you please put spaces after punctuation? I find it quite annoying. Also remember that Death is a river that comes above the knees, not just ground. I may use this fact later in the fight, so it's important.

In character:

My spells were intercepted. Ugh. The sack will eventually regenerate the glass bombs, but not for an hour or two at least. A pity. But as for the obsidian golem... does the weakling really think it'll stop me? I don't even think I'll fight it. It's beneath me. I whistle. In my mind, I conjure a manaform of flame, burning with the strength of a bonfire. With a rush of Charter marks, it comes into being. About chest height, it's a floating orb a foot and a half in diameter, its fire reflecting off the cold water of the river of Death. Glowing with white flame, it will do battle with the golem. After it neutralizes the elemental, I'll have it attack the Dead. After all, an obsidian mace can't pierce something that's not even solid. Indeed, as I watch, the manaform enters the obsidian, forcing strong magic into the stone. Cracks appear and the golem glows slightly red. I turn away and run once more into the army of Highlich. This time I'm not interrupted. I use my new staff to great effect, slicing apart the Dead with ease. They are weak, weak and afraid. But when I take a breather to assess the skirmish so far, I realize the golem is still there, and wading slowly towards me. It's still cracked, and my manaform is still fighting within it, but the obsidian darkness with which it was created seems to be suppressing it. I turn and regard it. The looming form is some eight feet tall, and well equipped. But no matter. It has little magical power. I level my staff against the creature, the magicked blade glinting dangerously.
"Hyah!"
I feint a thrust to the left, but as the creature braces itself with its towering shield, I switch directions, stabbing through the center of the golem. The Sword runs straight through the obsidian, becoming a conduit from the Charter to the manaform within. The golem shakes, the cracks spread. And with one terrible blow, I smash apart the creature, along with my manaform. The shattering rock blows outward, propelled by the force of the Charter and the released energy of the fire elemental, striking many undead.

Soon enough I'll kill my way to Highlich, and then I'll destroy him.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by YourNewOverlord » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Chaos. The battlefield has become sheer chaos. Zonoro has flat out turned away from the Army of the Dead to deal with Highlich's army, and Xstar is standing some distance away, as if in a trance, with several warriors and The Ghoul advancing on his unresponsive form. The Ghoul ensures that is one fight I want to stay as far away from as I possibly can.

The Army of the Dead, unfortunately, seems to be recovering from Zonoro's attack, and, with the other two targets occupied, they seem to be turning to me. The Shadow, The Demon Lord, and Paradox all seem particularly focused on me, and the dead are advancing.

I turn towards Highlich's army, running straight towards the lesser of the two threats. One overpowered psychopath with a grudge against me is certainly better than three. As I go, a plan begins to take shape. We have absolutely no chance of beating this army. We might, might, take some of them with us, but we would lose eventually. Maybe... maybe I can use that. But if this is going to have a chance of working, I need Zonoro's bells. Which means I'll be heading right into battle with Highlich hims-

Panic. I'm sprinting faster than I ever have before, in a new direction, and I'm not sure why. Before I can take a second to figure out what's going on, there's a searing pain on my arm and,

A new direction, fear guiding my feet. Running from something, arms bleeding. Have to get

Limping. So much pain. I don't understand

Renewed energy. Something is burning nearby, and one of my swords is soaked with blood that isn't mine. I've used spells, but I don't know what-

Still running. Close to where we defeated the Avatar. Something is affecting my memory. How did I get here?

"Enough!" I shout, putting up a magical shield around myself, trying to think. What could possibly be doing this? What could be attacking me? I turn in a circle, but I don't see anything...

I have an instant of warning- the breaking of my shield, but it isn't nearly enough. There's a faint sense of pain, of warmth. My hand goes away to my throat, and comes away, red and wet.

I try to say something, but I can't. It takes a second to realize what's happened. Someone has slit my throat.

I'm about to die.

I fall into the river of the dead, blood running down the front of my armor. For one split second, I get a view of a small child with long hair and dead, soulless eyes, knife slick with blood that's probably mine, and I remember all the things that had been taken from me- seeing it coming, fleeing, getting attacked, trying to fight back, finding out that magic is useless on it.

Then my head is under the water, I'm starting to drift away, and none of it really matters. There's something funny about getting killed by a small child, but then, it isn't really a small child, is it?

There's something metal in my back, and I wish it would just go away, let me drift down the river, but it's rather insistently caught on my cape. Why can't it just let me die? Absentmindedly, I reach down, try to tug it away.

It's a piece of pipe- organ pipe? - and the last part of my mind that isn't gone realizes the significance, lets magic flow down into my hands, reactivate the pipe.

It starts by degrees, a trickle, but little by little, I start to come back from death. The cut on my throat closes, the blood drying. I tighten my grip on the pipe, flood it with magic, and just like that, the Avatar's broken soul pipe floods me with the spirits of the dead, healing me. I get to my fight, pipe still in the river, drawing strength from the souls of the

There is a knife in my stomach, with an armless hand still attached to it, and my sword is slick with someone else's blood again. I pull the knife out, not quite sure of what's going on, letting the wound heal. All I have is a sense of satisfaction and relief. There's a trail of blood leading away from me, but it's being swept away by the river, and I have no urge to follow it.

Walking slowly, a knife coated in my own blood in one hand and a soul-draining pipe in the other, I continue down the river, back towards Highlich's army. I have a plan now, at least. This needs to succeed.

The dead are catching up with me, of course. But, as it turns out, the pipe and the knife make for very good weapons. A swift jab from the pipe absorbs the entire animating force of a dracolich, while the slightest touch of the knife causes the dead to fall apart in pieces. Some kind of antimagic? I pick up the pace, knowing that, sooner or later, something I can't defeat so easily will catch up.

I hit Highlich's army, cutting a swath through them, moving towards where I had last seen their master. I need to get those bells and get away from all of this, as soon as I can, before things spiral into a situation I can't control. If one of the masters of the precincts were to be killed... the upheaval that could cause would be disastrous.

As I think about it, I come into a clear spot in the army, stop short. My breath catches in my newly-healed throat. This is about to be an interesting battle.

To the side of the circle stands Mechanecromancer, looking worried. That expression quickly turns to anger as he recognizes me.

A few feet away, Zonoro's bells lie on the ground. I'm so close... but of course, it can't be that easy. For, a few feet beyond those, holding the staff of Vez'nan, stands Highlich Morgaeron, looking very, very angry, and very, very dangerous.

Ideas whirl through my head- he's beaten Yrael, I shouldn't kill him, the power vacuum would be too great, I've killed him before, I should do it again...

Then I realize it doesn't matter. I either kill him, or I die. My plan has to succeed if I want to get out of here. I ready my knife and pipe, and charge.
So what'd I miss?
User

PreviousNext