Suggestion: Artillery Shooting When No Ground Enemies

For the King!

Suggestion: Artillery Shooting When No Ground Enemies

by MaGnUs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:57 pm

I'm playing Coldstep Mines in "normal", and inspired by a screenshot someone posted, at the topmost row I built three artillery towers. When no ground enemies are passing, the artillery towers stay still, even when a flock of gargoyles (which they could be harming even slightly) is flying by. They should shoot whenever enemies are passing within their range, even if they're just flying ones, to soften them up for reinforcements or airborne ranged towers that come afterwards.
Writer and letterer for hire!
Clockwork Chap
User

Re: Suggestion: Artillery Shooting When No Ground Enemies

by Julian » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:23 pm

Artillery can damage flying enemies although they can not target them directly

Hmmm... not entirely sure where this can be found, within a tip probably.
It's a good thing in my opinion... it's part of the strategy and I would not change it =)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by MaGnUs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:03 pm

No, I know that artillery can damage flying enemies but cannot target them directly. Thats' the whole point of my suggestion; that they should be shooting when there are only flying enemies in range, to take advantage of the fact that they can damage them.
Clockwork Chap
User

by Julian » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:41 pm

I know what the point of your suggestion is. My quotation was just something to refer to, this would be my 'actual' reply:
Julian wrote:It's a good thing in my opinion... it's part of the strategy and I would not change it =)

Sorry for the confusion :)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Barrotes » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:48 am

Well, if this was real life, and I knew that my cannons could do fire damage to some nasty flying bats flying over my head, I would not hesitate to shoot.
However...we all know that artillery has it's flaws in KR... especially that "SHOOT HERE DAMN IT" problem, and I can only imagine that, if they were to shoot more enemies...more larger groups would pass free.
Also, if you think about it, you can pass most levels with artillery only...still, I agree, it's something your brain detects as WRONG.

MaGnUs wrote:...inspired by a screenshot someone posted, at the topmost row I built three artillery towers.

The picture Magnus refers to is probably this.
I'm a Donkey, what's your excuse ?
User

by Quest » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:59 am

oh yes i hate it when the artillery goes for that lone enemy instead of the huge pack behind that guy lol
User

by MaGnUs » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Barrotes wrote:The picture Magnus refers to is probably this.

That's the one.
Clockwork Chap
User

by Vanzen » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:48 pm

That's the whole point of flying enemies. They exist to promote the need to include archers and mages to your strategy, if artillery would target them, then they would be less effective. We left the feature that they could still be damaged because it was fun to indirectly be able to attack them with creative strategies.

About artillery shooting the lone guy. Is all part of the balance, we could code the artillery to be very smart but if we do that, then the artillery should deal less damage, we felt is more fun to have dumb artillery and let the player decide where is best to place them in order to make it more effective.

:)
Ironhide Developer

by MaGnUs » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:05 pm

I know it's not a bug... but I'm not saying they should target the flying enemies, just that they should be ALWAYs shooting for the hell of it. They like explosions!!!!
Clockwork Chap
User

by Vanzen » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:42 pm

By order of King Denas, wasting valuable technological ammunition is a crime punished by death. :)
Ironhide Developer

by GONZASAN » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:58 am

And they pollute the environment!....last thing we need is a green peace kingdom riot.
Ironhide Developer

by MaGnUs » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:23 pm

That bastard of a king! To think I wrote such good things about him! :)
Clockwork Chap
User

by Strogglet15 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:04 pm

I saw this myself, It was cool but, wouldn't it actually be unbalanced? Beat it, you put artillery only and, that's it, you just win in any difficulty even on Heroic (except Iron) challenges. Indirect damage is good enough to be honest.

MaGnUs wrote:That bastard of a king! To think I wrote such good things about him! :)

Atleast the king didn't put a quarantine because of a strange disease that appeared on Linirea.

Yummy human flesh :twisted:
User