Challenge!!

For the King!

Challenge!!

by nklrcade » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:08 am

Played last level only using Arcane Wizard towers - NO Barracks, NO Bombard and NO Archer.
Beat level with 20 lives and before Vez'nan made it to second turn.

Do you have a challenge?? I need MORE!!
User

Re: Challenge!!

by Quest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:18 am

lol thats tough.. those demons r magic-resistant.
how about completing a hard map without reinforcements?

the developers should do something about replay value to keep the interest going.
User

by Julian » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:47 am

Oh come on we have the heroic and the iron challenges + the achievements to complete =)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Quest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:32 pm

i m one of those guys that completed everything ><
i m hoping for the team to release a patch that gives us new achievements or a survival mode lol

it makes good sense to keep ppl interested till the sequel comes! u know.. fan the flames while the hype is still there.
User

by Julian » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:26 pm

You can complete everything two more times Quest.
I know that from experience :D
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Quest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Julian wrote:You can complete everything two more times Quest.
I know that from experience :D

lol maybe i will soon..
just to see the ending where the old man says "support game developers!" lol
User

by razieltnt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:23 pm

this game supports creative thinking - with right idea there's no challenge at all...

When i was trying to get that achievement with "dying from poison" i placed a single maxed tower right after demon spawn road (1st level of Valradul)
it wiped most of demonic waves so i lol'd on it, and it was just for the achievement, not for completing the map (only with little help of towers that were dealing with with skele spawn)
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by Andralexis » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Try doing all levels with Archer Towers only. It becomes a micro-management hard mode that is truly difficult to beat.
User

by Julian » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:38 pm

Or try level 2 only using (fully upgraded) reinforcements :D
User

by Vanzen » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:32 pm

I like to roll with musketeers only and snipers! :)
Ironhide Developer

by MaGnUs » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:33 pm

Custom challenges posed by other players seem like a fun thing to take a go at when you've finished the whole game in all its pre-programmed modes.

Me, I've just finished level 8 (campaign, heroic, and iron) on normal right now... and with premium content wuss-lifejacket. :)
Writer and letterer for hire!
Clockwork Chap
User

by L0k1 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:53 pm

I try to finish the last campaing stage with every tower, I lost only with "barraks only" try. The most fun is the Big Bertha, buying missiles it's the best :P
User

by dimumurray » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:28 pm

How's this for a challenge...The last level...in iron-mode...using only barracks and no premium content.

So far I've only gotten to the point where dark knights start spawning. I'm beginning to think its impossible to beat. If I can just find the optimal arrangement of towers, rally points and upgrades.

Edit: just saw the previous post...apparently I'm not the first to try it...still this might be the holy grail of custom challenges
User

by Julian » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:42 am

Well I tried but I am also starting to think it's impossible to beat the last level on iron mode just using barracks. Although I can kill the flying enemies and the necromancers, I just can't stop 5 dark slayers without mage towers :-/
User

by razieltnt » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Julian wrote:Well I tried but I am also starting to think it's impossible to beat the last level on iron mode just using barracks. Although I can kill the flying enemies and the necromancers, I just can't stop 5 dark slayers without mage towers :-/

is the holy strike armor piercing?
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by Julian » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:13 pm

razieltnt wrote:
Julian wrote:Well I tried but I am also starting to think it's impossible to beat the last level on iron mode just using barracks. Although I can kill the flying enemies and the necromancers, I just can't stop 5 dark slayers without mage towers :-/

is the holy strike armor piercing?

I believe so.
But needing two barbarian mead halls to kill the flying enemies which spawn before the dark slayers, I don't have enough money left for fully upgrading all of my paladins' holy strikes.
Maybe one barbarian mead hall would do with some help of reinforcements and a well placed rain of fire... I wonder. And if I could damage all 5 dark slayers with one rain of fire it would be great as well.
Let's keep trying :D
User

by dimumurray » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:33 am

My best attempt so far at the "Holy Grail" custom challenge...

Holy Grail Custom Challenge on YouTube

Looking at the replay I can see a few flaws in my strategy...
User

by Julian » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Well here's my best attempt so far :-) :

After killing every enemy on the screen, just a few more demon hounds and some magma elementals to beat in order to complete the challenge.
I am no way there yet though, this is just way too much to beat. But oh well, still got to try out selling the barbarian mead halls after killing the flying enemies... who knows, maybe it does make the needed difference ^.^
User

by Julian » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Well, selling the barbarian mead halls after killing the flying enemies does help.
As does having 6 holy orders instead of 4 at the bottom row (divided in two spots of 9 soldiers).
I still can't make it... but I am getting closer :-]
User

by Julian » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Getting closer...

User

Next