Hero packs

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Hero packs

by LuluCaico » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:30 pm

I think this could be a suggestion to the devs.
Well, maybe in special days, like holidays, heroes could be sold in packs, like: "Magic pack special sale for KRF! Get now Nivus and Dierdre for 4.99"
What you guys think about it?
Alea jacta est ad Aureum
User

Re: Hero packs

by wailwail » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:00 pm

I think no one will buy that Nivus & Diedre pack because the heroes in it suck. But yeah, we have special promotions in KRO. Why not KRF and KR?
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by LuluCaico » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:32 pm

wailwail wrote:I think no one will buy that Nivus & Diedre pack because the heroes in it suck. But yeah, we have special promotions in KRO. Why not KRF and KR?

Well, Nivus and Dierdre´s pack was an example. But I guess many people would buy a Draco pack: Bonehart and Ashbite for 12.99 or 11.99!
And I also think that there would be people buying that Magic Pack, because I guess that not necessarily everybody pay attention in stats, UP or OP stuff... They´d simply buy just for fun. But that Draco pack would be great!
Alea jacta est ad Aureum
User

by kevin32 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:50 pm

I'm somewhat surprised this sort of idea wasn't implemented from the beginning. I was thinking something like a buy 1, get 1 discount, but you can choose which heroes you want.

Another option is to sell all heroes in one pack for a discounted rate.
User

Location: In Machu Picchu, communing with the gods of tower defense.

by ngue02 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:23 pm

I think that we should be able to buy heroes with gems. They wouldn't be cheap, though. Of course, the prices would vary depending on the hero, but they could be from 10000-20000 gems each.
Last edited by ngue02 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a great community. I am very grateful to be a part of it, and I hope that it continues to stay this great. I have witnessed some great online communities simply break down, and I truly wish that it will never happen here. :star:
User

by blu3 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:57 pm

very funny
breadsticks
User

Location: Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

by LuluCaico » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:08 am

ngue02 wrote:I think that we should be able to buy heroes with gems. They wouldn't be cheap, though. Of course, the prices would vary depending on the hero, but they could be from 10000-20000 gems each.

I don´t think so. By this way, the devs wouldn´t raise money with heroes. Unless if you buy it. And I think that replaying and replaying just to get an amount of gems to "buy" a hero isn´t fun. It´d be boring. And 10000-20000 are not a big amount for great heroes, such as Bonehart and Faustus.
Alea jacta est ad Aureum
User

by LuluCaico » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:11 am

kevin32 wrote:I'm somewhat surprised this sort of idea wasn't implemented from the beginning. I was thinking something like a buy 1, get 1 discount, but you can choose which heroes you want.

Another option is to sell all heroes in one pack for a discounted rate.

These two are also very nice. Especially the second one. "Christmas Gift for KR/KRF/KRO players!!! Get all heroes for a generous price of ??,99. Don´t lose this chance!"
Alea jacta est ad Aureum
User

by ngue02 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:54 am

LuluCaico wrote:
ngue02 wrote:I think that we should be able to buy heroes with gems. They wouldn't be cheap, though. Of course, the prices would vary depending on the hero, but they could be from 10000-20000 gems each.

I don´t think so. By this way, the devs wouldn´t raise money with heroes. Unless if you buy it. And I think that replaying and replaying just to get an amount of gems to "buy" a hero isn´t fun. It´d be boring. And 10000-20000 are not a big amount for great heroes, such as Bonehart and Faustus.

That's why the better heroes would cost 20,000 gems, which is not that easy to get. It requires beating the campaign about 2-3 times, which only the most devoted gamers would do for a single hero. Plus, Ironhide can still get money. People might buy gems with real money to afford the heroes if they don't want to play over and over.
This is a great community. I am very grateful to be a part of it, and I hope that it continues to stay this great. I have witnessed some great online communities simply break down, and I truly wish that it will never happen here. :star:
User

by Juice Box » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:15 am

Then it'd make KR a grind-to-play. Which people think is just as bad as microtransactions in a pay-to-play.
User

by ngue02 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:53 pm

Juice Box wrote:Then it'd make KR a grind-to-play. Which people think is just as bad as microtransactions in a pay-to-play.

But then again, heroes are not NEEDED. If the gems thing were to happen, I would also suggest that Ironhide should add something in the game to REALLY make it clear that premium heroes are not necessary AT ALL.
User

by Juice Box » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:31 am

ngue02 wrote:
Juice Box wrote:Then it'd make KR a grind-to-play. Which people think is just as bad as microtransactions in a pay-to-play.

But then again, heroes are not NEEDED. If the gems thing were to happen, I would also suggest that Ironhide should add something in the game to REALLY make it clear that premium heroes are not necessary AT ALL.

Would still make it a grind-to-play.

And it doesn't matter if they're not needed. Heck, Endless mode isn't needed, but it's still part of the overall content.

Point is people hate paying for things in a pay-to-play game. People also hate being told to grind for them instead of pay.
User

by ngue02 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:07 am

Juice Box wrote:
ngue02 wrote:

And it doesn't matter if they're not needed. Heck, Endless mode isn't needed, but it's still part of the overall content.

Point is people hate paying for things in a pay-to-play game. People also hate being told to grind for them instead of pay.

Look, Kingdom Rush isn't pay-to-play. I'm just making an idea on a way to get heroes without paying money. It wouldn't make things worse, since some are already complaining that the heroes are too expensive. It will actually make people happier since they can get the heroes without paying money.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:18 am

It's about more than just people getting heroes for free, it's also about Ironhide making a business. I don't have any facts to back me up, but logic tells me that over half of the money they earn is from users purchasing heroes. It's this money that the devs use to make the awesome games that we have now. Origins wouldn't have the epic sound and graphic design that it does now if it weren't for the amount of cash earned from people buying the heroes. There isn't anyone wrong with heroes being paid for in my opinion. If you want something badly, you'll have to work for it. If they don't want the heroes that badly, then players should just not buy the heroes and leave it be.
BBB

by warbot1000 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:03 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:It's about more than just people getting heroes for free, it's also about Ironhide making a business. I don't have any facts to back me up, but logic tells me that over half of the money they earn is from users purchasing heroes. It's this money that the devs use to make the awesome games that we have now. Origins wouldn't have the epic sound and graphic design that it does now if it weren't for the amount of cash earned from people buying the heroes. There isn't anyone wrong with heroes being paid for in my opinion. If you want something badly, you'll have to work for it. If they don't want the heroes that badly, then players should just not buy the heroes and leave it be.

I want them really badly in frontiers (which i just got on the ipad due to the free sale) but i am not allowed to pay for anything on an app or pay for anything for an app which is a small problem as it means the only time i can play KRO is at my cousins hose which is a 4 hour drive away in wales.

i would like the Devs to make heroes available for gems in a very high number as there are i'm sure many players who are under the same predicament as me and want the heroes badly enough to grind for them for a very long time.

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:22 am

Instead, we could have heroes as comsumables that can be bought by gem: One can pay 1000 gem for 30 seconds of having Bonehart to assist him in his fight, for example.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:55 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:Instead, we could have heroes as comsumables that can be bought by gem: One can pay 1000 gem for 30 seconds of having Bonehart to assist him in his fight, for example.

30 seconds is hardly anything. Perhaps 1,000 gems per USD that the hero costs could be paid to have them tag along in one mission at max lvl would be better, if only because it gives more of a chance to really experience the hero.

warbot1000 wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:It's about more than just people getting heroes for free, it's also about Ironhide making a business. I don't have any facts to back me up, but logic tells me that over half of the money they earn is from users purchasing heroes. It's this money that the devs use to make the awesome games that we have now. Origins wouldn't have the epic sound and graphic design that it does now if it weren't for the amount of cash earned from people buying the heroes. There isn't anyone wrong with heroes being paid for in my opinion. If you want something badly, you'll have to work for it. If they don't want the heroes that badly, then players should just not buy the heroes and leave it be.

I want them really badly in frontiers (which i just got on the ipad due to the free sale) but i am not allowed to pay for anything on an app or pay for anything for an app which is a small problem as it means the only time i can play KRO is at my cousins hose which is a 4 hour drive away in wales.

i would like the Devs to make heroes available for gems in a very high number as there are i'm sure many players who are under the same predicament as me and want the heroes badly enough to grind for them for a very long time.

Not everybody is allowed to buy heroes, I understand. But if you wanted to go to, say, McDonalds, but it cost too much money, you wouldn't beg the CEO of McDonalds to make Big Macs purchasable with the lint in your pocket. That stuff is worthless, and so are the gems in a real-world sense. The fact that people could get heroes without paying in any sense would automatically diminish Ironhide's profits.
BBB

by Juice Box » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:13 pm

ngue02 wrote:
Juice Box wrote:
ngue02 wrote:But then again, heroes are not NEEDED. If the gems thing were to happen, I would also suggest that Ironhide should add something in the game to REALLY make it clear that premium heroes are not necessary AT ALL.

Look, Kingdom Rush isn't pay-to-play. I'm just making an idea on a way to get heroes without paying money. It wouldn't make things worse, since some are already complaining that the heroes are too expensive. It will actually make people happier since they can get the heroes without paying money.

Mm, no.

I'm busy, so this'll be short: once you add this, people will complain, as well. It'll further that Ironhide is a bunch of "greedy bastards." Because trying to get heroes through gems is extremely impractical, as you'd have to play a ton of levels to do so. It's like Ironhide's saying, "of course, you can always grind, but why bother do that when you can give us your money?"
User

by MisterX » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:39 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
warbot1000 wrote:

Not everybody is allowed to buy heroes, I understand. But if you wanted to go to, say, McDonalds, but it cost too much money, you wouldn't beg the CEO of McDonalds to make Big Macs purchasable with the lint in your pocket. That stuff is worthless, and so are the gems in a real-world sense. The fact that people could get heroes without paying in any sense would automatically diminish Ironhide's profits.

I have to agree with BBB
User

by warbot1000 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
warbot1000 wrote:

I have to agree, although you can't blame me for trying can you ;)

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

Next