A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

For the King!

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by The_TaTs » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Draconian wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Draconian wrote:
I know that the hero will probably be formed from the ground up, but I think it would make sense for different concepts to be submitted for approval, and then the community would help refine the specifics. I think that process would lead to a more focused hero, rather then a mishmash of dozens of unrelated opinions.

I love how everyone keeps making suggestions for how they THINK the contest should be held, when it's already been decided how it will be conducted.

Approved/Agreed

We should be happy that we will get a contest even if it won't be held like some of the communiy members would like

It is good that some people give thought to sth. but hey, the contest will already start tomorrow

Don't get me wrong- I am super exited that the contest is being held, it really shows just how awesome the devs can be. Letting the community's opinions directly affect their product is the mark of an amazing company. I was simply expressing my opinion on how I would have liked the contest to be run in a near-perfect world. I'm sure that whatever the community decides on, the hero will be great, and even if it isn't, who can say no to a free hero?

I just wanted to add one more thing.

Your feedback IS important. Specially for stuff that we are doing for the first time like this. So please, keep sharing your thoughts.
If this event is successful, we might do another. And we won't necessarily stick with a single method. Maybe next time we'll do things differently.
User

by Simmonds91 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:52 pm

super excited for this and since were going to be voting on a poll it'll be 100% fair too :)

I submit the idea that the heros race be Cyborg (or human with mechanical enhancements, shoulder mounted laser cannon ftw!... i still think the cyborgs from c&c tiberium sun are epic...) :lol:

I'm curious what the name will turn out to be once this contest is over...
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by The_TaTs » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Here is the Official Announcement on our Website:

http://www.ironhidegames.com/post.php?id=106
User

by wailwail » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:31 pm

Anyone saw the NO MORE ELFS PLEASE above the title? I think the team really needs a good translator... ( no offense, PLEASE DON'T KILL ME ). But the main point is, I think we won't see an elf hero ;)
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by Simmonds91 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Im ok with an elf hero, as long as that elf's appearance is un-elven, does not use elven language/s and is mistaken as a thing that is not an elf by everyone on this planet.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by awesomejoon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Finwer wrote:
awesomejoon wrote:FINALLY GOT MY PROFILE PICTURE BACK UP

Who is in it? :hero:

Mikasa Ackerman :)
Fate/Grand Order is a cancer game
I'm dead. Nuff said
User

by awesomejoon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:10 pm

And yes, Im done with elven heroes. We need something more extraterrestrial, more human, more......exotic? Like.....uhmmm, I have no idea
Fate/Grand Order is a cancer game
I'm dead. Nuff said
User

by FoxDP011 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:42 pm

awesomejoon wrote:And yes, Im done with elven heroes. We need something more extraterrestrial, more human, more......exotic? Like.....uhmmm, I have no idea

a werewolf?
Sir,that's not your cheeseburger >:/
User

by razieltnt » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:07 pm

awesomejoon wrote:And yes, Im done with elven heroes. We need something more extraterrestrial, more human, more......exotic? Like.....uhmmm, I have no idea

a lich?
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

by wailwail » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:12 pm

A werewolven lich?!
User

by billakoz16 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:12 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
billakoz16 wrote:Working on my shaman...

Work all you like, it doesn't mean anything. You did READ the thread right? You don't make an individual hero yourself.

Yes I read the post, all the post, along with the little part that talks about hero back-story and how they will accept individual pieces, well since it's my profesion (even though it will be hard because it's not my mother language) I am quite pumped sir Leaf. :)
If you want a Special Tower, I am the guy to ask.

Special Towers Here!
User

Location: Greece, the place were dimocracy was born...and destroyed

by MalikHammerfury » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:34 pm

:yey: yesss more human heroes with awesome abilities natural sweet and ordinary looking and not OP for sure like Blackthorne Malik Gerald Nivus !!! Gnoms also welcomed :yey:
Last edited by MalikHammerfury on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legend: Administrators, Moderators
Forum Classification: Veteran
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:35 pm

billakoz16 wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:
billakoz16 wrote:Working on my shaman...

Work all you like, it doesn't mean anything. You did READ the thread right? You don't make an individual hero yourself.

Yes I read the post, all the post, along with the little part that talks about hero back-story and how they will accept individual pieces, well since it's my profesion (even though it will be hard because it's not my mother language) I am quite pumped sir Leaf. :)

So why are you writing a Shaman character backstory, when you don't know what the end result is going to be?
Yes it's me

by wailwail » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:39 pm

LOL I can call you Leaf?!

He writes a Shaman backstory just because he wants to. It's his... " profesion ", you can't tell him not to do that.
User

by MalikHammerfury » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:46 pm

same here but its interesting how the majority of our community think .This matter of taste . I am afraid of little bit that majority obessed with alliens and dragons tend to prefer OP options to ordinary ones .
Legend: Administrators, Moderators
Forum Classification: Veteran
User

by canlupus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:48 pm

Great idea. I can't wait.
User

by Zonoro13 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:18 pm

Why all the hate? Elves are the "default" race, and a lot can be done with them. No one wants it to be another woodland elf with a bow, but in a game about elves, the concept of other elven tribes and peoples can be explored. And it should make sense to the story, a cyborg wouldn't fit the theme of magic in KR. In a future game, perhaps.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:27 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:Why all the hate? Elves are the "default" race, and a lot can be done with them. No one wants it to be another woodland elf with a bow, but in a game about elves, the concept of other elven tribes and peoples can be explored. And it should make sense to the story, a cyborg wouldn't fit the theme of magic in KR. In a future game, perhaps.

The concept of other elven tribes has been explored. Rush had Sylvan elves. Origins has Arehdale elves.

And not fit in? Do you want to check in with the Saurian's Darter, Savant, Blazefang, Deathcoil, Brute and Nightscale and their futuristic weapons? See if Sha'tra's energy glaive and drones are still around? It doesn't have to make sense to the story at all. What did Kutsao have to do with the Rising Tides update?
Yes it's me

by LawAbidingCactus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:34 pm

At long last. :)
For the king!

P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there legal issues with introducing user-created content to a monetized game? Or does the issue arise when user-created content is monetized?
EDIT: Wait... never mind. The new hero is going to be free.
User

by Zonoro13 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:43 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:The concept of other elven tribes has been explored. Rush had Sylvan elves. Origins has Arehdale elves.

And it worked, didn't it? Why stop there? Why not go further? There could be elves from the east that resemble Mongol horsemen, or sky elves that live in clouds and use wind to attack from above. Elves aren't intrinsically a better choice than anything else, but people are discounting them because "it's been done before."

RaZoR LeAf wrote:And not fit in? Do you want to check in with the Saurian's Darter, Savant, Blazefang, Deathcoil, Brute and Nightscale and their futuristic weapons? See if Sha'tra's energy glaive and drones are still around? It doesn't have to make sense to the story at all. What did Kutsao have to do with the Rising Tides update?

Origins is a prequel, and takes place several decades earlier than KR and KRF. The technology of the Saurians made sense, because increased technology could be seen throughout KRF. Even in KR, artillery and tesla coils had already been invented, and in the sequel, it was taken further. DWAARPS, Mechas, and Dark Forges all are highly advanced technology. Saurians made sense as a high-tech race. Meanwhile in Origins, there isn't even any gunpowder, and each enemy group is equal to or worse than the elves in terms of technology and innovation.

LawAbidingCactus wrote:At long last. :)
For the king!

P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there legal issues with introducing user-created content to a monetized game? Or does the issue arise when user-created content is monetized?
EDIT: Wait... never mind. The new hero is going to be free.

They won't be using a user-created hero, they will decide characteristics of the hero with polls.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

PreviousNext