New Gnome shop item for KRO

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

New Gnome shop item for KRO

by Krfan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:43 am

So in KR and KRF, there exists a life saver, which is the box of hearts, and it has no counterpart in KRO.

So, here's my idea: life keeper. It costs 300 gems and prevents any lives from being lost for a limited time, say around 12 seconds. I still don't have any thought as to what it would look like, though.
User

Re: New Gnome shop item for KRO

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:00 pm

OP. Nothing should be able to completely avoid a boss, but this will. How about it adds a layer of protection to your lives, making the 1st 5 lives lost within a limited time not count?
BBB

by Krfan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:45 pm

That'd be exactly the same as a nerfed box of hearts. How about making not work for bosses?
User

by Magnus0 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:18 pm

Krfan wrote:That'd be exactly the same as a nerfed box of hearts. How about making not work for bosses?

And boss enemies. Otherwise Umbra for example would still be completely countered. Make it so that you just can't use it in a boss wave.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Chimto » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Magnus Swiftwind wrote:
Krfan wrote:That'd be exactly the same as a nerfed box of hearts. How about making not work for bosses?

And boss enemies. Otherwise Umbra for example would still be completely countered. Make it so that you just can't use it in a boss wave.

When did Umbra appear in KRO?
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Magnus0 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:34 pm

I said 'for example'. Then still, there are no bosses in KRO who rely on their minions soooo... I got nothing :roll:
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:58 pm

Maybe there will be a minion boss eventually. They already stole from the Umbra fight with the Spider Goddess, why not do it again?
BBB

by Krfan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:26 pm

Even if, for some reason, there is another boss fight in which only minions come at you, the item will only work for a limited time and costs 300 gems. So, if it's anything like an Umbra fight, one needs to spend a lot of gems to stall for time, which doesn't make the item OP.
User

by Juice Box » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:42 am

I actually really like the idea, and it certainly fits all the other Gnome Shop items in KR:O.

I don't know, but, the Human items seem to be more about gaining an advantage from the very start, and hoping it pays off, like the Heart Box and the Gold Bag. The Elves, on the other hand, seem to be more about waiting for the right opportunity to strike, hence the Hand of Midas.

Iuno, but I think it fits with the whole theme. If the Hand of Midas isn't OP, then this isn't, either. The boss problem can be easily fixed by just not letting it be usable on bosses, like the Fat Boy or that Elynie artifact.
User