A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

For the King!

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Zonoro13 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:51 pm

Why not make the wings assymetrical? One wing mostly intact, with a few
tears in it, while the other is more damaged. They shouldn't be torn off or shredded.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Draconian » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:06 pm

Why not make the wings assymetrical? One wing mostly intact, with a few
tears in it, while the other is more damaged. They shouldn't be torn off or shredded.

Assymetrical wings could be good. I like the idea of one bat-like wing and one bird-like wing, to give the idea of a person torn between good and evil.
So if I lied in order to get the color I wanted, would I still be black because that means I am willing to do anything to achieve my goals?
User

by Thatamerican » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:11 pm

I think she would look great as pale with blonde hair and like red or yellow eyes. Black wings that look sort of like faustus's but smaller so it would compliment her size. Maybe a purple halo as well? Or a crown of thorns? I know she's supposed to be a demon creature but I would rather her not be red. After all she is a fallen angel who is seeking to redeem herself. What color do you guys think she would look best in?
User

by wailwail » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:21 pm

A mix between White and Black 8)
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by Thatamerican » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:26 pm

So gray? Do you want her to fly around or teleport? What do you think will be here mode of transportation?
User

by wailwail » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:34 pm

Not grey, but instead like " Yubel " from Yi Gi Oh GX
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by The_TaTs » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi guys,

Tomorrow we will upload a poll that will let you guys choose the Hero spell.

So if you guys want to pitch in ideas now would be a good time to do it.

We will make the portrait poll on Tuesday.

:D
User

by Zonoro13 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Name: Judgement.
Icon: A set of scales.
Effect: In an aoe, each enemy takes the total damage it has done throughout its life times a variable, as true damage. There is a minimum damage and an instakill chance.

Totally fits, am I right?
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Magnus0 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:36 pm

Name: soul shatter
Effect: All enemies that have less than x health get killed. No animation, they will just, Die. All enemies that survived get attacked by the souls of the dead enemies. This damages the survivors by the number of enemies killed times x.
Uses: great AoE, killing all low health enemies instantly. Doesn't do much damage to high health enemies (unless you let gloomies duplucate to create massive swarms and kill all of them at once so that you have tons of souls attacking the surviving high health enemies)
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Thatamerican » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:53 pm

That seems perfect! ^
User

by Draconian » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Wrath of the Heavens
All enemies in the AOE take x true damage, lose their armor and resistance, and suffer a penalty to their damage.

Host of Angels
Summons x angels to the selected area. They can be controlled independantly, like Durax's clones, and would deal large amounts of damage.
So if I lied in order to get the color I wanted, would I still be black because that means I am willing to do anything to achieve my goals?
User

by Simmonds91 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:47 pm

Death grasp but affects the entire map.

Though i really like magnus's siggestion, i wouldnt mind a skill like bruxas voodoo doll skill at all and durax's clone skill is also pretty awesome, itd be even better if it was upgraded (which it would since it would be a hero spell, unlike durax's)

Then again reg'sons insta kill hero spell is very good too so itd be cool to have maybe an aoe insta kill skill? Perhaps a flock of demons gather around an area surrounding a patch of ground and.. Stab...
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Dante133 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:41 pm

I also like Magnus' idea, it's beautiful :D

Go to Hell: Chains shoot up from the ground and hold every enemy in place for 2/3/5 seconds.

Absolution: Every enemy of the type being attacked by the Hero has a 30%/40%/50% chance of being absolved and sent to heaven (dead).

Pay for Your Sins: A circular scythe and chain attack (AOE) that converts 20%/30%/40% of all the enemies' health around her into gold. Her next attack deals the same amount of damage as the gold collected.

But nope, I prefer Magnus'
FOR THE KINGDOM!!!!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:58 pm

Manifestation (50s): Summons a dark beast with 50/100/150/200% of the combined damage and health of the enemies in a large selected range for 10/15/20/25 seconds.

Death's Grip (5s): Places a curse on an enemy that causes them to explode upon death for 20/30/40/50 True Damage. (Can stack)

Angle of Death (Varies): Summons an Angel of Death to scoop up enemies in its wings, killing them, with a cooldown of 240/210/180/150 seconds.

Heaven and Hell (30s): Blesses a selected tower with 200/300/400/500% damage for 10 seconds or a selected enemy with 70/50/30/10% damage for 10 seconds.
BBB

by Dante133 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:23 pm

Just a recap to get everyone super excited for the hero!

Our hero is; a female Fallen Angel (demonic creature), that uses ranged and melee attacks to vanquish her enemies with both her scythe and Chains of Judgement. She is seeking redemption and will not stop until all darkness is obliterated. She so far has an attack called Reaper's Harvest and can increase damage output using Soul Eater. It also looks like she'll be able to Resurrect on death and use Infernal Wheel to burn her enemies to a crisp!

I am keen :) only; hero spell, portrait and name to go!!!!
FOR THE KINGDOM!!!!
User

by Draconian » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:10 am

Just a recap to get everyone super excited for the hero!

Our hero is; a female Fallen Angel (demonic creature), that uses ranged and melee attacks to vanquish her enemies with both her scythe and Chains of Judgement. She is seeking redemption and will not stop until all darkness is obliterated. She so far has an attack called Reaper's Harvest and can increase damage output using Soul Eater. It also looks like she'll be able to Resurrect on death and use Infernal Wheel to burn her enemies to a crisp!

I am keen :) only; hero spell, portrait and name to go!!!!

Gaa! I'm so exited, it's great that Ironhide is doing this!

BBB's spell ideas look great, especially Manafestation.
User

by Simmonds91 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:21 am

Here is my problem with resurection: what if her respawn time is quick like phoenix's? Or what if because resurrection wins the devs decide to increase the respawn time to accomodate it?

That means we will have a next to useless skill and miss out on something that could be useful, we lose a skill slot and lose the replacement too. Has noone learned from the templars!?
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Juice Box » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:58 am

Simmonds91 wrote:Here is my problem with resurection: what if her respawn time is quick like phoenix's? Or what if because resurrection wins the devs decide to increase the respawn time to accomodate it?

That means we will have a next to useless skill and miss out on something that could be useful, we lose a skill slot and lose the replacement too. Has noone learned from the templars!?

Need I remind you of how useless Sha'Tra's Final Countdown ability is?

Some players don't want their hero dying, even if he takes a few enemies with him. With Resurrection, that problem is slightly fixed.

Also, regarding the Templars, that doesn't prove how this ability would be bad. It just proves how underpowered the Templars are. A real Resurrection ability should not work on chance, since that just sucks (Proof: Templars). It should instead work on cooldown. Like, if she gets killed, she can revive herself automatically once every 40 seconds or so. That'd make the ability much more useful, and actually worth looking at, instead of being infuriating whenever the hero doesn't revive.
User

by Kicksave » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:20 am

My 2 cents for what it's worth:

Redemption: The fallen hero gets her wings back for 12 seconds (normally they are damaged and torn) and regains her full angelic stature and appearance. Her play style changes during this time--she becomes a flying creature with powerful ranged holy attacks and an aura that inspires troops near her.

Vile Plague: Battlefield-wide spell that has random effects based on the Biblical Plagues of Egypt (which was supposedly delivered by the Angel of Death, making this even more fitting.)
-Locust Swarm inflicts 60 damage to all enemies onscreen over a few seconds
-Frog Flood gives every enemy a 30% chance of turning into a frog (similar to the Witches' spell)
-Total Darkness slows all enemies onscreen to 50% movement for 6 seconds
-Rain of Blood makes all enemies take an additional 50% damage for 6 seconds
-10th Plague (known as death of the firstborn) outright kills every non-boss enemy onscreen. However, this only has a 1% chance of occurrence. Very cool when it happens, however, as a ghastly wail is heard as the shadow passes over the land (per the biblical description)
User

by Thatamerican » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:34 am

Holy Crap....vile plague sounds amazing!!!!!!!! I would back that up 100% but It does seem a little overpowered. Even though the random effects sound glorious

Redemption sounds good as well. But instead of 12 seconds I would rather she Be an angel for like 30ish. Wouldn't you guys want to control her longer In her "redeemed" form? She could buff soldiers around her like Dante. Instead of the scythe and chain wip she could have a holy glaive and holy blasts. It would be like your controlling two separate characters! Both with different play styles! The vengeful demon would be based on slaughtering minions while the redeemed angel will boost soldiers and be more defensive. Now that I think about it. Maybe the skill should change the fallen angel permanently into the other form. Bad to good. Or good to bad. And repeat. The cool down would be like two minutes? I feel like this skill would change gameplay immensely and is completely different than all the other hero skills in the game so far

Vengeful demon:
Can not fly (wings were torn off when cast down from heaven)
Uses scythe and chain whip
Entirely built on slaughtering enemies
Massive dps

Redeemed angel:
Can fly
Built for defending and has an aura that bolsters soldiers and can heal them
Has high armor but not much attack
Uses a holy glaive (sort of resembles a scythe) and holy blasts for ranged attacks, or instead uses like a yellow or white chain?

The perks are interchangeable of course. But maybe they would be different colors depending on which form would be in use.
Last edited by Thatamerican on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
User

PreviousNext