A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

For the King!

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Kicksave » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:35 am

^Vile Plague can be toned down if it gets unbalanced. The numbers were meant only to be illustrative. Also, only one of the effects is ever in play.

Your suggestion on Redemption being a longer-term form switch is a very good one!
User

by Thatamerican » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:59 am

Just realized I pretty much just repeated what kickstart said. My bad
User

by Thatamerican » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:02 am

:hero: Thanks bro! Do you have any ideas on what each form should be like? Or any constructive criticism or amything? If this gets picked it should be done so by the collective help of the community
User

by Simmonds91 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:20 pm

That vile plague.. Dude, that is awesome! I love random effect attacks!

That redemption is also really cool, i like the idea of the hero transforming into a different playstyle. Its almost like a sword transforming into a shield and vice versa.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Zonoro13 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:57 pm

I don't like either of Kicksave's ideas. A hero spell should affect one spot, not the whole map. If it affects every enemy, or does the same thing regardless of where you tap, it takes away the strategy. That's why I don't like some gnome shop items.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Thatamerican » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:00 pm

The skills would be the same of course. They don't seem to conflict that much with the alternate form. Maybe just make them a different color or something? The overall idea of being able to use a hero with two different play styles, in my opinion is glorious
User

by Zonoro13 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:05 pm

Thatamerican wrote:The skills would be the same of course. They don't seem to conflict that much with the alternate form. Maybe just make them a different color or something? The overall idea of being able to use a hero with two different play styles, in my opinion is glorious

No, the players already voted for a certain play style. The hero should stick to that. This is a community hero, and the fan base doesn't want a defensive or supportive hero.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Thatamerican » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:17 pm

Let the people decide when they take the poll today. I'm just spitballing tbh. I don't care if mine gets picked as long as the hero is still awesome
User

by Zonoro13 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Thatamerican wrote:Let the people decide when they take the poll today. I'm just spitballing tbh. I don't care if mine gets picked as long as the hero is still awesome

I get that, I'm just trying to shoot down that idea so it doesn't get into the poll.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Thatamerican » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:21 pm

Actually I think you're right. The community wants a hero based on assault. Not defense. My bad for bringing that up
User

by Thatamerican » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:24 pm

What do you think would be a suitable hero skill?
User

by Zonoro13 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:44 pm

Here are some I think fit, reposted from previous people.

Name: Judgement.
Icon: A set of scales.
Effect: In an aoe, each enemy takes the total damage it has done throughout its life times a variable, as true damage. There is a minimum damage and an instakill chance.

Death's Grip (5s): Places a curse on an enemy that causes them to explode upon death for 20/30/40/50 True Damage. (Can stack)

Wrath of the Heavens
All enemies in the AOE take x true damage, lose their armor and resistance, and suffer a penalty to their damage.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by Thatamerican » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:52 pm

I like deaths grip and wrath of the heavens. That five second cool down seems extremely useful.
User

by The_TaTs » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:52 pm

Hi Kids,

Here is the new Poll...

http://ironhidegames.com/aheroisborn/step9.html

Don't feel disappointed if you don't see your ideas here. Many of them were very cool but couldn't be applied because A) We have another Hero in the making with very similar skills B) Can't be done for engine or game design reasons.
User

by Zonoro13 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:01 pm

The_TaTs wrote:A) We have another Hero in the making with very similar skills

:yey:

This is a harder choice than most of the other polls.

Shared Fate is very cool and strategic, and varies in usefulness depending on the stage and the wave.

I don't really get Heavenly Chaos. "Or"? Does it do one or the other depending on where you tap? Or does the player decide? I don't get it, but it does seem quite cool and situational.

Chained Punishment also sounds cool. A useful support spell with good damage.

Not sure which I'll vote for. I'll hold off for now.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by The_TaTs » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Heavenly Chaos is a 50/50 skill... either you summon heaven dudes/dudettes to fight for you or you cast infernal rain on an area.

We based it on the Vile Plage idea suggested by Kicksave but limited to two options due to game design reasons.
User

by Juice Box » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:15 pm

Chained Punishment is quite boring, in my opinion. It's really just Eridan's Arrow Storm sugarcoated to look different. Use it on a single enrmy and it does nothing, use it on a mob and it'll tear everything apart.

Shared Fate is also essentially a copy of Bruxa's Voodoo Magic ability, so I don't like it either.

My vote goes to Heavenly Chaos. I mean, an ability that'll spawn angel warriors. Superfreaking cool. To be honest, though, I hope they're not underpowered. Like, maybe there could only be two angels summoned, but they'd be superpowerful. That'd be the best.
User

by The_TaTs » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Juice Box wrote:Chained Punishment is quite boring, in my opinion. It's really just Eridan's Arrow Storm sugarcoated to look different. Use it on a single enrmy and it does nothing, use it on a mob and it'll tear everything apart.

It's actually based on Bravebark's ability, but with the difference that damage is increased the more enemies are affected by the spell. Maybe I didn't write it correctly but I had to little room to describe the skill in the poll. :(
User

by Zonoro13 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Gotta go with Juice here. A dual skill is awesomely.
-Terry Pratchett

User

by razieltnt » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:17 pm

The_TaTs wrote:Heavenly Chaos is a 50/50 skill... either you summon heaven dudes/dudettes to fight for you or you cast infernal rain on an area.

We based it on the Vile Plage idea suggested by Kicksave but limited to two options due to game design reasons.

This idea seems to be weird at first glance, however these skills (both damage AND summons) are commonly used on places where enemies currently are.
So theres no risk about losing that awesome damage when targetting empty field, because you were looking for summons.
This is the most boozesome, alcohol-soaked dwarven moradinian warrior cleric that I have ever drank with.
Thank You RaZoR LeAf for Your time and commitment.
User

PreviousNext