Defending Enemy Campaigns

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Defending Enemy Campaigns

by The_Viking » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:19 am

So I was staring at the wonderful KRO world map, looking at all the places I've conquered and feeling accomplished, and I thought, "Well, this is almost sad. I have all this territory, a huge army, but no enemies!" Of course, there are the mini-campaigns which offer new lands and more enemies to fend off, but there are no enemies trying to take back all the places I have conquered. And you may be thinking, "Well your armies completely abolished all the enemies within that area the first time you conquered it," or "You can always just replay the level, there are enemies there." No, I'm thinking something different.
What if, periodically, enemies would claim the areas you have conquered and you would have to take them back? The stake of land would appear red again with a cross(just like an unconquered piece of land), and a banner would appear on the map saying, "enemy forces have taken The Unseelie Court! Retake it before there army spreads to other lands", or any other stake of land. The battles would be the same as the campaign and heroic and iron challenges, but slightly harder so you have a good challenge. If you lose on the campaign fight, even only once, then the enemy advances to another piece of land for them to try conquer.
The whole point of this is to offer you something to do with your old territories you have conquered. They just sit there, all alone, with no attention except for when you feel like you want to play them again, which honestly doesn't happen often for me. I think it would be awesome, because it would feel like the enemy is really launching a war campaign on your lands, without it being an actual update you have to download. What do you think?
User

Location: Minnesota, U.S.A, which is pretty much just a new version of Norway.

Re: Defending Enemy Campaigns

by Dante133 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:29 am

Okay, I absolutely love this idea, it's so simple but makes the game that much better! I honestly think you should PM the devs :D
FOR THE KINGDOM!!!!
User

by Magnus0 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:10 am

I guess Ironhide can make a whole new game out of this. I hope they will make other strategy games in the future with the KR universe. like a moba with the heroes, or a turn based game.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:46 pm

What if an evil general was trying to conquer the lands for themselves, and he would send in a certain special unit (a new enemy) into areas that he's tring to overtake? He could also send in even stronger enemy forces to lands which he has conquered, and gets a special bonus for completely taking over a region, like the Soaring Ruins. :mrgreen:

I like the idea of an extra challenge while also being a punishment for defeat. There should be a bonus of rewards for completing hostile territory missions, such as the unique units who spawn there giving a significant amount of gems and/or randomly dropping a Gnome Item?
Last edited by Big Bad Bug on Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
BBB

by tiger_deF » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:45 am

Once the army "captured" a certain point they could spread to other areas...
Pie is tasty
So is cheesecake
User

by The_Viking » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:49 pm

tiger_deF wrote:Once the army "captured" a certain point they could spread to other areas...

Exactly. It's like a mini campaign without having to update the game, and it could happen randomly.
Dante133 wrote:Okay, I absolutely love this idea, it's so simple but makes the game that much better! I honestly think you should PM the devs :D

Thank you! I think I will
Big Bad Bug wrote:What if an evil general was trying to conquer the lands for themselves, and he would send in a certain special unit (a new enemy) into areas that he's tring to overtake? He could also send in even stronger enemy forces to lands which he has conquered, and gets a special bonus for completely taking over a region, like the Soaring Ruins. :mrgreen:

I like the idea of an extra challenge while also being a punishment for defeat. There should be a bonus of rewards for completing hostile territory missions, such as the unique units who spawn there giving a significant amount of gems and/or randomly dropping a Gnome Item?

This sounds cool, but I just wanted to make a system where the devs didn't have to make new content or enemies. This is simply just regular enemies that have taken back the land you conquered and you have to fight for it again
User

Location: Minnesota, U.S.A, which is pretty much just a new version of Norway.

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:07 pm

But you mentioned making the stages harder. The best way to implement that would be to have unique enemies spawn that are balanced for these situations. ;)
BBB

by Saurian » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:23 pm

Actually I think TaTs stalks everywhere and probably will read this in a moment...

Besides, I loved this. It improves the strategy feel, and makes you feel alive in game i think. I don't expect much big works for a "catch them on their way and stop!" map, it can be etiher a single path with few spots or a wide open area with a land of tower spots in the middle. (see: 2nd stage of KRO) I also fancy a war leader like in endless, but at the end it;
a)Retreat while swearing
b)Die as a hero

Lol i'm hyped.
I have a friend that bounced off from Tumblr
Razor made me an awesome avatar!
User