A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

For the King!

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Simmonds91 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Guys guys, chill out, once the hero has been created another thread will be made by ironhide for the official lore and whatnot. No need to try and explain this heros or dierdres origins here until our hero has actually been made. :)
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Juice Box » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:51 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Either one wuld be fine for me. At least wit the percentage chance, the consequence of not paying off wouldn't be so bad if there was a 15 second respawn, but having success with the chance will be really awesome. A chance for an epic payoff with failure being lightly punished makes it far less annoying if it doesn't kick in, but still feel really good if it does work. That's something we haven't had in a hero yet, and I think it would be a lot more fun, and far better in Endless Mode as well.

Also, 50 seconds is horribly UP.


The 50 seconds thing was an example. Just, yeah, you get the idea. Cooldown-based Resurrection spell and whatever.

Anyways, you still have to remember that some players would rather not take the risk at all. Like, me, for example: even if her respawn time was 15 seconds, I'd much rather send her back to regenerate than have her stay and hope she resurrects. Some people like to be assured.

And while you do have a point, that we should have a hero that can disappoint us at times, we already have a Hero Spell for that. Her Heavenly Chaos ability is 50/50, right? Some players would want those warrior angels and not the infernal fire, some people would want vice versa. Even if they get disappointed with what happens, they still have a good consolation: no warrior angels? Here's infernal fire. No infernal fire? Here's some warrior angels. People who get disappointed won't be entirely bummed out, 'cause, you know, they still get something good in return. With a chance-based resurrection, that isn't the case. If she resurrects, then hurray, good for you, but if she doesn't, she dies, and tough luck, you'll have to wait a while before she comes back.

So, yeah. Cooldown-based resurrection ability = Great, Your face = Evil.

Hmm... This actually makes me think: we need atleast something good happening if she doesn't resurrect, right? So what if, when she doesn't resurrect, Redemption kicks in and she explodes?
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by wailwail » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:14 am

Explodes? I would say her wings start glowing, and deal 250 holy damage to the enemy blinding it.
Image
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:46 am
Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Juice Box » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:50 am

wailwail wrote:Explodes? I would say her wings start glowing, and deal 250 holy damage to the enemy blinding it.


Well, close enough. Point is that she either immediately resurrects, or takes enemies with her when she dies.

It's supposed to be sort of like her hero spell, right? Half of the time, something "holy." Half of the time, something "demonic." Either you get warrior angels or infernal fire. Same here. Either you resurrect immediately (holy), or you die but take enemies with you (demonic).
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by tmn loveblue » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:18 pm

Now that ^ is great. We should definitely bring that in. It would greatly reduce the annoyance when the resurrect chance fails to work
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:41 pm

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Simmonds91 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Its good and all but i think its cheating a bit, i mean if you guys wanted block and the damage after death would you be complaining that they also mix damage/block or block/ressurection? Its annoying seeing the skill you want losing in votes but what was put in the poll shouldnt be changed as much as that, its not fair on the others.

In all fairness the 50/50 chance of ressurecting or taking your enemies down with you is an awesome idea.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Saurian » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:08 pm

%25/50/100 chance to resurrect every 100/75/50 seconds? 50 seconds is is not a bad ratio i think, since a game lasts 10-20 mins, that's a lot.
I have a friend that bounced off from Tumblr
Razor made me an awesome avatar!
Image
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:46 pm
Location: 10-0-11-0-0:02

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Zonoro13 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:31 pm

No, just allow the hero to resurrect every x/x-n/x-2n seconds. When the ability is charged up, there's a glow around the hero's feet, so you know if you can let the hero die or not. I'd say 100/80/60 seconds and maybe when the glow is active, nearby soldier get a small resurrection chance as well? This would increase too.

Reviving instantly is a very strong skill, it needs a long cooldown. It allows your hero to block a strong enemy for twice as long, possibly saving lives. And all that time it'll be doing damage.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by wailwail » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:03 pm

But remember that our hero is a hybrid, and she's a damage dealer, not a tanker. So she might be a little squishy.
Image
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:46 am
Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Magnus0 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:14 pm

wailwail wrote:But remember that our hero is a hybrid, and she's a damage dealer, not a tanker. So she might be a little squishy.


I guess her stats will be similar to Dante. Very high melee and ranged attack damage with a good attack rate and rather fast speed, but low health and no or low armor.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: rage valley, where I slay endless waves of orcs

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Juice Box wrote:Anyways, you still have to remember that some players would rather not take the risk at all. Like, me, for example: even if her respawn time was 15 seconds, I'd much rather send her back to regenerate than have her stay and hope she resurrects. Some people like to be assured.

And while you do have a point, that we should have a hero that can disappoint us at times, we already have a Hero Spell for that. Her Heavenly Chaos ability is 50/50, right? Some players would want those warrior angels and not the infernal fire, some people would want vice versa. Even if they get disappointed with what happens, they still have a good consolation: no warrior angels? Here's infernal fire. No infernal fire? Here's some warrior angels. People who get disappointed won't be entirely bummed out, 'cause, you know, they still get something good in return. With a chance-based resurrection, that isn't the case. If she resurrects, then hurray, good for you, but if she doesn't, she dies, and tough luck, you'll have to wait a while before she comes back.

So, yeah. Cooldown-based resurrection ability = Great, Your face = Evil.

Hmm... This actually makes me think: we need atleast something good happening if she doesn't resurrect, right? So what if, when she doesn't resurrect, Redemption kicks in and she explodes?


Even if we already have a skill to fill that purpose (which it doesn't since either way it's useful and thus has no risk), having more would be better because they would compliment that playstyle more. If you want a reliable hero, just use any other hero, since every single one of them works that way. I'm trying to create a hero with a unique playstyle. After all, fun is the main goal here, right?

Also, combining damage and a resurrection chance is OP. Maybe she could have something like Dante's skill where she can perform actions even while dead.
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Juice Box » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Unique playstyle? That's your goal? But the hero's abilities have all been decided, and as you can see, she follows the same formula as all other heroes--atleast, the ones from KR:F and KR:O. She's got a crowd-control ability, a single-target ability, a passive, and an improvement/support, like everyone else.

And yes, all heroes do follow that formula, no matter their class. They always have an ability that'll help them against crowds, and an ability that'll help them against one guy, a passive, and an ability that'll support him/her/the player somehow.

Look at Alric, for example:
Crowd Control = Sand Warriors
Single-Target = Flurry
Passive = Spiked Armor
Support = Toughness + Swordsmanship

And Eridan:
Crowd Control = Arrow Volley
Single-Target = Double Strike
Passive = Porcupine
Support = Nimble Fencer

And Arivan:
Crowd Control = Seal of Fire
Single-Target = Lightning Strike
Passive = Stone Dance
Support = Icy Prison

Everyone follows that standard, from the tanks (Alric) to the hybrids (Eridan) to the ranged attackers (Arivan). Pretty much all Fr and Or heroes follow this formula, the only exceptions being Phoenix and Bonehart, and even they come really close.

Just, you said you want a hero with a fun playstyle. You can't have that anymore. Her abilities, her role, they've already been decided. The most you should want from her now is that she's atleast fun and reliable, capable of making a change in the battlefield, which is what I was trying to do, not that she brings something new to the table.

EDIT:

Realized Tats might think me and BBB are arguing. To Tats: no, we're not arguing. We just disagree a lot. Actually, to be more accurate, BBB Is just fun to disagree with.

Don't worry, we've disagreed with each other lots of times in the past, and I of course have always triumphed because of A) my overall badassiness, and B) BBB's lack of sufficient brain cells. So don't you worry, no flame wars'll sprout out of this.

but anyways pls read everything everyone posted in this thread liek i swear everyone is bringing up valid points which could maek the new hero moar fun and stuff so yay
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:48 pm

You're looking too far into this. Having a chance of revival is already a unique addition to her playstyle. That alone will make the Fallen Angel usable in a way that wouldn't be viable with other heroes. That's all that I meant. Sheesh, what a waste of text.
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by The_TaTs » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Stops eating pop corn.

So... There'll be no poll tomorrow. We are still working on the Hero's concept art and since we will put 3 portraits in the poll, we won't make it in time.

So this week the poll will be on Friday.

Now you can go back to argue.

Grabs more pop corn.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Simmonds91 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:04 pm

I think the main thing, the main thing.. Is whether this ressurection will heal her completely or partially. I have come under the assumption it would only be partially, if this is the case and you have not done so already perhaps if you added health for each upgrade? 15/20/25% chance of reviving, 25/50/75% health regained. (Though 50/75/100% would be much better, even if it makes the ressurection a teeeensy bit OP)
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Zonoro13 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:12 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:I think the main thing, the main thing.. Is whether this ressurection will heal her completely or partially. I have come under the assumption it would only be partially, if this is the case and you have not done so already perhaps if you added health for each upgrade? 15/20/25% chance of reviving, 25/50/75% health regained. (Though 50/75/100% would be much better, even if it makes the ressurection a teeeensy bit OP)

Ooh, great idea. Except your numbers are horribly UP, 25% will never get noticed.

Look at Bravebark, his healing ability is basically resurrection, and works on allies as well. Let's compare it to that. A chance of working, as JB said, is not good. It leaves you disappointed and not willing to use the chance much. So a cooldown of 100/80/60 seconds and a revive of 60/80/100% is in my opinion good. If it seems OP, remember that as a damage dealer, she probably won't have armor, and her health won't be too high; this will be her entire defense.

As long as she has the glow around her feet to denote a ready resurrection, it should be fine.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Dante133 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:32 pm

The_TaTs wrote:Stops eating pop corn.

So... There'll be no poll tomorrow. We are still working on the Hero's concept art and since we will put 3 portraits in the poll, we won't make it in time.

So this week the poll will be on Friday.

Now you can go back to argue.

Grabs more pop corn.


Super keen for the portraits :D
FOR THE KINGDOM!!!!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:55 am

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Simmonds91 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:44 pm

I dont want a simple glow to signify her ressurection is ready, id much prefer a halo or a set of wings that grow out her back when its ready, i dunno, but a glow at her feet? Sounds unnatural and fake to me.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Zonoro13 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:55 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:I dont want a simple glow to signify her ressurection is ready, id much prefer a halo or a set of wings that grow out her back when its ready, i dunno, but a glow at her feet? Sounds unnatural and fake to me.

That's a good idea, I just meant there should be a sign that resurrection is ready.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:22 am

60 seconds is a bit too long for me. Comparing to Bravebark would lead me to believe that it takes 20 seconds to regenerate more than your maximum HP, so the cooldown of her skill should be around 20 seconds, right?
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

PreviousNext

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests
cron