A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

For the King!

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Simmonds91 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:28 am

Way too fast, i think 40 or 50 seconds is enough, i mean any less and itd be OP. Though id much prefer it to be based on kills, kill 20-30 enemies and then it activates, or at least has a high percentage chance of happening.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:28 pm

So many better ideas... Too bad it can't be changed now...

I think 40 seconds would be good. After all, a really long gap between revival and normal death would make the ability rare in actual combat, so her playstyle still wouldn't be influenced all that much. It would definitely still make a difference, but not as much. 40 seconds feels like it can happen pretty often without feeling like something that can be abused. I also believe that a full health revival should exist for the skill at all upgrade levels. We don't want to repeat the UPness of Templars.

I'm pretty sure the skill is still going to stay as a chance revival. That's what the writing states in the poll, so people voting for that are expecting a %. Changing it would pretty much be lying. Good thing a percentage chance is still perfectly fine. ;)
BBB

by Saurian » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:51 pm

Hero will revive with a chance. And chances are 1/1. Problem soved :) Also, levelling to %100 means there still will be chances at the beginning levels.

Hyped for the portraits atm.
I have a friend that bounced off from Tumblr
Razor made me an awesome avatar!
User

by Kowaghuz » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:57 pm

Wait a second, 50 pages?

I missed out a lot, it seems.

Can somebody sum up the part I lost of the S***posting Saga: Rise of the Fallen angel?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:20 pm

We've pretty much reached the near-end of the voting, having decided on equipment on abilities most recently. The next poll will decide the actual appearance of the hero. :)
BBB

by Kowaghuz » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:42 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:We've pretty much reached the near-end of the voting, having decided on equipment on abilities most recently. The next poll will decide the actual appearance of the hero. :)

Haven't given up on the diablo-style/curly hair female+toga design yet.

I just hope people aren't going to pick purple-haired(I'm willing to go with bright red, but that's it) overweight women(like tumblr would).
User

by tmn loveblue » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:21 pm

I think we should go with JB's idea: She has a revival chance upon death, and when it doesn't happen, she blows up, dealing huge damage. Either way it would be satisfying, and makes people willing to let her die sometimes to make a dent on a big mook: She may revive and keep blocking the nasty foe, dealing damage, or she blows, dealing even more damage to that one and those around it. This way it won't feel like cheating the fans who have decided, but rather like an add-on to the skill to make it much, much better.
User

by Zonoro13 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:56 pm

No, if the fans wanted an explosion on death, they would have voted for that option. If the hero exploded on death, this would make the combination of both effects OP, and it would have to be nerfed to lame-o levels to be a balanced, and then it wouldn't do anything.

How about this: the hero starts the stage with a 0% chance of revival, and this chance slowly increases over time; when the chance is 100%, the hero gains a halo to show the player that they don't have to worry as much about the hero. Reviving or dying would of course would reset the counter. At max level the chance would reach maximum in around a minute.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:No, if the fans wanted an explosion on death, they would have voted for that option. If the hero exploded on death, this would make the combination of both effects OP, and it would have to be nerfed to lame-o levels to be a balanced, and then it wouldn't do anything.

How about this: the hero starts the stage with a 0% chance of revival, and this chance slowly increases over time; when the chance is 100%, the hero gains a halo to show the player that they don't have to worry as much about the hero. Reviving or dying would of course would reset the counter. At max level the chance would reach maximum in around a minute.

Complex at first, but easy to catch on to. I thing that the halo should just glow brighter and brighter as the chance increases, then become noticeably significant at maximum power in a similar way to Bastion. I think thisis the best way to do this, with the description:

[Hero] gains a 1/2/3% chance every second to revive from death, resetting with each life.
BBB

by wailwail » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:19 pm

[Hero]? The name of the community made hero is leaked!
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:33 pm

Kowaghuz wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:We've pretty much reached the near-end of the voting, having decided on equipment on abilities most recently. The next poll will decide the actual appearance of the hero. :)

Haven't given up on the diablo-style/curly hair female+toga design yet.

I just hope people aren't going to pick purple-haired(I'm willing to go with bright red, but that's it) overweight women(like tumblr would).

As a member of tumblr, I hope people don't pick a diablo look a like in a toga, like the unoriginal google image search community.
Yes it's me

by Saurian » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Kowaghuz wrote:Haven't given up on the diablo-style/curly hair female+toga design yet.

Nah, tumblr people (maybe just me&people i know) wouldn't go overweight. Purple hair maybe. With dark clothes.

Aaaand, don't toga look so "from heaven" or "from Romans"? Another hero might fit well inside within the KR universe but this wouldn't look cool enough i think.
I have a friend that bounced off from Tumblr
Razor made me an awesome avatar!
User

by Kowaghuz » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:38 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:As a member of tumblr.

God damn it.

I hope it's the sane part of tumblr, at least.

---

Okay, let's say it's not a toga+curly hair or diablo-style angel, what then? Armoured winged woman with a (horned, though I really hope they don't do that) helmet on? A pink mass of light engulfed by a burka-like robe?

You know, there can be good designs other than what I first mentioned, but the most cliche designs are the ones that will 100% enter the contest.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:25 pm

How do you know that generic ideas will enter the contest? Ironhide necer goes for clichés unless it's for comedy, and even then they often use subversion. Some of the previous possibilities for the hero have been far from cliché, like the unicorn option and many of the demon choices. We'll have some pretty cool designs to choose from for the hero.
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:49 pm

Kowaghuz wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:As a member of tumblr.

God damn it.

I hope it's the sane part of tumblr, at least.

There's a sane part? Who let that happen?
Yes it's me

by The_TaTs » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Hi kids,

Check out the 3 visual concepts for the Fallen Angel made by Chapa.

The poll will be ready in a few minutes.

EDIT: Here is the Poll , enjoy! - http://ironhidegames.com/aheroisborn/step10.html

User

by MalikHammerfury » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi Tats !!! 3rd one is just WoW my vote goes to her !! Thank you Chapa for great drawings !
Legend: Administrators, Moderators
Forum Classification: Veteran
User

by Zonoro13 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:52 pm

Yeah, the third one is cool.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by The_TaTs » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:53 pm

The poll is now ready:

http://ironhidegames.com/aheroisborn/step10.html

Vote away! :hero:
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:00 pm

I love number two, it has a sci-fi look about it. It reminds me of the 'angels' in Tales of Symphonia.
Yes it's me

PreviousNext