A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

For the King!

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:36 pm

1,000th post YEAH!

I picked number 3 because that dress gives her so much presence without looking like something that would get in the way. It makes her even look like she'll make an impact in battle, which I hope that she does. :twisted:
BBB

by wailwail » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:39 pm

The II one looks better for a supportive hero, but the third makes her look vicious and deadly, slaying any enemy that stands in her way when she is seeking to get back her normal wings!
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:52 pm

Are these the only 3 options that were made, or were there others that got scrapped?
BBB

by wailwail » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:57 pm

Do you want 50 others?
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by The_TaTs » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:03 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Are these the only 3 options that were made, or were there others that got scrapped?

We only needed 3. How many Chapa scraped before presenting these only he knows. :?
User

by The_Viking » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:03 pm

I just thought of a cool concept (I know the options are already up, I just wanted to share an idea :) ) What about an angel with half of her body being good, pure flesh while the other half being rotting, evil flesh(split down the middle)? Kind of like the Norse goddess Hel. That would be awesome, because her good side of her body could glow when she performs a holy skill, and her rotten side could glow when she casts a dark spell. Pure awesomeness. (along with the super-cool concept art for this poll :D )
User

Location: Minnesota, U.S.A, which is pretty much just a new version of Norway.

by Kowaghuz » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:27 am

The_TaTs wrote:Hi kids,

Check out the 3 visual concepts for the Fallen Angel made by Chapa.

The poll will be ready in a few minutes.

EDIT: Here is the Poll , enjoy! - http://ironhidegames.com/aheroisborn/step10.html

I-crap
II-Okay
III-ecksellent

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Kowaghuz wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:As a member of tumblr.

God damn it.

I hope it's the sane part of tumblr, at least.

There's a sane part? Who let that happen?

You're honest, I like that.
User

by shadownight » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:48 am

1 -more like elfish than angel

2 -hightech badass angel

3 -pure evil like the feel of starcraft queens zerg

User

by Finwer » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:21 pm

I voted for the 2nd one because it looks like it will fit better in the kr universe.
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Juice Box » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:55 pm

rantrantrant time

I'm actually not very satisfied with any of the three.

The first one is actually really interesting to look at, but the open cleavage and minimal amount of clothing is a major turn-off. I mean, what is that on her crotch? I know this won't actually happen in the game, but if she moves even a little everyone's gonna get a panty-shot. And the stockings? Like, you're this super angel warrior, fighting bad guys and stuff, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't need stockings for a job like that. Same goes for a scarf. And the open cleavage and arm stockings are just... wow. Great protection.

The second one has the most ehh design out of all the three. Her face just isn't as alluring as the other two's, and the single-wing and blood-on-eyes concepts are sort of lame. And I really don't like how her chains sprout right from her, umm... special woman area... I mean, like, I really don't want to think that her chains' power comes from her superspecial happy place, but that's reaaaally what it looks like. I also don't like her cybernetic feel, since it's sort of out-of-place in the KR universe. I mean, you know, fantasy. Having cybernetic races is fine, of course, and great, even--but it shouldn't be for the angels or demons.

The third is actually my favorite out of all three, because she just flat-out looks badass. The chains are amazing and perfect, and I really, really, really like how they're bound to her wrists. Those long blade-things on her dress is also really amazing, the necklace, ends of her dress, armblades and even that piece of armor on her navel are great. It's actually really hard to rant on her since she just looks so amazing. Buuut I like challenges, so I will anyway:

Firstly, the scythe doesn't look dangerous. It looks like a farming tool. Second, the helmet should not be there, because Iuno it looks weird and I just don't like it. Third, the wings are too small, and are too demonic. I mean, she's supposed to be a fallen angel, not a demon. Meaning she should look like an angel who's "gone to the dark side" or whatever. So demonic wings shouldn't be a thing for her.

Main problem for me, though, is that she doesn't look like an angel. At all. I mean, look at her, guys. She's more a ghost than a fallen angel. She doesn't even have legs, just floats around. The lack of a face worsens that. I mean, it's like she's this sentient being of armor, and while that's cool, it certainly isn't a fallen angel, and a fallen angel is what I--and majority of us--signed up for.

Personally, what I want is the scythe and body of the first hero (horns included), on the armor of the third hero. The first hero is already really good, she just needs to stop looking like a stripper. The overall badassiness of the third hero will fix that, and would make her design near-perfect, in my opinion.
User

by Finwer » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Completely agree with Juice's post.
As an future artist I understand some of the things that IH's artist added (or didn't added) to the concepts.I understand the cleavage part,I mean look at Bruxa or Dierdre,Bruxa also lets some of her feet uncovered as well.About the dress....yep...too much skin.
I voted for the 2nd one because it didn't looked like the 3rd one that reminds me of Razor from DOTA 2 or the first one.But why the android-like head?It doesn't look like an fallen angel at all,more like an space angel.Voted for it because it looked most like I imagined her from the 3.
I think the problem here is that the artist tried to include too many ideas in just 3 models.But y'know they are just concepts and can be changed before including them in the game.
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by The_Viking » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:31 pm

Juice Box wrote:rantrantrant time

The first one is actually really interesting to look at, but the open cleavage and minimal amount of clothing is a major turn-off. I mean, what is that on her crotch? I know this won't actually happen in the game, but if she moves even a little everyone's gonna get a panty-shot. And the stockings? Like, you're this super angel warrior, fighting bad guys and stuff, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't need stockings for a job like that. Same goes for a scarf. And the open cleavage and arm stockings are just... wow. Great protection.

Huh, I actually thought the first one was pretty cool. The stockings and lack of armor would not be effective in battle, yes, but this is only a game and I think the devs are just trying to make her as visually cool as possible. And the first one does look pretty cool to me, as well as having the coolest scythe out of the three. and she's hot :lol:
User

Location: Minnesota, U.S.A, which is pretty much just a new version of Norway.

by awesomejoon » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:19 pm

3 I.S. R.A.W. That's it
Fate/Grand Order is a cancer game
I'm dead. Nuff said
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Juice Box wrote:rantrantrant time

Catha manages in a onesie.
Yes it's me

by The_TaTs » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Just a quick remark.

Concept 1 is NOT wearing stockings. Those are skin marks.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:01 pm

I'm noticing that there is a plethora of detail in each of these images. Either the hero is going to be unnaturally large compared to other humanoids or she's going to lose most of the detail in-game except for in the hero room, where we'll still see her head and a little part of her torso like every hero.
BBB

by truteal » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:47 pm

My favorite is Concept 1, the other two look mechanical (though Concept 3 is the better of the two)

I can't vote, can somebody at Ironhide give a vote to Concept 1?
User

by Juice Box » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:21 am

Viking wrote:Huh, I actually thought the first one was pretty cool. The stockings and lack of armor would not be effective in battle, yes, but this is only a game and I think the devs are just trying to make her as visually cool as possible. And the first one does look pretty cool to me, as well as having the coolest scythe out of the three. and she's hot :lol:

Yeah, I agree about the scythe, but you can't justify her lack of clothing by saying, "this is only a game," and that the devs were trying, "to make her as visually cool as possible." It's a common trope that sex should sell, but that doesn't mean it's good.

I'm highly doubting Ironhide actually tried to go for a "sexy" appeal for the first concept, since it's reaaaally far from what they normally do, but that's what it looks like.

TaTs wrote:Concept 1 is NOT wearing stockings. Those are skin marks.

Umm... Isn't that... worse?

'Cause then she's not wearing anything on her legs at all. Just showing them off.

RazorLeaf wrote:Catha manages in a onesie.

So does Tinkerbell, but they're pixies and lame, so nobody cares.

But really, though, atleast Catha doesn't look like a fanservice machine. She doesn't have that open cleavage and there's no way she'd get a panty-shot by moving two inches, unlike the first concept.
User

by Kicksave » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:05 am

#3 will probably win because it's visually striking and "badass" in the gothic/Diablo sense. I definitely liked it the most at first glance.

But I'm not digging the faceless thing. It doesn't have the beloved KR personality. It looks like a standard archetype versus one of Ironhide's unique creations. #1 has a bit more character to it. #3 is like Sauron with boobies. Which is badass...but more Diablo than Kingdom Rush.
User

by Draconian » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:30 pm

Well, I'm back from a week-long exile, only to find that I've missed one of the polls! The horror!

On to the task at hand...

#1- Too shrimpy and wimpy for my tastes.
#2- A long, thin dress doesn't seem very efficient for battle if you have legs, and the marks on her face aren't likeable. Her weapon reminds me of a toucan's head. Not cool.
#3- Yes! Power and menace, nice wings, cool scy- wait a sec...

Your giving her a scythe? Just an agricultural scythe, and not a war scythe with the blade parallel to the shaft? How is she supposed to hit anything if she has to reach around and then draw the scythe backwards accross her target? It's very inefficient! Plus it's tiny! Scythes are large, two-handed tools. #1 and #2 are little sickles!

Other than the scythe, Option #3 is good. Sadly, it looks like #2 will win. Overall, I am dissapointed.
So if I lied in order to get the color I wanted, would I still be black because that means I am willing to do anything to achieve my goals?
User

PreviousNext