A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

For the King!

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Juice Box » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:21 am

Simmonds wrote:juicebox, if you want the fallen angel to have a face and body then choose one of the two other options. you think the fallen angel should have a face and body? i think otherwise (i wanted a hero to be much like the fallen knight enemies from the blackburne levels) and while ironhide usually follow tropes and various things people usually see, that doesn't mean they have to. the fanbase is not people that have the same opinions as you juicebox which is why they gave us a poll. I am part of the fanbase and they have done well by me for giving me that third option so no they have not gone against the fanbase.


I'm sorry, but this is a jumbled mess. And yes, they have gone against the fanbase. Tats has just proven it:

Tats wrote:we were also trying to stray from classical biblical looking Angels


Take a look at your logic and realize that, according to you, atleast, Ironhide can take a fridge, give it wings then call it an angel, and things would still be alright. Because A) it's a poll, and B) she still has wings.

To be honest, I myself voted for the third option, but only because it was still the best out of the three, in my opinion. The fact that she's not even close to an angel is still vastly disappointing. Because, again, Ironhide should have forewarned us that they were going to stray away from the typical angel design. I mean, really: when all those people voted for the Fallen Angel option in one of the first polls that Ironhide released, did you think they visualized a typical angel with demonic traits, or a floating, faceless piece of armor with wings?

This is a minor screw-up on Ironhide's part, something that can be ignored, but it's still a screw-up nonetheless. Don't be biased and say it's not just because you're part of the fanbase.
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Dante133 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:38 am

Evangeline (all I've got the energy for right now)
FOR THE KINGDOM!!!!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:55 am

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Kicksave » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:46 am

Chillax dude! A lot of people here freak out when the design goes against their personal whims (which do NOT represent the fanbase necessarily).

There are definitely angels in popular culture with no faces. Hell (pun intended), just look at Diablo III's Tyrael and Malthael. In fact, Malthael--who is the absolute epitome of "fallen angel" in gaming the last few years--almost looks to be the inspiration for this new character. Faceless, shredded skirt with no body, agricultural scythe, demon wings, dark plate armor. Frankly, it's probably not totally coincidence... :mrgreen:

Truthfully, I voted against #3 (even though it's the most visually striking) because it was "too Diablo" and didn't seem to have the KR personality. But hey, I'm not surprised it won and that fans actually preferred the popular Malthael interpretation of gaming's fallen angel.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:49 am

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Dante133 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:51 am

I would like to point out to everyone talking about the "no face" thing and just remind you that in game, basically all the human characters lack facial features :D so meh, a faceless avatar won't affect how the hero is on the whole.
FOR THE KINGDOM!!!!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:55 am

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Kicksave » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:59 am

What the heck, a Malthael (Angel of Death) quote for maximum fan service: "Death comes, Nephalem!"

Dark Knight Rises: "You think darkness is your ally?"

Or just to be cute: "I am born of the community!"
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:49 am

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Juice Box » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:06 am

Kicksave wrote:Chillax dude! A lot of people here freak out when the design goes against their personal whims (which do NOT represent the fanbase necessarily).

There are definitely angels in popular culture with no faces. Hell (pun intended), just look at Diablo III's Tyrael and Malthael. In fact, Malthael--who is the absolute epitome of "fallen angel" in gaming the last few years--almost looks to be the inspiration for this new character. Faceless, shredded skirt with no body, agricultural scythe, demon wings, dark plate armor. Frankly, it's probably not totally coincidence... :mrgreen:

Truthfully, I voted against #3 (even though it's the most visually striking) because it was "too Diablo" and didn't seem to have the KR personality. But hey, I'm not surprised it won and that fans actually preferred the popular Malthael interpretation of gaming's fallen angel.


This is actually sort of why I still voted for #3, because I thought to myself, "hey, I can just pretend that it's like Auriel from Diablo, and that the helmet is a hood or something, so she's just hiding her face and isn't totally a floating piece of demonic armor."

So, yeah, whatevs.

I actually also spotted a few flaws in what you said, however I have just finished reading the Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider, and it feels as if Robyn Schneider's secret plan all along was to discharge as many tears from my everything as physically possible through this gory machine called "her book," whose sole purpose is to extricate tears from from my frail, fifteen-year old girl of a body, so I shall decide not to point out these flaws, and instead continue eating my ice cream as my eyes fulfill their status quo of seven buckets' worth of tears.

(I don't actually have ice cream with me. That just makes me sadder. Whatever.)
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by SairiRM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:03 am

Name:

Elesett - Fallen (In Hungarian)
Rene' - Fallen (In Albanian)
Mekat - Sin (In Albanian)
Rennis - Sinner backwards
Ganel - Anagram of "Angel"
“Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.”
Sir Bobby Charlton
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1803
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:35 pm
Location: Albania

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by wailwail » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:16 am

Malaika - Angels ( Plural ) in Arabic
Malak - Angle in Arabic
Image
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:46 am
Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Kowaghuz » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:48 pm

Cool, man!

Let's see how many languages we can speak by saying fallen in them!

Cazut(Cuhzut)-Romanian
Casutum-Latin
Casheut-French
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:52 pm
Location: The Icewind Peak mountain range

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Simmonds91 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:19 pm

Juice Box wrote:
I'm sorry, but this is a jumbled mess. And yes, they have gone against the fanbase. Tats has just proven it:

Tats wrote:we were also trying to stray from classical biblical looking Angels


Take a look at your logic and realize that, according to you, atleast, Ironhide can take a fridge, give it wings then call it an angel, and things would still be alright. Because A) it's a poll, and B) she still has wings.

To be honest, I myself voted for the third option, but only because it was still the best out of the three, in my opinion. The fact that she's not even close to an angel is still vastly disappointing. Because, again, Ironhide should have forewarned us that they were going to stray away from the typical angel design. I mean, really: when all those people voted for the Fallen Angel option in one of the first polls that Ironhide released, did you think they visualized a typical angel with demonic traits, or a floating, faceless piece of armor with wings?

This is a minor screw-up on Ironhide's part, something that can be ignored, but it's still a screw-up nonetheless. Don't be biased and say it's not just because you're part of the fanbase.


again, if you dont like it, dont vote for it. you complain that one of the three options you could have chosen from is not the same as a typical biblical fallen angel but you forget that we aren't all christians or british/american, not to mention that the typical biblical fallen angel is not the only type of fallen angel portrayed in western media/culture either (i.e diablo)

and yes, it would be fine if they stuck wings to a fridge and called it an angel, why? because our image of an angel is not fact, "this is how an angel has to look like, anything else is wrong!" is downright childish.

Your complaints about how the hero looks does not mean ironhide screwed up, it means you are butthurt that your hero isn't going to be perfect in every way that you imagined.

I am part of the fanbase too and i did not visualise the fallen hero as angel with demonic traits as you seem to think we all wanted when we voted, i visualised it as more a wraith-like being, which hapilly, the third looks very much like. ironhide failed you, not the fanbase.

-----------------

The hero's name should be Clyde!

The name comes from the latin he'smyfavghostyinpacman:3
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by wailwail » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:35 pm

I agree with Simmonds, not everyone is Christian here. And how do Christians know how their angels look like anyways? It's not like you can see angels, right? So anyone can imagine him the way he likes.
Image
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:46 am
Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Ashbite » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:43 pm

Well, while biblical angels are the 'typical' representation of angels in general fantasy, if they were to follow that kind of angel in accordance to norms which they are in no way obigated to follow, the angel would look more like a demon (Satan/Lucifer is the typical fallen angel) than an angel anyways.
In any case, it's Ironhide's choice. You can't speak for all of the fanbase, Juicebox.
Edit @Kowaghuz I have no idea where 'Casheut' comes from, but it's certainly not 'fallen' in French. That would be 'tombé'.
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

A villain dies a thousand times, a hero only once.

:veznan: :sheep: :veznan:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4546
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:05 pm
Location: Weltmeisterland

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by wailwail » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:50 pm

Satan isn't a fallen angel.
Image
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:46 am
Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by The_TaTs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:52 pm

Quick Remark.

The fans first voted for Demon. And then Fallen Angel. So we had to come up with visual concepts that where somewhat evil and demonic. But just in case someone wanted a non-evil looking concept we offered Concept II.

We also wanted to avoid specific religious images because as we have learned from this very Forum, someone might get offended.

So, the Angel doesn't look like a typical one as portrayed by the main monotheistic religions. For the third design, we were looking for something outworldish... We based them on Paul Richards concept art for Darksiders II. Check out his webpage http://autodestruct.com/.

We wanted something that was different from the other Heroes. Specially since there are OTHER heroes coming soon for Kingdom Rush Origins and we didn't want to repeat the designs.

Also... Putting wings on a fridge and saying is a Fallen Angel was our very first choice. We have to discard it to avoid offending fridges.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Ashbite » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:53 pm

wailwail wrote:Satan isn't a fallen angel.

In Christianity, he is.
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

A villain dies a thousand times, a hero only once.

:veznan: :sheep: :veznan:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 4546
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:05 pm
Location: Weltmeisterland

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Juice Box » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:11 pm

Simmonds91 wrote:
Juice Box wrote:
I'm sorry, but this is a jumbled mess. And yes, they have gone against the fanbase. Tats has just proven it:

Tats wrote:we were also trying to stray from classical biblical looking Angels


Take a look at your logic and realize that, according to you, atleast, Ironhide can take a fridge, give it wings then call it an angel, and things would still be alright. Because A) it's a poll, and B) she still has wings.

To be honest, I myself voted for the third option, but only because it was still the best out of the three, in my opinion. The fact that she's not even close to an angel is still vastly disappointing. Because, again, Ironhide should have forewarned us that they were going to stray away from the typical angel design. I mean, really: when all those people voted for the Fallen Angel option in one of the first polls that Ironhide released, did you think they visualized a typical angel with demonic traits, or a floating, faceless piece of armor with wings?

This is a minor screw-up on Ironhide's part, something that can be ignored, but it's still a screw-up nonetheless. Don't be biased and say it's not just because you're part of the fanbase.


again, if you dont like it, dont vote for it. you complain that one of the three options you could have chosen from is not the same as a typical biblical fallen angel but you forget that we aren't all christians or british/american, not to mention that the typical biblical fallen angel is not the only type of fallen angel portrayed in western media/culture either (i.e diablo)

and yes, it would be fine if they stuck wings to a fridge and called it an angel, why? because our image of an angel is not fact, "this is how an angel has to look like, anything else is wrong!" is downright childish.

Your complaints about how the hero looks does not mean ironhide screwed up, it means you are butthurt that your hero isn't going to be perfect in every way that you imagined.

I am part of the fanbase too and i did not visualise the fallen hero as angel with demonic traits as you seem to think we all wanted when we voted, i visualised it as more a wraith-like being, which hapilly, the third looks very much like. ironhide failed you, not the fanbase.


Ugh.

I'll make this quick because Tats already replied.

1) This is a minor screw-up.
As I have stated before, this is something that Ironhide can be forgiven for. They did not make all three hero designs floating pieces of armor, meaning to screw up was not their intention.

2) Ironhide follow tropes.
This statement is wrong:
Simmonds wrote:and yes, it would be fine if they stuck wings to a fridge and called it an angel, why? because our image of an angel is not fact, "this is how an angel has to look like, anything else is wrong!" is downright childish.


Ironhide cannot cannot follow the definitions because there are none. So they stick to the tropes.

That means orcs must be green, demons must be red, and angels must have a body. By default. Because that is the trope. And Ironhide has been following the tropes ever since they started. I don't give a shrimp about your ethnicity, because while a demon is not defined as a big evil red guy, his trope is.

3) Ironhide gave no warning.
This is where they fruited up. If they wanted to take a fridge and call it an angel, that would've been fine. If they told us that they wanted to be, "less culturally inclusive" with their designs, then the third option would be fine. But they didn't. And truth be told, you would be right if they did.

Now,

A) I did vote for the third option, B) I am Eurasian, C) I do not care about the new hero because her design is already something I do not want, and D) I am not a Christian. All of the following statements are either assumptions, or a complete disregard of given information.

Simmonds wrote:again, if you dont like it, dont vote for it.

Simmonds wrote:we aren't all christians or british/american

Simmonds wrote:it means you are butthurt that your hero isn't going to be perfect in every way that you imagined


Please stop assuming and read what I say.

And Wail,

Wail wrote:I agree with Simmonds, not everyone is Christian here. And how do Christians know how their angels look like anyways? It's not like you can see angels, right? So anyone can imagine him the way he likes.

Wail wrote:Satan isn't a fallen angel.


It's funny how you insulted me personally in a different thread (which, of course, pissed me off, so I ain't letting that pass), when it appears you yourself are incapable of using the Internet to verify what you say.

1 - Satan is a fallen angel. So are all the demons.
2 - The description of what angels look like are in the Bible. However,
3 - The most common design of angels (human with wings) came from old artists who wanted angels in the Bible to A) not look so demeaning, and B) look real.

I'm still pretty pissed off at Wail, so Simmonds can reply, and I couldn't care less right now.
User
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by The_TaTs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:54 pm

Now now kids.
How about we all cool down a bit?

Volcano Girl doesn't HAVE TO LIKE anything we do. She is NOT attacking us. We don't have to agree with her, but we respect her earnest criticism.

This is a place to be civil with each other. A little banter is ok, but let's make sure to keep it friendly... otherwise, what's the point of having a Forum?

Also, remember this: If you are ironic or sarcastic, people might not pick up on that and it's your own fault, not theirs. Friendly sarcasm depends on the tone of your voice and your body language which are impossible to express in a Forum. So be sassy at your own risk.

Finally, apologising for offending another Forum member goes a long way in keeping this place amazing.

Today will be the FINAL POST for the community Hero. Let's enjoy ourselves, ok?

Edit: I meant to say "FINAL POLL".. not FINAL POST.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by wailwail » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:50 pm

FINAL POST? Those 2 words have 9 letters, and add the other symbols, ( ? and space ) and you get 9+2. Number of votes in the community hero poll is 11. 9+2 = 11. The last poll is confirmed!
Image
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:46 am
Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by The_TaTs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:24 pm

Here it is!

The final poll:
http://ironhidegames.com/aheroisborn/step11.html

Time to vote and decide the name for our Fallen Angel.

Thank you so much guys for being a part of this.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Zonoro13 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:30 pm

Achera and Azzael sound cool.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5167
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

PreviousNext

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests