A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

For the King!

Re: A HERO IS BORN - The Hero created by the Community

by Finwer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:06 pm

The name that I voted is winning!
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Draconian » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:15 pm

Hrmm... it's not loading for me. Still, I can check the results and am pleased to see that Lilith is winning!

EDIT: Oops, I needed to make sure I was signed in to my e-mail. It's working now.
Last edited by Draconian on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So if I lied in order to get the color I wanted, would I still be black because that means I am willing to do anything to achieve my goals?
User

by The_Viking » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:15 pm

I hope Azzael wins. It kinda sounds like my suggestion :D
User

Location: Minnesota, U.S.A, which is pretty much just a new version of Norway.

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:52 pm

I like Achera best.

Why is Lilith getting so many votes? It's way too innocent-sounding for a Fallen Angel. I guess it's for irony, but everything else about her is focused on coolness.
BBB

by Dante133 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:20 pm

There is a demon on Supernatural named Lilith, so maybe we have a few Supernatural fans voting?
FOR THE KINGDOM!!!!
User

by The_TaTs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:27 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I like Achera best.

Why is Lilith getting so many votes? It's way too innocent-sounding for a Fallen Angel. I guess it's for irony, but everything else about her is focused on coolness.

Lilith sounds "pretty" but it's actually pretty dark. It means "dark creature" in Hebrew.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:56 pm

The_TaTs wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:I like Achera best.

Lilith sounds "pretty" but it's actually pretty dark. It means "dark creature" in Hebrew.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

So the hero's appearance can't relate to religion but one of the names alludes to Hebrew culture? ;)
BBB

by The_TaTs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:27 pm

It's different.

We asked the community to suggest the names. Lilith was mentioned several times.

But when it came to the visual concepts we had to put our thinking hats to ponder several issues.
Images are super powerful. There are a thousand ways we could have insulted someone, and then there's also the fact that we were trying to be original. If we had gone with a "typical" look, we would've been critizised for doing something cliché.

The thing about this kind of contest is that it's impossible to please everyone. But we can at the very least try to please as many people as possible.

Maybe if we do this again we'll let each fan to create and present their own hero and allow the rest of the fans to vote for the one they like best.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:38 pm

The_TaTs wrote:It's different.

We asked the community to suggest the names. Lilith was mentioned several times.

But when it came to the visual concepts we had to put our thinking hats to ponder several issues.
Images are super powerful. There are a thousand ways we could have insulted someone, and then there's also the fact that we were trying to be original. If we had gone with a "typical" look, we would've been criticized for doing something cliché.

The thing about this kind of contest is that it's impossible to please everyone. But we can at the very least try to please as many people as possible.

Maybe if we do this again we'll let each fan to create and present their own hero and allow the rest of the fans to vote for the one they like best.

I was just joking around, hence the winking smiley. :) In all seriousness, I think it should be about doing what you want to do with your own game/franchise. If it's the majority you want to please, I of course have no problem with that.

I like the sound of that new contest. It's what I originally envisioned about this one. :)
BBB

by Juice Box » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:03 am

Fine with Lilith, Azzael or Achera. Thankfully, all three are in the lead. Yay!
User

by wailwail » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:28 am

I voted for Achera, Lilith is the name of a demon in a little girl body in Supernatural, so it's not really that creative, and Azzael doesn't look like it's a female name.
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by xDiamond » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:08 pm

I'd prefer Lilith over Azzael, but would prefer Achera over Lilith. But then it's a two horse race between a name I like and a name I don't, so I voted Lilith.

Any time frame on when the hero will go live?
User

by Kowaghuz » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:34 pm

wailwail wrote:Satan isn't a fallen angel.

Satan was the first fallen angel ever. Before, he was named "Lucifer"(The Bright One. Satanists somehow think this makes Satan the good guy)
User

by Zonoro13 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Kowaghuz wrote:

Satan was the first fallen angel ever. Before, he was named "Lucifer"(The Bright One. Satanists somehow think this makes Satan the good guy)

Lucifer existed far before Christianity, the early Christians adopted the diety into their religion as Satan to discourage people from worshiping Lucifer. Originally Lucifer was a benevolent god of light.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Kowaghuz » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:45 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:
Kowaghuz wrote:

Lucifer existed far before Christianity, the early Christians adopted the diety into their religion as Satan to discourage people from worshiping Lucifer. Originally Lucifer was a benevolent god of light.

What religion? Was it a stand-alone one?

I, for one, consider the All-kebab-removing God of the Circumcised Shekel-Makers good enough not to need some other god that's butthurt about his followers going away.

KKKKKK, let's not get in a debate:

Lilith sounds okay, but it could've been better
User

by Chimto » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:
Kowaghuz wrote:

Source?
I only know Lucifer as a Hebrew word that eventually came to be a byword to refer to Satan.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Juice Box » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:14 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:
Kowaghuz wrote:

Ergh, what did the people before Christ call worshippers of God, again? 'Cause I legit forgot.

Ehh, whatever. Anyways, I thought Lucifer was an angel of light? I mean, isn't that what his name means?

I mean, as far as I know, he was an archangel, but not a God. There was just, like, only one God and stuff, and bla bla.
User

by wailwail » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Are we going to get back on topic? We're talking about the community hero here..!
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by Kowaghuz » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Juice Box wrote:
Zonoro13 wrote:
Kowaghuz wrote:

Ergh, what did the people before Christ call worshippers of God, again? 'Cause I legit forgot.

Ehh, whatever. Anyways, I thought Lucifer was an angel of light? I mean, isn't that what his name means?

I mean, as far as I know, he was an archangel, but not a God. There was just, like, only one God and stuff, and bla bla.

What I understand is the following:

Lucifer had a religion that rivalled early Christianity

To stop followers from flocking away, the gave the name Lucifer to Satan(The concept of the first demon existed before, but with a different name. Belzebub, Baal, etc.)

Now Lucifer was seen as a bad guy. Until LaVey decided "LED'S B ERRGY" and made a meme religion 46 years ago.

wailwail wrote:Are we going to get back on topic? We're talking about the community hero here..!

There isn't much to talk about, it's only a name.
User

by Chimto » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:25 pm

Juice Box wrote:Ergh, what did the people before Christ call worshippers of God, again? 'Cause I legit forgot.

They were called 'Jews'.
Juice Box wrote:Ehh, whatever. Anyways, I thought Lucifer was an angel of light? I mean, isn't that what his name means?

It means 'morning star' or 'light bringing'.
Lucifer had a religion that rivalled early Christianity

There was no such religion. The word 'Lucifer' was a random word from the Vulgate that somehow came to become a byword to refer to Satan.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

PreviousNext