Ask the Studio

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Ask the Studio

by The_TaTs » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:02 pm

razieltnt wrote:Have You got any counter, how many and what franchises did You use in Kingdom Rushes?
Is it over 20 or less?

Way over 20 at this point.

(BBB... please stop answering on our behalf, we can feel the love, but you kinda make us look as if we are copying YOUR ANSWERS :lol: )
User

by blu3 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:05 pm

what is your favorite easter egg in all three games (like the magic beanstalk or the wilson volleyball in kro)
breadsticks
User

Location: Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

by AerisDraco » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:27 pm

TaTs, to help, I made a list of the as of yet unanswered questions: (Alphabetically by User)

Aeris
[+] SPOILER
What percent of this "new game" is completed? And is there an estimated season for the release date?
When is the next update?
What's it like at Ninjakiwi? (For Delebru)
I assume you have kept in touch with all the other devs, right? (For Delebru)

BBB
[+] SPOILER
Are there any design decisions you regret/messed up and learned from in any if the games, besides the obvious hero balancing issues?
How often does anyone at Ironhide check the Fanfiction forum?
Which hero do you all find the most fun to use?

blu3
[+] SPOILER
what is your favorite easter egg in all three games (like the magic beanstalk or the wilson volleyball in kro)

Finwer
[+] SPOILER
Favorite hero of each of the members?

The Kingmaker
[+] SPOILER
Do you think of a mechanic and create a level/enemy/hero to fit that mechanic, or think of the level/enemy/hero first and create mechanics to fit them?

xstar
[+] SPOILER
So, how have you been? (For Delebru)
Have you gotten over to New Zealand? (For Delebru)
Last edited by AerisDraco on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Manijure » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:39 pm

My question was already answered (about their favorite enemy). Someone else asked that, although I'm not sure who it was.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by AerisDraco » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Whoops. Edited.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Now that I finally have a chance to sit down and write out a post properly I can actually ask a question.

How do Alvaro, Pablo and Gonzalo as the founding three, feel to have made such a big impact on gaming and to have come so far so quickly? I mean, by their own words they exhausted themselves making the first Rush with just the three of them, and for it to score so highly and be nominated for and win so many awards from notable gaming sites, it's a lot to happen so quickly. I imagine it can be overwhelming at the time, but now that a few years have past, how does it feel when you look back on that?

When is Pencil going to get a fancy art avatar? (rhetorical, don't ask this)
Yes it's me

by Oof_Shunt » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:36 pm

I love the towers and the heroes and everything; will they be part of upcoming/future games???
User

by delebru » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:24 am

xstargaming wrote:Delebru! Image

Yes, I'm aware this isn't the thread for reunions, but it is a thread for questions! So, how have you been? Have you gotten over to New Zealand? :)

AerisDraco wrote:A. What's it like at Ninjakiwi?
B. I assume you have kept in touch with all the other devs, right?

Image :oops:
It's been a challenge moving so far away but after getting settled I'm starting to enjoy more and more. Ninja Kiwi is awesome in a different way and I love it here! I miss Ironhide a ton though, more than work mates we are the kind of friends that feels like family and yes, we keep in touch :mrgreen:

The_TaTs wrote:
delebru wrote:Can I ask questions too? :oops:

Delebru knows everything. Why would you need to ask questions. Is this a test?

No test, just a question :mrgreen:
Ironhide Developer

by AerisDraco » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:40 am

Delebru, what have you contributed to Ninja Kiwi?
I play Bloons TD5, Battles, and BMC, because Bloons is my 2nd favorite TD.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by delebru » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:09 am

AerisDraco wrote:Delebru, what have you contributed to Ninja Kiwi?
I play Bloons TD5, Battles, and BMC, because Bloons is my 2nd favorite TD.

I'm managing events in BMC, SAS4 and now Odysseys on BTD5 but even if it's a question I think it's offtopic here :P
Ironhide Developer

by AerisDraco » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:06 am

Sorry... :?

What events? :P
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by flamemaster368 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:07 am

Is the Golem in KRO a miniboss? This is to answer a debate on a different thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to shadownight for the awesome avatar!
User

by warbot1000 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:20 am

Tats has everone working at ironhide completed all the games. (completed as in 3 stars on every level of each game with the iron and heroic challenges completed)
also what is the best endless mode score at ironhide?

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by hellzwulf » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:29 pm

Are any of you familiar with a mobile game called Azeroth ?

Its a Chinese game (as made apparent by the text on the title screen) available on google play that directly rips-off the graphics and basic layout of Kingdom Rush ( As in I'm pretty sure they directly took graphics from the Kingdom Rush Game code ).

That being said , the actual game play is substantially different , with the player sending out soldiers , en mass, to swarm the field of battle and eventually overwhelm the enemies side , sorta of a battlefield tug-o-war with the advantage based upon which soldier types have been deployed against what enemies. A surprisingly great game.

The reason I bring it up is that it would be nice for you to possibly seek out the developers of the game and possibly partner with them. The game , while fun , lacks the polish and storyline I have come to enjoy from the Kingdom rush games and with Iron Hides help this type of Defense game could be a new variation for the Kingdom Rush series.

Of course, all things considered , you could just copy the game type yourself - After all , they took your graphics and layout without permission!

Looking forward to the next Kingdom Rush game!!!!!
User

by The_TaTs » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:56 pm

AerisDraco wrote:
New question:
What percent of this "new game" is completed? And is there an estimated season for the release date?

Also, will the prophecy of the great balance update ever come to fruition?

The new game doesn't even have an Alpha version yet. The release will be in 10-12 months from now.

Big Bad Bug wrote:Ooh, this thread is getting messy, but, it's worthwhile to see your answers. You think a lot like me based on your opinions about the games. ;)

1. Are there any design decisions you regret/messed up and learned from in any if the games, besides the obvious hero balancing issues?
  2. How often does anyone at Ironhide check the Fanfiction forum?
  3. Which hero do you all find the most fun to use?

I don't expect a quick answer because of the broadness of those questions, so I will not rush you or remind you to answer my questions constantly. :mrgreen:

Each team member has his regrets about something. I have to say that our biggest blunders so far involve stuff less involved with gameplay and more with other stuff.
- No Hero or Save Game syncing between iPhone and iPad
- No Cloud Saves for Android
- No full screen for Android
- Music apps are force shutdown on some Android devices...
We wish we could take care of all this... but it's currently impossible.

The Fanfiction section of the Forums is a bit like Mordor. We enter at our own peril and never without a short, chubby guy willing to carry us if we falter. Jokes asides, Colo and I usually lurk in that section from time to time.

There is no consent on a single Hero. There's 21 of us now... each of us have a different favourite. I'll tell you this however, there's a lot of us here who like Catha quite a bit. :o

blu3 wrote:what is your favorite easter egg in all three games (like the magic beanstalk or the wilson volleyball in kro)

The Pip-Boy from Fallout in Kingdom Rush Origins. I'm a huge fan of the Fallout series and that one made my day.

The Kingmaker wrote:It terms of concepts for enemies, heroes (and levels):

Do you think of a mechanic and create a level/enemy/hero to fit that mechanic, or think of the level/enemy/hero first and create mechanics to fit them?

We usually come up with characters and try to think mechanics that can be applied with our current engine.

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Now that I finally have a chance to sit down and write out a post properly I can actually ask a question.

How do Alvaro, Pablo and Gonzalo as the founding three, feel to have made such a big impact on gaming and to have come so far so quickly? I mean, by their own words they exhausted themselves making the first Rush with just the three of them, and for it to score so highly and be nominated for and win so many awards from notable gaming sites, it's a lot to happen so quickly. I imagine it can be overwhelming at the time, but now that a few years have past, how does it feel when you look back on that?

When is Pencil going to get a fancy art avatar? (rhetorical, don't ask this)

They are happy that everything worked out well, obviously. Sometimes it feels as if the first game was made 10 years ago, so much stuff has happened in only 4 years. The fact that the games they made became hits means that they can keep making games everyday... that wasn't a certainty in the first days, but now it is.

kingdom_rush wrote:I love the towers and the heroes and everything; will they be part of upcoming/future games???

Yes.

warbot1000 wrote:Tats has everone working at ironhide completed all the games. (completed as in 3 stars on every level of each game with the iron and heroic challenges completed)

Nope. Some of us haven't even completed the first KR. :roll:

flamemaster368 wrote:Is the Golem in KRO a miniboss? This is to answer a debate on a different thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes. It's a miniboss.

warbot1000 wrote:Tats has everone working at ironhide completed all the games. (completed as in 3 stars on every level of each game with the iron and heroic challenges completed)

No idea. Lol. We tested the games so much that scores don't really mean much. And no, not everyone here completed the games.

hellzwulf wrote:Are any of you familiar with a mobile game called Azeroth ?

Its a Chinese game (as made apparent by the text on the title screen) available on google play that directly rips-off the graphics and basic layout of Kingdom Rush ( As in I'm pretty sure they directly took graphics from the Kingdom Rush Game code ).

That being said , the actual game play is substantially different , with the player sending out soldiers , en mass, to swarm the field of battle and eventually overwhelm the enemies side , sorta of a battlefield tug-o-war with the advantage based upon which soldier types have been deployed against what enemies. A surprisingly great game.

The reason I bring it up is that it would be nice for you to possibly seek out the developers of the game and possibly partner with them. The game , while fun , lacks the polish and storyline I have come to enjoy from the Kingdom rush games and with Iron Hides help this type of Defense game could be a new variation for the Kingdom Rush series.

Of course, all things considered , you could just copy the game type yourself - After all , they took your graphics and layout without permission!

Looking forward to the next Kingdom Rush game!!!!!

Cloners gonna clone.
That's all we are going to say about this issue.
User

by Manijure » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:19 pm

What is Ironhide's definition of a mini-boss? To me, the Twilight Golem doesn't seem like a miniboss, because, despite its high HP, high armor, high AOE attack, and immunity to insta-kills, he can still be affected by Hunter's Mark, Sylvan's Curse, the frozen spell from Sorcerer's Stone, and Mages' innate teleportation spell. The Gnoll Warleader and Twilight Brute, however, are immune to all that.
User

by The_TaTs » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:22 pm

Manijure wrote:What is Ironhide's definition of a mini-boss? To me, the Twilight Golem doesn't seem like a miniboss, because, despite its high HP, high armor, high AOE attack, and immunity to insta-kills, he can still be affected by Hunter's Mark, Sylvan's Curse, the frozen spell from Sorcerer's Stone, and Mages' innate teleportation spell. The Gnoll Warleader and Twilight Brute, however, are immune to all that.

You might be right. It could be considered a mega-minion then.
User

by Manijure » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:35 pm

The_TaTs wrote:
Manijure wrote:What is Ironhide's definition of a mini-boss? To me, the Twilight Golem doesn't seem like a miniboss, because, despite its high HP, high armor, high AOE attack, and immunity to insta-kills, he can still be affected by Hunter's Mark, Sylvan's Curse, the frozen spell from Sorcerer's Stone, and Mages' innate teleportation spell. The Gnoll Warleader and Twilight Brute, however, are immune to all that.

You might be right. It could be considered a mega-minion then.

Ok. Makes more sense that way.

One last question: which level is that Fallout Pip-Boy reference from? That is one reference that I somehow cannot remember.
User

by wailwail » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:38 pm

The_TaTs wrote:favourite

NOT AGAIN :cry:
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by The_TaTs » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:12 pm

wailwail wrote:
The_TaTs wrote:favourite