Ask the Studio

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Ask the Studio

by Vanzen » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Coolman13 wrote:
kingdom_rush wrote:Hooah!

Question:
So Vez'nan "mewling quim" and "glorious purpose" uhhhhhm is Vez'nan Loki?

No, he just uses a Loki line.

I wanted to give Vez'nan a somewhat evil somewhat silly personality. He never had a voice until Origins, and the lines on the first game were mostly tributes to games and movies we like. So after some research i chose Loki's and Rumpelstiltskin's lines to that effect and i think it came out pretty well.

Really doubted about the "mewling quim" one.. since it could be offensive to some people, but then again Vez'nan is allowed to break some rules and he only says it in the unlikely event you let him die... which you shouldn't... ever! :veznan:
Ironhide Developer

by Vanzen » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:46 pm

Lord of all evil wrote:My question which perhaps I didn't put well across in my long post was: Is the KR universe drawing to a close or is it just the updates for the KR games which are going to end.

As long as you guys like the universe of Kingdom Rush, we will keep making it bigger and more complex.
We love KR, we love the the universe, have a backstory and plans to expand it. Each update but specially game gives us the opportunity to expand on the world, and we will keep doing so as long as we can keep releasing games :)
Ironhide Developer

by wailwail » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:06 pm

To BBB and Vanzen: It's really easy to find art and sound resources for games, but actually Shadownight is the best one to look for, and we are his/her friends.

I imagine the Kingdom Rush saga in the future, RPGS, Tower defense games, RTS, all expanding on one universe. There might even be an MMO!

And a question: Will Beta/Alpha testing for the game be available on pc?
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by SealDarklight » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:49 pm

I have a question to you game developers (i love you game and im a huge fan but this isnt important). What is the most powefull race that exist in the game?
User

by Lord of all evil » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks Vanzen, you guys are the best. I am glad you are releasing new games and still continuing your KR universe, perhaps in the distant future, it may even surpass games like minecraft and GTA V. Keep up with the excellent work of making games. I am waiting for your next game, p.s. Is it as awesome as KR.

I don't think the KR universe will fall based on fans disliking it as the game's popularity is increasing rapidly since the release of frontiers.
User

by Lord of all evil » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Will future games be available on platforms, such as PS4, or Xbox ?
User

by The_TaTs » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:11 pm

wailwail wrote:To BBB and Vanzen: It's really easy to find art and sound resources for games, but actually Shadownight is the best one to look for, and we are his/her friends.

I imagine the Kingdom Rush saga in the future, RPGS, Tower defense games, RTS, all expanding on one universe. There might even be an MMO!

And a question: Will Beta/Alpha testing for the game be available on pc?

- If everything goes as we expect, we will release our games both on PC and mobile. This means that someone will have to test the PC version.
The Alpha will probably be tested on iPad... the reason for this is that this device comes with a standardised hardware, software and OS. So it's easier for building and testing alphas.

SealDarklight wrote:I have a question to you game developers (i love you game and im a huge fan but this isnt important).
What is the most powefull race that exist in the game?

Either Dragons or Demons.

Lord of all evil wrote:Will future games be available on platforms, such as PS4, or Xbox ?

The answer falls into the "Not entirely impossible" category.
If our future games are a success, then maybe we can consider a port to consoles. But it's all hypothetical at this point.
User

by wailwail » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:20 pm

The_TaTs wrote:
wailwail wrote:And a question: Will Beta/Alpha testing for the game be available on pc?

- If everything goes as we expect, we will release our games both on PC and mobile. This means that someone will have to test the PC version.
The Alpha will probably be tested on iPad... the reason for this is that this device comes with a standardized hardware, software and OS. So it's easier for building and testing alphas.

User

by Chimto » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:32 pm

wailwail wrote:
The_TaTs wrote:
wailwail wrote:And a question: Will Beta/Alpha testing for the game be available on pc?

The Alpha will probably be tested on iPad... the reason for this is that this device comes with a standardized hardware, software and OS. So it's easier for building and testing alphas.

<PIC>

Why bother? The alpha version will most likely not be released to anyone outside Ironhide anyway.
standardized

Ahem. You seem to have an irrational hatred of PROPER ENGLISH.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Kowaghuz » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:39 pm

Chimto wrote:Ahem. You seem to have an irrational hatred of PROPER ENGLISH.

Those filthy brits, not only do they start learning american but they can't even bother to spell stuff correctly.

[+] SPOILER
I was joking
User

by The_TaTs » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:41 pm

[
Chimto wrote:Why bother? The alpha version will most likely not be released to anyone outside Ironhide anyway.
standardized

I'm terribly sorry if my use of the English language is not up to your high standards, Mr.Chimto.

However, you'll be interested to know that the word "standardised" can be written both with a Z or with an S. You can verify this with a simple Google search, instead of calling me out for it on a public Forum.

Thanks.
User

by Chimto » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:53 pm

The_TaTs wrote:
Chimto wrote:Why bother? The alpha version will most likely not be released to anyone outside Ironhide anyway.
standardized

I'm terribly sorry if my use of the English language is not up to your high standards, Mr.Chimto.

However, you'll be interested to know that the word "standardised" can be written both with a Z or with an S. You can verify this with a simple Google search, instead of calling me out for it on a public Forum.

Thanks.

I was talking to wail, not you. If you paid more attention, you could see that you used 'standardiSed' in your post, but wail changed it to Z when quoting it. You can verify it by reading the posts again, instead of calling me out for it on a-
It seems I'm sounding suspiciously like you. By the way, currently, -ize has become almost unused in the UK, and same for -ise in the US.
Last edited by Chimto on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Manijure » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:01 pm

Chimto, you do realize that TaTs is not as active on the forums as we are, since he's doing a lot of other stuff regarding development, so he just made a little mistake. And anyways, he's right, even though he wasn't directly referring to wail; "standardized" is as accurate as "standardised" in English. We Americans use "standardized" a lot in writing, sometimes more frequently than using "standardised".
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by Pencil » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:14 pm

Hey, about grammar.

The only reason it exists is to make whatever message it is you're trying to communicate understandable by everyone speaking the same language.
If the message gets through, correcting grammar is just pedantic and for self-satisfaction.

But hey, that's just my opinion, an Ethics Opinion!
Thanks for reading!
Ironhide Developer

by wailwail » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Actually I just saw it using my correction plugin and edited it.. and I'm using American English, so I don't know. And is this a grammar thread? Chimto went off-topic.
User

by Oof_Shunt » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:05 pm

Vanzen wrote:
Coolman13 wrote:
kingdom_rush wrote:Hooah!

Question:
So Vez'nan "mewling quim" and "glorious purpose" uhhhhhm is Vez'nan Loki?

No, he just uses a Loki line.

I wanted to give Vez'nan a somewhat evil somewhat silly personality. He never had a voice until Origins, and the lines on the first game were mostly tributes to games and movies we like. So after some research i chose Loki's and Rumpelstiltskin's lines to that effect and i think it came out pretty well.

Really doubted about the "mewling quim" one.. since it could be offensive to some people, but then again Vez'nan is allowed to break some rules and he only says it in the unlikely event you let him die... which you shouldn't... ever! :veznan:

Just crushed Forgotten Treasures as Saruman/Vez'nan/Loki

:hero: :veznan: :hero: :veznan:

Also 'Pick of Destiny' was a treat Jack Black rocks
User

by MisterX » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Please just use this thread for asking the devs questions.
They provide us the service to ask them any question but if everyone just posts stuff not related to the topic it'll become much more difficult for them to answer us, so stay on topic.
User

by Finwer » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:27 pm

Pencil wrote:But hey, that's just my opinion, an Ethics Opinion!
Thanks for reading!

:lol:
Game theory?
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by Vanzen » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:54 pm

Just to clarify on Alpha testing and with no intention to contradict The_Tats.

For future games, it will depend on the title where the Alpha is tested. Most will probably go for the iPad first or iPad/iPhone Universal but there is a chance that some will be tested on PC as long as steam allows for an "Early Access" launch.
Ironhide Developer

by Lord of all evil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:59 am

Is your new game also an epic fantasy game or is it a totally different genre?
User

PreviousNext