That's for computer I got iPad
its simple visit my dragon or die
visit my dragon ----> Image <-------
Or Here another one
User

Re: Rotten Forest

by Bear » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:39 am

Bear wrote:
Julian wrote:I don't see how you can complete campaign mode with only artillery,
as someone said. Too... many... treants. But maybe he did not do so
on normal mode without premium content, nor heroes? Anyway, I am
still stuck on Iron mode. Once I died of the last demon hound, just
when everything seemed under control. Grumble.

Yeah, I do use premium, and have not tryed it without.

And no problem without the premium ;)
User

by Julian » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:05 am

Haha, nice bear ^^
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

My iPad, no heroes, solution

by Bobak » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:36 pm

Longtime lurker, first time poster here! :)

While all the advice from the Flash users is good for general direction, I sometimes find their solutions don't seem to work as well on the iPad. As an iPad user I wanted to add my 3-star solution to the normal campaign mode without using the heroes ('cause coffee's for closers).

Here's a screenshot of the final seconds before total victory (post-boss) and my tips afterward:

• My pre-wave towers are the final two mage towers (arcane in screenshot), the left two artillery towers (I upgrade the one in the center), the lower of the two archer towers, and the mage tower to the left of the bottom entrance.
  • As gold starts coming in I start adding the mage tower at the center (obscured by the pause sign in the screenshot), the mage tower to the right of the bottom entrance, the third artillery position, and the mage tower to the left of the first archer tower.
  • I then work on upgrading archer towers into a Rangers Hideout; this guy will do a ton of damage to early waves coming from the top and the mage towers will (assuming you've got upgrades) slow down the enemies for maximum havoc. I add poison later, but the Wrath of the Forest isn't as useful so I skip it until I have nothing but gold in the final few waves.
  • Next I prioritize making the final two mage towers into maxed-out Arcane Wizard towers: the teleport keeps enemies constantly going back to the artillery kill-zone and the death ray really helps when you get swamp things and other assorted nasties later on.
  • I then mix it up with upgrading the artillery to Big Berthas (upgrading the dragons breath missiles first) and turning the other mage towers into Sorcerers: their ability to reduce armor makes them weaker targets for the artillery barrages to come. I only focus maxing out polymorph so they can turn some of the tougher enemies into easier-to-dispatch sheep.
  • I then set up the second Ranger Hideout and max out the poison to both Ranger towers.
  • Once I'm swimming in gold in the final few waves I start adding random barracks to slow down foot soldiers (I managed to find time to tap out a Holy Order in that screenshot), add the Earth Elementals to the Sorcerer towers just to slow down the waves of supporting units so they don't start overwhelming the choke point in Wave 20 (which can feel like anarchy in the final seconds), and maybe throw in the Wrath of the Forest for the same reason. My logic is to slow everyone but the boss since I want the boss to walk past his soldiers so my towers will prioritize him (especially the arcane towers which do a lot of damage.
  • I generally keep my previously-upgrade reinforcements at the main kill-zone in front of the Arcane Wizards so they can do max damage with their spears, but when it's a Demon Imp rush I'll put them earlier in their path to lower their HP before they hit the heavy towers.
My only issue was the first time I did this I didn't realize the minions didn't die with the boss so I got surprised at the very end with one getting by. This time I was ready.
User

by awietheplayer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:29 pm

i beat iron whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Or Here another one
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue May 01, 2012 12:16 am

I can't believe you guys use so many towers. I used my self-imposed "Octorad" and only died on Greenmuck because of poor timing on my part.
Also:
natelox wrote:(delete)

WTF!?!?!?
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by Julian » Tue May 01, 2012 11:40 am

Epicazeroth wrote:Also:
natelox wrote:(delete)

WTF!?!?!?

He obviously posted something he wanted to delete afterwards,
but as there is no delete option, he had to edit it to '(delete)' ;)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by awietheplayer » Tue May 01, 2012 8:44 pm

how can i record my ipad screen
Or Here another one
User

by Epicazeroth » Tue May 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Press the "home" button and the "sleep mode" button at the same time.
Image Image
So cute. And lonely :cry: Please visit him. And my other dragons while you're at it. Ok he's actually kinda creepy, but I promise the other one is cuter!
User

by Julian » Wed May 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Even when reading how other people did iron mode on normal difficulty,
without premium content, I still cannot do it for now. There seems to
be a gigantic bunch of luck involved, in order of damage done by your
towers, the places where the extra rain of fire ehm... 'bullets' fall and
the amount of holy orders performed by your paladins :/
User

by Nepene » Wed May 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Julian wrote:Even when reading how other people did iron mode on normal difficulty,
without premium content, I still cannot do it for now. There seems to
be a gigantic bunch of luck involved, in order of damage done by your
towers, the places where the extra rain of fire ehm... 'bullets' fall and
the amount of holy orders performed by your paladins :/

The elemental wave really is monstrous. Massive creatures coming down on you while fast dogs repeatedly smash your defences, along with a huge horde of zombies advancing on you. You need a fair bit of luck to take out both elementals.
User

by Julian » Wed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm

Finally. Thanks for the tips Nepene... and others C:
User

by Pinchfire » Fri May 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Just to make sure... The Iron challenge wehn playing without Premium content...
I've played for hours and I still can't beat it. I usually build in the centre of the map concentrating on the T-points. I always start with only Mage towers, then just before the hounds appear I build Knights. I've tried using the orange mage towers... Upgrading Elementals/Sheep. If using Elementals one really has to be lucky... If upgrading the sheep magic one still can't hold them on.
The only thing I've not trid so far is concentrating on the purple magic towers...
So my questions was: Is there a 100% prrof strategy guide on how to beat the Iron challenge without the Prem. activated? Many thanks and much luck beating those waves! ;)
User

by delebru » Fri May 04, 2012 4:30 pm

Pinchfire wrote:Is there a 100% prrof strategy guide on how to beat the Iron challenge without the Prem. activated? Many thanks and much luck beating those waves! ;)

I don't think there is a 100% proof strategy... My strategy without premium included arcane towers with lots of teleport and only 2 paladins close to the exit. I upgraded paladins as fast as I could since them dying means more Husks to handle. Armor, heal and holy strike FTW!
Ironhide Developer

by Nepene » Fri May 04, 2012 8:17 pm

Pinchfire wrote:Just to make sure... The Iron challenge wehn playing without Premium content...
I've played for hours and I still can't beat it. I usually build in the centre of the map concentrating on the T-points. I always start with only Mage towers, then just before the hounds appear I build Knights. I've tried using the orange mage towers... Upgrading Elementals/Sheep. If using Elementals one really has to be lucky... If upgrading the sheep magic one still can't hold them on.
The only thing I've not trid so far is concentrating on the purple magic towers...
So my questions was: Is there a 100% prrof strategy guide on how to beat the Iron challenge without the Prem. activated? Many thanks and much luck beating those waves! ;)

I found an almost 100% proof strategy, after some tweaking. If you meteor at the right time it really helps. When I use it I only die if I forget about the game for a couple seconds at the wrong points.

Summary. Build magic towers everywhere but bottom left corner, there build paladins. Don't let reinforcements die, keep them away from enemy. Paladins counter fire dogs. You should be firing meteors near the exit at these times. Upgrade magic towers near the bottom after the first demon wave. Build an elemental near the demon gate to take on the big demon.

Fireball times.

0. (optional.) when four or five creeps are out, at the top.

1. When the last demon has exited the portal in the first wave.

2. When the second tree reaches the intersection, or a bit earlier, there's some leeway here.

3. When a second wave of trees and demons comes and there's lots near the exit. Near the end of this wave.

4. When the second wave of fire dogs comes.

5. When the right elemental comes your paladins and reinforcements should take out the first wave of firedogs, then when the second wave comes hit the elemental around when they cross.

6. On the demon captain.

All but one tower should be magic to avoid feeding the slime pool corpses which will turn into green corpses for the enemy. First build magic towers, level 1towers have the lowest cost per damage ratio and so are the best. Build them around the right side to kill demons and creepers from the right as such

Upgrade them from the exit outwards, don't upgrade the top path. Late during the rotten tree assault build a barrack and prioritize it for upgrades to a paladin with healing (one early on, add a second level of healing later in the fire dog wave and a third in the gloomy elemental wave or just before).

As you beat the first elemental upgrade paladins as much as you can. Their holy strikes are really useful.

After this upgrade a tower on the right side to the yellow wizard thing and make an element. This will stop the big demon from shielding up his buddies.

Upgrade this tower as necessary to heal the elemental, don't let the elemental die at any costs or a swamp one will appear.

From here on, build arcane death towers to take out elementals near the exit. I lost my elemental at one point but then the enemy got death'd so it didn't matter. Your towers should be overwhelmingly strong.

Magic wise. Initially use the reinforcements to take out the flying units. Put your first reinforcement at the level of the second tower from the top on the right near the hell entrance, second one a bit further. Then put a reinforcement a little ahead of fliers and creepers. Use a meteor when there are five creepers at the top (as soon as you see the fifth one) somewhere in the middle. This removes all randomness from this stage.

From then on, put your reinforcements in front of the furthest tower on the left, retreat them to the left if necessary. Use meteors right after the last demon exits the tower around the intersection near the exit, normally right after your meteor timeout regenerates.

With the tree assault, handle the first tree and demon as normal, then meteor the second tree. You have a fair bit of leeway here, if you upgrade towers well and don't do anything stupid with your reinforcements you should easily pass this bit. At the end of the tree assault you'll probably need to use a fireball to take out lots of trees and demons, don't waste a fireball early though unless you have to. Level 3 warriors can delay trees and demons pretty well.

The firedogs are fast and deadly. You should be placing your reinforcements just behind the paladins, which should be a bit back. In general from now on use reinforcements behind your paladins, keep your paladins quite far back. When the wave of fire dogs come with the elemental, your paladins should take them out. Keep your paladins alive as long as possible by moving them, keep reinforcing. When the elemental comes and the second wave of fire dogs come hit them and it with a meteor. Use paladins and reinforcements as necessary to take out the first elemental.

Towers and paladins and reinforcements should be able to hold off the second elemental and if you keep them moving about you should be able to take out the second wave. I once died here when I forgot to move the paladins back- they were engaging the elemental way forward and I didn't retreat them when the dogs came. And from then on, it's just a matter of time till the second elemental dies.

And from here on, you should win with little difficulty.

User

by Pinchfire » Sat May 05, 2012 9:43 am

Will try it out. ;)
User

by Pinchfire » Sat May 05, 2012 10:27 am

INCREDIBLE! :D Nepene, you're the man! It worked! I suppose the Elemental in fron of the demon gate is really crucial...
User

by Julian » Sat May 05, 2012 11:53 am

Pinchfire wrote:I suppose the Elemental in fron of the demon gate is really crucial...

It definetly is not ;)
But congratulations :D
User

by Nepene » Sat May 05, 2012 11:59 am

Pinchfire wrote:INCREDIBLE! :D Nepene, you're the man! It worked! I suppose the Elemental in fron of the demon gate is really crucial...

Thank you Pinchfire, I'm glad it worked for you, I am the man.

The elemental is pretty important. With it your towers should be so strong that they'll rip the demons to shreds before they even get to the end. Without it the captain will shield them and the round is only doable if you're lucky with holy strikes or tower fire.
User

by Julian » Sat May 05, 2012 12:24 pm

My 'only barracks' tries aren't really going well, haha :lol:
Oh well, this is how far I can get at the moment:
User

PreviousNext