Rotten Forest

For the King!

Re: Rotten Forest

by Tomi » Sat May 05, 2012 1:07 pm

I've completed Rotten Forest on normal mode. Campaign, Hero and Iron, all done on iPad. First successful campaign left me with full 20 hearts. On my 2nd and 3rd run (I just had to see if I could do it again) I got 19 and 20. I did the hero mode on my first try, but iron took me about 3 hours and 20-25 tries. NOT gonna try that again.

I'm missing only one achievement - that's releasing the Yeti guy from the block of ice. I have no idea how to do it on iPad.
User

by koonic » Sat May 05, 2012 2:10 pm

semagedih wrote:
LichLord wrote:
suin wrote:No earth elements, and that's the trick!

Why no earth elements? Their aoe attack is nice and they can stand up very well against swamp things while you take em down, not to mention they stall the boss very good as well. Plus they benefit from the halved physical armors that their supporting sorcerer towers around cause. I always put em before the big berthas in the path so they halve armor before the nuking and also stall them there.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Mainly because any deaths on the map = more units to deal with out of the slime pool. And Earth Elemental deaths create Swap Things, which are the hardest to deal with. Not a problem on Normal or Heroic, but makes things extremely difficult on Iron.

THANK YOU!! This level was driving me crazy, I could not understand why the developers put so many enemies coming from the poisoned lake which do not provide money. At the end, my guess was that it was a matter of time, so you had to hurry to kill all enemies. I built canon towers, and sorcerers with paladins, but quickly got overwhelmed around level 15. I will now try to win knowing this trick, thank you.

I am curious, how did you come across this fact?
User

by Julian » Sat May 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Tomi wrote:I'm missing only one achievement - that's releasing the Yeti guy from the block of ice. I have no idea how to do it on iPad.

Be sure to aim your Rain of Fire ability well at stage 8 (Icewind Pass) ;)

koonic wrote:I am curious, how did you come across this fact?

Just by looking I guess. 3 barracks soldiers die because of the explosion
of a killed demon and a second later 3 husks spawn out of the swamp?
Hmmm, that could give you an idea. And when an elemental dies and a
swamp thing comes out, that could make things even more clear C:
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by awietheplayer » Sat May 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Hey I have a question it's true that when one of Ur guys die a husk comes out of the swamp
But how come in the levels with graveyards every time I kill an enemy a skeleton or skeleton knight comes
its simple visit my dragon or die
visit my dragon ----> Image <-------
Or Here another one
User

by koonic » Sat May 05, 2012 3:14 pm

I have just finished the Rotten forest in the normal mode, indeed when you know the trick the game is much, much easier ;).
User

by kilele » Sat May 05, 2012 3:27 pm

also the devs warn you in the husk's description
KR1 Fanmade Challenges
At the end of the experiment, you will be baked and then there will be cake.
User

by Julian » Sat May 05, 2012 5:41 pm

koonic wrote:I have just finished the Rotten forest in the normal mode, indeed when you know the trick the game is much, much easier ;).

Congratulations ^^

awietheplayer wrote:Hey I have a question it's true that when one of Ur guys die a husk comes out of the swamp
But how come in the levels with graveyards every time I kill an enemy a skeleton or skeleton knight comes

When you kill an enemy in a level with a graveyard, a skeleton will appear out of the graveyard.
If you kill a stronger enemy (I believe when an enemy would take more than 1 live when reaching
the end of the path), a skeleton knight will spawn from there C:
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by awietheplayer » Sat May 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Julian wrote:
koonic wrote:I have just finished the Rotten forest in the normal mode, indeed when you know the trick the game is much, much easier ;).

Congratulations ^^

awietheplayer wrote:Hey I have a question it's true that when one of Ur guys die a husk comes out of the swamp

When you kill an enemy in a level with a graveyard, a skeleton will appear out of the graveyard.
If you kill a stronger enemy (I believe when an enemy would take more than 1 live when reaching
the end of the path), a skeleton knight will spawn from there C:

thnx
Or Here another one
User

by Aaland » Sat May 05, 2012 5:50 pm

How do you get and use Heros?
User

by awietheplayer » Sat May 05, 2012 5:52 pm

Aaland wrote:How do you get and use Heros?

u need ipad
Or Here another one
User

by Aaland » Sat May 05, 2012 6:05 pm

I'm using an iPad?
User

by TheHallMonitor » Sat May 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Aaland wrote:How do you get and use Heros?

If you are using iPad, the first thing you do is get the new
update with heroes and the rotten forest. Then you go
down to the bottom of the map and click the Hero Room
button. After that you click the "unlock heroes" button
(which costs 15 stars)and select your hero. You get the
first 3 heroes, Gerald, Malik, and Alleria for free, but
you need to pay 0.99$ each for the other 3, Magnus,
Bolin, and Ignus.

This is all based on my knowledge so far of the heroes,
please correct any mistakes you may find. ;)
ded

by awietheplayer » Sun May 06, 2012 2:46 am

I have a challenge for all of the Kr players who have rotten forest
Only baracks and sorcer tower
In campaign iron and heroic
Or Here another one
User

by semagedih » Sun May 06, 2012 9:35 am

koonic wrote:THANK YOU!! This level was driving me crazy, I could not understand why the developers put so many enemies coming from the poisoned lake which do not provide money. At the end, my guess was that it was a matter of time, so you had to hurry to kill all enemies. I built canon towers, and sorcerers with paladins, but quickly got overwhelmed around level 15. I will now try to win knowing this trick, thank you.

I am curious, how did you come across this fact?

I noticed it when a Swamp Thing rose out immediately after my Elemental died. Then I tested and confirmed solider/reinforcements deaths matched :) It also made barracks only attempts incredibly difficult.

On another note, I finally beat Iron mode, flash version no premium. Was attempting Clownsareevil hint of pure mage towers, but could never survive Swamp Things. I think my timing was probably off. I saw that Nepene had a walkthrough guide, but wanted to attempt it my own way. Ended up with this. Though maybe just got a bit lucky :)

User

by Tomi » Sun May 06, 2012 12:33 pm

So I can pass Rotten Forest (campaign mode) on every try now with either 19 or 20 hearts left. Usually the "tree boss" is dead by the time it reaches the center of the level and other times it's dead before the final turn.
User

by Nepene » Sun May 06, 2012 1:19 pm

semagedih wrote:I noticed it when a Swamp Thing rose out immediately after my Elemental died. Then I tested and confirmed solider/reinforcements deaths matched :) It also made barracks only attempts incredibly difficult.

On another note, I finally beat Iron mode, flash version no premium. Was attempting Clownsareevil hint of pure mage towers, but could never survive Swamp Things. I think my timing was probably off. I saw that Nepene had a walkthrough guide, but wanted to attempt it my own way. Ended up with this. Though maybe just got a bit lucky :)

It's nigh impossible to do it with just mage towers. The best strategies involve paladins, just as you had.

Good win. Did you find it gave you an easy or hard victory? First try or many?
User

by JonasAlbrecht » Sun May 06, 2012 7:07 pm

I really liked this level, even the frustrating Iron Challenge.

The developers are really showing improvement in their craft with each new premium content level.
User

by Pinchfire » Sun May 06, 2012 8:39 pm

I've managed to come up with a working strategy that beats the iron challenge every time. Will post an walkthrough in the coming days...

Funny though... Before I couldn't beat it once. Now I just try to imrpove the strategy... My best score so far is a overlimit of ~1700 gold... Normal diff, without prem content...
User

by semagedih » Mon May 07, 2012 2:40 am

Nepene wrote:It's nigh impossible to do it with just mage towers.

Challenge accepted!! :D I've gotten very close with just mage towers, I think i just need to experiment with the tower positioning. Supposedly clownsareevil accomplished it, but I can't replicate his strategy.

Nepene wrote:Good win. Did you find it gave you an easy or hard victory? First try or many?

Not easy and this was after many, many attempts.
User

by Nepene » Mon May 07, 2012 3:05 am

semagedih wrote:
Nepene wrote:It's nigh impossible to do it with just mage towers.

Challenge accepted!! :D I've gotten very close with just mage towers, I think i just need to experiment with the tower positioning. Supposedly clownsareevil accomplished it, but I can't replicate his strategy.

Nepene wrote:Good win. Did you find it gave you an easy or hard victory? First try or many?

Not easy and this was after many, many attempts.

I've done it. It's not about tower positioning much. It's about monstrous amounts of luck. If you try enough times eventually you'll do enough damage to beat it.
User

PreviousNext