Gib help pl0x

For the King!

Gib help pl0x

by Kowaghuz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:13 pm

Since I cannot get KRF or KRO, I can only play KR.

And by "play" I mean failing at some levels and being too p***y to try other levels, so I decided to come to ask for help.(I'm not googling a strategy guide because I really have to stir up discussion here.)

So far of the bonus campaigns I've finished:

(When I say I completed a level this means I finished both the heroic and iron challenges)

Ruins of Acaroth-1/1
Troll Campaign-1/2
Blackburn Campaign-1/4(No Heroic or Iron here)

... aaand, erm, that's it. :| Feel free to help me git gud.
Last edited by Kowaghuz on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Re: An attempt to revitalize the forums.

by Finwer » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:26 pm

I also can't pass the heroic challenge for the 2nd level of the Blackburn campaign. As soon as the 2nd wave where worgs come they overhelm me. Any advices?
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by The_TaTs » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:12 pm

Why is this thread called "An attempt to revitalise the Forums" and is about something else entirely?

Maybe it should be: "Mastering KR once and for all"...or something similar.
User

by Kowaghuz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:53 pm

The_TaTs wrote:Why is this thread called "An attempt to revitalise the Forums" and is about something else entirely?

Well, it is creating discussion and therefore it is revitalizing the forums. Also, clickbaity titles work better when starting a thread.
User

by Manijure » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Finwer wrote:I also can't pass the heroic challenge for the 2nd level of the Blackburn campaign. As soon as the 2nd wave where worgs come they overhelm me. Any advices?

I would give some sage advice it weren't for the fact that I only beat that level (Ancient Necropolis, I think) with spamming items, and even still, I only got ONE star. The Skeleton Knights clobbered my soldiers in strength and number, and those Abominations... SO MANY ABOMINATIONS... Their explosions were a pain.

Out of all the enemy portraits, you had to pick an Abomination, TaTs... :evil:
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by Finwer » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Manijure wrote:
Finwer wrote:I also can't pass the heroic challenge for the 2nd level of the Blackburn campaign. As soon as the 2nd wave where worgs come they overhelm me. Any advices?

I would give some sage advice it weren't for the fact that I only beat that level (Ancient Necropolis, I think) with spamming items, and even still, I only got ONE star. The Skeleton Knights clobbered my soldiers in strength and number, and those Abominations... SO MANY ABOMINATIONS... Their explosions were a pain.

As I said I talk about the heroic challenge,not the normal stage. That one I completed with 3 stars( steam version, no gnome shop),
User

by Manijure » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:24 pm

Finwer wrote:
Manijure wrote:

As I said I talk about the heroic challenge,not the normal stage. That one I completed with 3 stars( steam version, no gnome shop),

Oh, whoops, sorry, I wasn't clear. I said I couldn't help you because I can't even play the Heroic stage since I didn't get three stars on the Campaign. My bad. :P

I would really appreciate it, though, if you gave me tips to beat the Campaign level without any items.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by The_TaTs » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:15 pm

Kowaghuz wrote:
The_TaTs wrote:Why is this thread called "An attempt to revitalise the Forums" and is about something else entirely?

Well, it is creating discussion and therefore it is revitalizing the forums. Also, clickbaity titles work better when starting a thread.

Wrong answer.
User

by Simmonds91 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:28 pm

Kowaghuz wrote:Also, clickbaity titles work better when starting a thread.

*facepalm*
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by Finwer » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:57 pm

Manijure wrote:Oh, whoops, sorry, I wasn't clear. I said I couldn't help you because I can't even play the Heroic stage since I didn't get three stars on the Campaign. My bad. :P

I would really appreciate it, though, if you gave me tips to beat the Campaign level without any items.

Ok so I just beat the level again with Gerald (to see if it's possible with a free hero as well) and I have to say I have a little advantage, and that is that since my screen is bigger than an mobile one, the level is also bigger, giving me more time to catch leaks, but again I used Gerald, you can use Ignvar or Elora maybe.

Ok so this is how you start( I know Magnus is selected here but for some reason I can't print screen my game :? )
Then you upgrade the lower artillery and start. I usually send my hero in the front lines to deal damage and activate skills. From now on you will look at what enemies come next and upgrade your towers according to that. Necromancers or big groups of zombies or skeletons? Artillery. Lots of Fallen or Spectral Knights? Mages. Try to level each tower to at least level 2 so it isn't useless,then you should get Tesla and one level of Overcharge as soon as you can. Don't upgrade your barracks if you don't need to. If they die and you have nothing else to stop the guys leaking, put reinforcements, if you don't have reinforcements, upgrade the barracks, if you can't do neither of those, send your hero there. This will keep your enemies in place as much as possible.

After you have your Teslas with 2-3 level Overcharge start upgrading the mages to Sorcerers and get Elementals as soon as you can. If you see groups coming and you are already doing pretty bad in the front lines, upgrade the archer tower to Rangers and get at least one level in Wrath of the forest, then upgrade it as you going more money. This Ranger Tesla combo will kill the Necromancers really quick. After you get your Teslas with max Overcharge, Sorcerers with Elementals and Rangers with max Wotf, try buying Poison Arrows and the other upgrade for the Tesla for extra damage.

Other tips:
-Make sure your RoF hits as many important enemies as possible.
-If you have Sectral Knight leaks and your mage tower can't reach them either upgrade the mages to increase their range or upgrade the barracks to Palading and get the Holy Strike.
-Your stalling process with be something like this: Barracks die,put reinforcements, upgrade the barracks, upgrade your Elemental when it has low HP, make sure your hero uses his skills the right way on the group, repeat.

After you get your Teslas and Ranger maxed out and your Sorcerers with Elementals try building other towers around. I personally built a BB at the left of the upper mage tower and another Ranger tower at the left of the lower mage tower.You can max Paladins' abilities if they do bad at stalling or surviving and move your hero when you see the Abimination's explosions.
Sorry for the long post, hope it helps. ;)
User

Re: Gib help pl0x

by Finwer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:43 pm

So can somebody help me with Ancient Necropolis heroic challenge?
User

by phillipriv9 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:27 pm

Can I has help on Bandits lair
1 there I put something here
User

by JamesTon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:09 pm

Finwer wrote:So can somebody help me with Ancient Necropolis heroic challenge?

That's the hardest challenge of them all.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:30 pm

I don't know. Not replying to threads that are almost two years old and no longer being discussed seems to be pretty difficult.

I'm closing this since Kowaghuz is no longer active and this discussion is dead.
Yes it's me