Premium Content FAQ

For the King!

Premium Content FAQ

by Andralexis » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:02 am

I guess many of you guys have some questions about the Premium, so, I'll try to keep this updated with any info I come across. If you have questions (preferably game-play related, but not required) feel free to post those here. Without further ado, the FAQ:

1. What is Premium Content?
Premium Content is a bonus package that you can get for your Kingdom Rush experience. It consists of some small-but-useful game bonuses:
- Extra Lightning Bolt power.
- Extra Initial Gold, varies per stage.
- 1 Extra Reinforcement summoned when using the Call Reinforcements power.
- 15 Extra Stars ready to get used in the Upgrades menu.
- "Cosplay" Reinforcements (from the Call Reinforcements power). Cosmetic option (but a really nice one).
All this bonuses are completely optional. That means that you can turn them off at anytime from the new "Premium Content" menu in the World Map.

2. How much does it cost?
5.99 USD

3 So, KR has gone "freemium"? Bummer.
No. The Premium Content is not mandatory to be able to play. In all aspects, it makes the game easier, but it is beatable without it. If you really appreciate the challenging aspects of the game, try the Heroic or Iron Challenges. Even with the Premium Content activated, you will be amazed how difficult can it be if you let your guard down.

4. What benefits do I get from the Premium Content powers and bonuses? Tell me the specifics.
- Reinforcements. The extra soldier will slow down an extra enemy. But it goes beyond that, as it actually increases the damage output of the Reinforcements by 50%. Now you can hold your own with Spear Throwing Reinforcements against flying enemies, just make sure they are in the right position. Plus they will look cooler now, as you can customize their looks choosing between a Star Wars cosplay set, a Mortal Kombat one or a Street Fighter set.

- Extra Initial Gold. The banking gnomes will get you random amounts of gold right before starting the battle. It seems to depend on stage and mode, in the first stages the range seems to be somewhere between 50-80 gold, and both minimum and maximum increase every stage or so. In the last stage (normal difficulty, campaign mode) data shows a constant 390 gold, but same stage, Iron Challenge, it gets up to 840 extra gold.

- Lightning Bolt. Single-target, random damage spell. 25 seconds cooldown. It can hit aerial units. Great animation. So far, the testing data shows it does about 30-300+ damage, but this is unconfirmed. A Goblin will not survive the impact even if it receives the minimum amount of damage, while you'll have a chance of one-hit killing a Dark Knight.
Still testing.

- 15 extra Stars. Right now, you can get up to 79 (although the game lists 77 as the maximum). Use them to your liking, but I'd suggest you go for the Reinforcements upgrades (now that you get an extra guy from it).

5. Is there a way to check the updates made to the game?
Sure, read the changelog. You will find it here.

6. Any advice for certain stages, like 9 or 10?
Check the Strategy Guide link from the Encyclopedia menu, in the World Map.

7. What do I do if I have more questions about the Premium Content?
Post them here! Let the community help you.
Last edited by Andralexis on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
User

Re: Premium Content FAQ

by MaGnUs » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Good job!
Writer and letterer for hire!
Clockwork Chap
User

by lito88 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Great FAQ, thanks Andralexis!
Ironhide Developer

by Caveman » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks for posting this! You explain it in amazing detail. :D
I'm sure it will help a lot of people out. :)
IAmTheCaveman.
User

by jb2171 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 pm

The pop-up from paypal.com is not working properly
(I can log into paypal from their web site, but not in the pop-up)
Is there a way to send the paypal payment outside of the pop-up since it doesn't seem to work on either of my computers.
(I have upgraded flash and web browsers for each machine too, and can still log into paypal normally.)
Thanks,
jb2171
User

by Andralexis » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:59 am

jb2171 wrote:The pop-up from paypal.com is not working properly
(I can log into paypal from their web site, but not in the pop-up)
Is there a way to send the paypal payment outside of the pop-up since it doesn't seem to work on either of my computers.
(I have upgraded flash and web browsers for each machine too, and can still log into paypal normally.)
Thanks,
jb2171

It might not work for you, but it worked for me:
Open your browser, clear cache and cookies, disable the popup security options and cookie-related security options, then try again.
Post here if it works.
User

by Luxsum » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:31 pm

So I have the premium content, and I am logged into Armor Games, but when I try to play KR and log in to that for the premium content it has been telling me all day that Armor games is down. I don't think it's down though. Is it?

I was able to play a few days ago, I had access to my premium content and everything.
`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·
baah.... baah... baah... baah... baah... *squick*
`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·
User

by Quest » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:42 pm

Luxsum wrote:So I have the premium content, and I am logged into Armor Games, but when I try to play KR and log in to that for the premium content it has been telling me all day that Armor games is down. I don't think it's down though. Is it?

I was able to play a few days ago, I had access to my premium content and everything.

it was down for some time. but its up now.
try refreshing your page to make it load a new copy of the game.
User

by Vanzen » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:53 am

We had issues with AG login on Friday too. Cleaning browser cache was the only thing that made it work again.
Ironhide Developer

by koonic » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:11 pm

I was ready to pay for the premium content, but then the paypal pop-up asked me for my paypal account. I don't have one, and I don't want to get one. I know it is possible to pay with paypal without a paypal account, because I did it for the Humble Indie Bundle.
Why is it impossible here?
User

by Vanzen » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Armorgames handles all payment process, maybe you could suggest that to them koonic. You can contact them at help[at]armorgames.com. :)
Ironhide Developer

by cymy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:25 pm

Lightning bolt just did 472 dmg to a demon lord. It also can do 0 damage! (didn't use it on a goblin tho ^^)
User

by Vanzen » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Lightning is very random :)
Ironhide Developer

by cymy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:46 pm

477 to a necromancer :)
User

by scarecrow119 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:50 pm

I cant log into paypal popup window. I know i have everything right because i had to log in via the website to changer my info. Cleared cache and cookies and still nothing. Help?
User

by Andralexis » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the Lightning damage cap, Cymy. I've been unable to do more tests, but will re-start those tonight.
User

by ragingspeedhorn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Hey guys - first of all GREAT GAME. I really loved playing Kingdom Rush and the tactics involved. Finally a game that is hard in a way that encourages you to get better at it, instead of just pissing you off.

I would therefor like to support you by buying some extra content, but the option you have for content is dissapointing. I was hoping for something more to play, like some bonus stages or something like that - not stuff that just makes the game easier or adds Star Wars characters. Therefor my suggestion for either a future update or Kingdom Rush: The Sequel would be to have some premium content that actually adds some content. I'm probably not the only one wanting to throw money at you guys, but a bit dissapointed by the content provided. If I am the only one, then... make it anyway :P

Keep up the good work <3
User

by wungfu » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:05 am

I have tried different web browsers and I still can't get to log into the PayPal window. Not sure what the issue is.....
User

by Andralexis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:06 am

wungfu wrote:I have tried different web browsers and I still can't get to log into the PayPal window. Not sure what the issue is.....

Well, if you already changed browsers, pop-up blockers and cookie configurations... hope someone else can help. Maybe you could try from another PC...
User

by wungfu » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:39 pm

I have tried from 3 different computers with none of them working. I assume that others are having the same problem so you are most likely loosing out on donations. If you had another way to send funds that would be better, like an email address to send money to via Paypal where you then get a confirmation number to enter into the game would be a good one.
User

Next